Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Give up 5.99 tzones for smartphone data?

Default Give up 5.99 tzones for smartphone data?
    Is there any difference from tzones data and smartphone data?
    Because I'm thinking about getting the 19.99 unlimited smartphone data
    and text. I hesistant to switch because i feel that possibly the service won't work (or won't be as good) on my phone and I wont be able to switch back to tzones.
    Please give me Info, advice (pros & cons)
    thanks

to my knowledge there is not difference. i'm hearing that the Mytouch and official T-moble phone "Must" have smartphone data plan. They know by the IMEI.

when i had the smartphone plan a few weeks ago from that web2go outage the speed and rate was no different.

one CSR said each phone must have it's correct data plan which is BS but i'm sure that's what they were told.

Now Texting i don't know. sorry.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can simply add unlimited texting for 9.99. That package is basically 9.99 data+9.99 text which is what I have. It is not a smartphone plan (that is what I had before which costs 34.99 not 19.99). If you want to do that you will pay 19.99 instead of 15.99. Which one looks better to you web2go 9.99=same thing as tzones 5.99. The only reason why I don't have it is because I'm too lazy to persuade tmobile to let me have tzones. Keep the good thing that you have! Also the smartphone data plan is supposed to be "the same" as 9.99 web2go/tzones 5.99 but since I got web2go my data speed increased significantly (3-5 seconds only slower than my wifi; I'm serious!) Just FYI.

I would never under any circumstances cancel my T-Zones for any other data plan on iPhone. All of the dataplans are the exact same speed (unless you are using a T-Mobile phone that supports 3G, NOT the iPhone), and T-Zones is flat-out the cheapest.