Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile iPhone US in Europe

Default Tmobile iPhone US in Europe
    I'm going to europe on a mission trip (amsterdam, france, germany) this summer and want to use my maps application on my iphone. What are my options? I called TMobile and the lady could not help me at all, she just gave me the rates which are hella expensive. All I want to do is use data. I know ATT has an international data plan for 60 dollars a month and that gives you 50mb. Does t-Mobile have this? Can I sign up for att prepaid and add the international data plan for a month while I go away?

The iPhone is a factory unlocked 3G.

I currently have:

Even More Plus for Families 1500 Talk + Text + Web
    1500 Whenever minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes
    iPhizzle

Quote Originally Posted by bubonicbryan View Post
    I'm going to europe on a mission trip (amsterdam, france, germany) this summer and want to use my maps application on my iphone. What are my options? I called TMobile and the lady could not help me at all, she just gave me the rates which are hella expensive. All I want to do is use data. I know ATT has an international data plan for 60 dollars a month and that gives you 50mb. Does t-Mobile have this? Can I sign up for att prepaid and add the international data plan for a month while I go away?

The iPhone is a factory unlocked 3G.

I currently have:

Even More Plus for Families 1500 Talk + Text + Web
    1500 Whenever minutes
    Unlimited Weekend Minutes
    Unlimited Weeknight Minutes
    Just buy a prepaid sim card while in Europe. That's the beauty of the rest-of-the-world's cellular setups. None of this carrier lock down mess.

I'm not so sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could get some kind of data plan on prepaid over there.

And yes, 3G would work.

I found that orange has SIM only pay as you go plans
    pay as you go SIM

Would this work in the iphone? I would get unlimited texts and data for 30 euros.

Oh but thats only in the UK.... Crap... Will it work in Amsterdam?
    Last edited by bubonicbryan; 01-19-2010 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    iPhizzle

Either roam (if available) or look for something similar.

Pay as you go/prepaid is in abundance throughout Europe.

yeah, just buy a new card in every country.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!