+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 79.99 Unlimited Everything "Even-More Plus" Plan APN Settings

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I Went to Other Post but it seems to confuse me as what to do. im switching up (in march) to the 79.99 Even More Plus Unlimited Text + Talk
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy 79.99 Unlimited Everything "Even-More Plus" Plan APN Settings
    I Went to Other Post but it seems to confuse me as what to do.

im switching up (in march) to the 79.99 Even More Plus Unlimited Text + Talk + Web Plan.

I Have an iPhone 2G 8GB .. What are the APN settings for it and how do i apply it ... and will it work ?

thank you. i dont wanna seem repetitive to the other post but switching from hackin my iTouch to my iPhone are 2 different things

adp
    Thanks

If you wanna save some money, just get the unlimited talk+text and add the $9.99 web2go unlimited data. You'll pay $69.99 instead of $79.99.

The APN should be internet2.voicestream.com
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousMOD View Post
    I Went to Other Post but it seems to confuse me as what to do.

im switching up (in march) to the 79.99 Even More Plus Unlimited Text + Talk + Web Plan.

I Have an iPhone 2G 8GB .. What are the APN settings for it and how do i apply it ... and will it work ?

thank you. i dont wanna seem repetitive to the other post but switching from hackin my iTouch to my iPhone are 2 different things
    If you want to follow his advice on the plan change, you may.

Do not follow his APN advice.

Check out the first post in the carrier bundle thread. Take your time and read the instructions carefully. In general, you should not have any issues.

Since your plan would be Postpaid, use the first bundle. If that bundle does not work for you, try the next one. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)
    Last edited by Lecram25; 02-14-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Link.

adp
    Thanks

Or you can save the trouble of installing/uninstalling bundles that don't work and realize that internet2 is designed for web2go - and get the bundle that has that APN. It should be the first "legacy" bundle after you search in cydia.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

NotoriousMOD, do not listen to him. He has time and time again provided false information.

Just check out the carrier bundle thread and see what works for you. Any issues, just post in that thread using the "Asking for Help Format."

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Or you can save the trouble of installing/uninstalling bundles that don't work and realize that internet2 is designed for web2go - and get the bundle that has that APN. It should be the first "legacy" bundle after you search in cydia.
    The bundles work. You can trace this by the number of thread views in the past month or so (talk about a spike!). Compare that to the number of issues. Most of those issues are due to people not reading. Any others are merely isolated. If the bundles truly didn't work, there'd be thousands of people posting with issues. In fact, I personally know a rep at T-Mobile who instructs people to use the bundles as well.

Time and time again you continue to post BS when it comes to APNs. Now, all of a sudden, you feel that you know more than T-Mobile!

internet2 is designed for web2go
    Yet T-Mobile themselves seem to disagree with you. I mean damn, it's only their APN:

Access Points Names (APNs)
    T-Mobile Internet: Internet2.voicestream.com
    T-Mobile Internet VPN: Internet3.voicestream.com
    Web2Go/t-zones: wap.voicestream.com
    BlackBerry: blackberry.net
    Sidekick: hiptop.t-mobile.com
    T-Mobile G1: epc.tmobile.com
    From the horse's mouth?

NotoriousMOD, if you feel a sense of confusion, I wouldn't blame you. If you want to see how wrong this guy is, gladly read portions of this thread:

T-Mobile custom carrier bundle problem

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

internet2.voicestream.com wasn't designed for web2go, that's got to be a joke. It's an old access point number for T-Mobile. It just so happens that if you have a smartphone and you try to use it with T-Mobile Web for Phones, it will work. All smartphones should be using epc.tmobile.com, but this cheaper plan denies access to it.

OP, don't change your plan. Keep it.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lecram25 View Post
    If you want to follow his advice on the plan change, you may.

Do not follow his APN advice.

Check out the first post in the carrier bundle thread. Take your time and read the instructions carefully. In general, you should not have any issues.

Since your plan would be Postpaid, use the first bundle. If that bundle does not work for you, try the next one. Wash, rinse, and repeat.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)
    Hey OP, did you ever get this to work? I'm thinking of changing my plan to the unlimited as well but I want to make sure my internet will work before I do and lose my T-Zones. Thanks!