Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3.1FW to 3.0FW for 2G iPhone

Default Downgrade 3.1FW to 3.0FW for 2G iPhone
    My kid accidently upgrade her 2g iphone from 3.0 to 3.1Fw and now it does not work with T-mobile. It just stuck on the screen with the picture of USB cable and iTunes.
    Can you downgrade to 3.0FW now ?
    Thanx.
    Last edited by dakao; 10-01-2009 at 11:18 AM.

yeah the 2g (silver back) is fine. you'll have to downgrade and re-jailbreak.

use the search feature if you don't already know how to downgrade
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

dakao (10-01-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    yeah the 2g (silver back) is fine. you'll have to downgrade and re-jailbreak.

use the search feature if you don't already know how to downgrade
    I have been searching but so far no luck.
    Anybody ??? Help help Please.
    Last edited by dakao; 10-01-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Let me google that for you

sorry for acting like an ***, just bothers me when people can make a thread, but somehow don't know how to use google...

it's a 2g, its pretty much impossible to mess up... why don't you use the resources you have, and try fixing it? rather than looking for someone to walk you through the entire process, its rather easy, in fact your daughter could probably do it...
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 10-01-2009 at 12:48 PM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

pauly1272 (10-02-2009)

thanx man, but I can't connect my phone with the DFU method either.
    Any other way?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dakao For This Useful Post:

babyblue_pimp (10-01-2009)

try turning the phone completely off

And plug it in, while holding the home button..

The computer should recognize it

man, I'm not waiting for somebody to step me thru step by step man.
    I tried for the last 4 hours but itunes on my PC don't recognize the phone, I did everything that I found on the net including using the fdu.zip files but I can't put my phone in DFU mode. The phone seem to be in dfu mode but my PC and itunes don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by dakao View Post
    man, I'm not waiting for somebody to step me thru step by step man.
    I tried for the last 4 hours but itunes on my PC don't recognize the phone, I did everything that I found on the net including using the fdu.zip files but I can't put my phone in DFU mode. The phone seem to be in dfu mode but my PC and itunes don't see it.
    alright alright relax, you've tried, thats all that matters, i'll help as much as i possibly can..

First off did you try the hold home while plugging in the phone trick?

Follow this youtube video for DFU mode
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_ss0bljHY]YouTube - How to Put Your iPod into DFU Mode[/ame]
    Or this one
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiTcKMZfyfk[/ame]

You shouldn't need any of that dfu.zip stuff, unless your home button is broken...

it takes a few times, but don't stop trying. Once you get the computer to recognize the phone, its all good from there.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 10-01-2009 at 01:49 PM.

I'm at work right now and my company block video from youtube so I will have to wait until I get home. Thanx.

hello there,
    I could get my phone in dfu mode now, but I'm kinda lost where is the Option key? They told me to hold the option key while clicking the Restore in iTunes.
    Thanx.
    Last edited by dakao; 10-01-2009 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

its the shift key if your 0n windowz

Got it, thanx.

Oh man, I finally got the phone downgraded to 3.0 and unlock it.
    I used the 2nd youtube method How to put your iPhone in DFU mode and was able to downgrade my phone, it only took me 5-6 hours or so but it was worth it.
    Thank you babyblue pimp and Haywire.
    Last edited by dakao; 10-01-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost