Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS Maps problem

Default 3.1.2 iPhone 3GS Maps problem
    I'm unlocked on 3.1.2 and everything works, internet, mms, video messaging, email but the only problem im having is with maps. It keeps saying "Your location could not be determined" however I can still search things on maps. any tips?

ALSO I can't find a single T-Mobile carrier logo that works for my phone.

THANKS! If anyone needs help getting as far as I did feel free to PM me.

I just tried using youtube too, not working either
    Last edited by nmpeter; 02-02-2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I think its something to do with the location services from google. I don't think that it will work since its only for a AT&T. The YouTube app doesn't really work well for me, Try "MxTube" Inside of Cydia. It's a great app, Faster than the original Youtube app, and you can download videos that you want and watch them later.

Hope that helps
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

3. The Following User Says Thank You to willie498 For This Useful Post:

nmpeter (02-03-2010)

You could just have a very weak GPS signal try going outside, and make sure 'location severcies' in settings > general, is turned on
    My Dog Pop Arted!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to henners123 For This Useful Post:

nmpeter (02-03-2010)

Maps works for me now I think it was a weak signal. Youtube is still not working, i guess i can live with it as I never use it anyways. Ill check out MXtube when i do. THANKS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Maps works for me now I think it was a weak signal. Youtube is still not working, i guess i can live with it as I never use it anyways. Ill check out MXtube when i do. THANKS!
    Try this fix for youtube...
    Youtube Fix for iPhone 3.1.2 blacksn0w Unlock | Redmond Pie
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    DO NOT use that YouTube fix from adp's link!

That Push and YouTube fix uses shared certificates which will get you in a whole lot of trouble (not working correctly, etc.)

Follow the information in the carrier bundle thread. There is information that pertains to Push Notifications and YouTube.

T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundles: Bluetooth, Data/Internet, MMS, & Tethering (2G/3G/3GS)