Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: June 19th Possible iPhone for tmobile

Default June 19th Possible iPhone for tmobile
    I went to the store today to pay my tmobile bill, and received some enticing news. I had a conversation with the manager about the new iPhone and so on, but the best part is this.... He proceeded to tell me that on June 19th that every employee of every tmobile store must come into to work two hours early that day for a meeting, now the thing is that they are being left completely in the dark about what the meeting will be about and that as long as he's been working their they've never released a new product this way. Beware this is pure speculation by me and the employees that tmobile might be getting an iPhone. Another employee mentioned something about the owner of tmobile USA is the owner of deustch telecom. Which is the company that has the iPhone exclusivity somewhere in Europe. It's just sounds funny to me that tmobile has the iPhone in other countries and now since AT&Ts exclusivity is up in the USA who's to say tmobile won't bring it here now.

Also my sister was told the same thing at a different location, so it's not just one store throwing out b.s.

What the manager did say is that it could be something for fathers day or an iPhone he has no idea.

Rumors rumors rumors, the reason I post this is because I saw a while back on the tmobile forums about the iPhone coming to tmobile in the near future in the USA.

It seems way to good to be true but who knows anything is possible and it's just like apple to keep something like this a secret.

If I'm wrong let me know.

Flame on

Thanks

Not gonna happen. T-mobile's networks cannot handle the iPhone. Also, the new iPhone does not support T-mobile's 3G frequency, which would be pointless to have as an official carrier. Sorry but this is just another rumor/speculation. Probably a meeting about another issue
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Guess we will see. But the TMobile in the US uses a different freq than the one in other areas for the 3G. Just saying that because you mention TMobile in other areas having it.

I really think the iPhone will be going crazy for all networks in the next year or two because of the move to LTE for almost all the cell companies.

That would be awseome. Ive been on tmobile since my first iPhone. It was cheaper for me to buy an iPhone on eBay and get a flexpay plan from tmobile. The tmobile representitive wasn't even suprised I had an iPhone. She gave me a sim, I paid then she gave me a customer service number specifially for getting the iPhone to work on tmobile networks. I thought it was hilarious.
    AT&T wanted a 500 security deposit and their plan is atleast 15 dollars more. AT&T doesn't even have 3g here. In march 09 they said 3g will be here in 6 months now they say it will be in October. I wouldn't doubt if they purposely tell people this so they go ahead and snatch up 2 more years of someones soul, 20 extra bucks a month for tethering?!
    Honestly I'd rather be on edge than join AT&T. If this actually happens it would be amazing. Tmobile + iPhone = win.

Right that's exactly what I was thinking, but we can always hope

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

This would be cool, but it is far from reality. AT&T has the lock down over here even though you can get it on Tmo in Germany.

Good call guys, that's what I assumed anyways but figured I'd post it anyway to see what everyone else thought

The meeting on June 19th is for their new special promo. It is to give away all the phones that they sell for free....obviously with a new 2 year agreement. It has nothing to do with T-mo getting an iPhone.

Heres the link:
    T-Mobile Giving Away Free Phones On June 19th

Lol I know these are all rumors but there was a new article on fox news today again speculating the tmobile may get the iPhone.
    FOXNews.com - T-Mobile Next to Carry the iPhone, Says Analyst

Thanks

Those "analysts" have been saying the same things of T-mobile and Verizon since 2008. Apple obviously plans on staying with AT&T for at least a year more, since they kept their 3G frequencies away from T-mobile and did not mention a CDMA version of the iPhone. They'll keep being rumors until Jobs says otherwise.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

11. The Following User Says Thank You to adp For This Useful Post:

iBrando (06-16-2010)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Fun thought, doubt it though

Apple is still exclusive to AT&T. Even though no-commitment/no contract Apple iPhones are being sold now, you must still be an existing AT&T customer or sign up with AT&T to get your hands on the iPhone. Silly to be selling no contract phones but still requiring AT&T service, I'll say.