+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Google voice and tmobile edge for iPhone

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I just set up my google voice it's amazing!! However I was using it on wifi all day when I got to work I realized when some one
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Google voice and tmobile edge for iPhone
    Ok so I just set up my google voice it's amazing!! However I was using it on wifi all day when I got to work I realized when some one calls u the edge Internet shuts off making it impossible to use google voice with a unlocked tmobile iPhone I no u can use 3g this is crazy makes me think bout going back to AT&T

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm not sure of what you mean, GV Mobile isn't a VoIP app so that shouldn't matter..

Are you saying that if you're on a call and someone trys to call you through GV because the EDGE network is disabled you won't get the call?
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 09-30-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow I'm an idiot I lost the call cuz I lost service I figured it out however do u need Internet on to send text?

And since I have google voice free text does this mean I can cancel my 10.00 flexpay txt plan
    Last edited by kingjames2586; 09-30-2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

You do need data for texting, and it doesn't have push service so you'll have to open the app to get the messages.

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yea that's confusing because if I send a text from gv mobile I get the text in my SMS app but it shows it from a diff number example: the person who replyed to my text that was sent from gv mobile says +14062686114 then it has her number and the mesg but if i open the app it's there to

Also what is the easiest way to give all my iPhone contacts my number I tried sending a group text via my tmobile number but it didn't work is there some sort of limit for group text?
    Last edited by kingjames2586; 10-01-2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's a problem with the firmware I believe because it doesn't work for anyone, I don't know if it was fixed for OS 3.1

Lovely

Not