Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push Notification on 3.0.1?

Exclamation Push Notification on 3.0.1?
    Well I was doing a lot of trial and error last night and i am stuck because i tried the "put your at&t Sim card" to enable push and i used Pwnage Tool to unlock and jailbreak the phone. So i made sure to un-check the box that says "activate the phone" in pwnage tool. After i made the custom firmware i loaded it up to my phone and everything was going as usual and then i had an old At&t SIM lying around so i just loaded in the little tray slot. The blue notification came on that says "activing iphone this may take a while" or something of the sort. And i waited.......now just so u know the SIM card is inactive. It was from when i bought my iphone and cancelled the plan. So after waiting for about 6 minutes or so i just took out the AT&T SIM out and loaded in my T-Mobile SiM and the then after a few seconds the little blue screen came on and it said "YOUR iPHONE IS ACTIVATED" so i was super stoked that it was working BUT ONE LITTLE PROBLEM CAME UP! I KEEP LOSING SIGNAL!!! SO ANNOYING! the push notification is WORKING GREAT!!! like flawlessly but i just keep getting the NO SIGNAL or SEARCHING... signs. SOME ONE PLZ EXPLAIN to me what i did wrong or if i could use redsn0w to do it or any suggestions. I feel i might get grief from using a dead SIM card from at&t but hey i was desperate and it kinda worked SO plz help!

Thanks

Not sure what u think an "old SIM" could do for u.
    In order to activate with an AT&T SIM - the SIM must be tied to a valid phone plan.
    And even if you do activate the phone with AT&T it WILL NOT work with T-Mobile.

If on a PC I suggest you get hold of redsn0w 0.8 and unlock. If you have a 3G or 3GS ultrasn0w is needed.

iClarified has a good overview iClarified - iPhone - How to Select an iPhone Unlock/Jailbreak Tutorial
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Ok. Well first off thanks replying to my question. :-) so I'm a little confused by your statement "And even if you do activate the phone with AT&T it WILL NOT work with T-Mobile." do u mean the push notification won't work?

I'm on 3.0.1 and have push notifications working.

I simply got a AT&T Sim Card, it has a number on it but not in service.
    And I just restored with iTunes to 3.0.1
    Jailbroke with redsn0w 0.8
    opened up cydia and put in the ultrasn0w repo
    download ultrasn0w
    rebooted the phone, and while the phone was rebooting I took out the AT&T sim card and put in my T-Mobile Sim card and Push is working great.