Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Couple Quick 2G T-Mobile Questions iPhone Questions

Default Couple Quick 2G T-Mobile Questions iPhone Questions
    So I recently kicked AT&T to the curb, selling both my beautiful 32gb 3gs and wifes 16 gb 3g to someone in Denver. Picked up the new 64gb ipod touch but still missing the combined phone and ipod device (i hate carrying multiple things in my pockets) and am thinking about just picking up a 16gb 2g iphone unlocked for T-Mobile, but have some quick questions, any responses will always be given thanks.

- I have seen some threads about MMS working on specific firmwares with specific carrier files, really does MMS work OK on T-Mobile and can you get video messages? Additionally is this only able to be done on 3.0 vs. 3.1?

- Second, I am not planning on using data with the phone (have a company blackberry I have to tote around) and just want to use the phone for text, ipod, and calls. Does this affect the way MMS would work?

- Finally, I know some folks have mentioned the visual voicemail icon doesn't really go away, is that true or can it forced to go away?

Also, any thoughts on a good video recorder for the 2g phone would be greatly appreciated. As always MMI has always been the best for feedback, Thanks in advance for any responses.

Rich

I dont think it can get video messages. But it can receive photos with a certain package from cydia (you'll have to research a little on this site) it can be done on either 3.1 or 3.0, but i think 3.0 is more stable.

You MAY need a data plan... not 100% on that though, as some phone have picture messaging, but no internet. Hopefully someone else can shed some light.

If by visual voicemail you mean the red dot, then replacing your tmobile sim with the 64k version should fix your problem. (search on here)

if cycorder (sp?) works on the 2g, its pretty much the best, and i think its free.

not the best help, but just my 2 cents
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

thewhiterabbit9 (09-26-2009)

If you get flexpay, you're not obligated to a data plan mainly because they're not subsidizing the phone. You just get a Voice+Messaging plan (Includes MMS) and you'll be golden.

Lovely

Not

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

thewhiterabbit9 (09-27-2009)

Thats what I thought, I have them already, just phone and unlimited text so I figured I could just slap my sim in there. I am already in the contract just tired of carrying both my ipod touch and phone around along with company blackberry.