Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 'Search' has failed ... T-Zones questions.

Default 'Search' has failed ... T-Zones questions.
    I have made myself a little dizzy (to the point of throwing up a little in my mouth,) trying to get some basic t-zones info. Here are the questions... Thanks for being helpful and understanding.

Can I still use my t-zones on an iPhone 3g running 3.0?
    What apps will I not be able to use? (i.e. email, googletalk, app store stuff?)
    I have unlimited texting on my tmo plan, is that compatible?

I am about to take the plunge and get an iphone 3g but need some solid info first. Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,212 Times in 6,215 Posts

Welcome to MMi,
    You can do all that you have asked for the most part, if you do a forum search you will find tons of threads on T-Zones. Some say it will work some say that can't get it to work. I do know that there is a 9.99 web plan that most use. T-Mo has stepped up and has figured out that they were getting scammed and losing money. SO changes were made by them.
    So don't puke, search around and you'll find the answers you need. Good luck.

Thanks a ton. I think I will borrow a friends iphone and try to do the whole thing first and then decide. I have the old 4.99 tzones and hope it will work.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,212 Times in 6,215 Posts

I am on T-Mo and use the 9.99 plan and have no issues at all. You'll love the iPhone.

Do you already have the T-Zones plan? If so, that makes things a little easier, considering it is unlimited and only $5.99. Even if not, you can always add the $9.99 web2go plan. All you'll have to do is install a "carrier bundle" in iTunes, which you can find in SpookyET's T-Mobile data plan thread in this subforum.

I do already have the tzones. I actually have it at 4.99 a month. I hope the GPS will work as well as it has on my blackberry. I have been using it with t-zones with success but feel the winds of change blowing me to an iphone.

Then you're set to go man. Come back to this thread once you get your iPhone and I can give you all the links and stuff to the carrier bundle you'll need to install. Simple stuff.

My T-Zones works just as well as my friend's AT&T EDGE. The only limitation that I have come across at all is that sometimes, weird URLs will give you a "URI not found error." This usually occurs with .net sites if you forget the www., but it is such a minor glitch that encountering it (maybe once every 3 months) is the only thing that reminds me that I'm not using an "official" iPhone data plan. One URL I have tried that gives this error is: http://memegenerator.net/Generators I can never seem to get that page loaded in Safari, for whatever reason.
    Last edited by n00neimp0rtant; 09-28-2009 at 01:53 AM.

You are the HCIC (Head Cheese in Charge). Can you get the apps that need data to work ok?

Yes. All of my apps: stock, App Store, and Cydia; work just as they should. Even slightly more obscure things, such as tethering my T-Zones data to my laptop, work correctly.

You are aware what unlocking is, why you have to do it, and what you will need in order to do it, right? If not, I can help with that, too.

Totally good on the unlocking thing. I have had an ipod touch for a few years and have used cydia a few times. It might be a different game with Tmobile and tzones, but nothing a few searches and youtube videos can't solve. Thanks again. I may look for you in the weeks to come.