Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No sertvice after JB and unlocked ver 3.1

My iPhone is a Part of Me vietkool's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No sertvice after JB and unlocked ver 3.1
    After an accident upgrade my 3g iphone to 3.1, I have read one the post in here and followed the guide to down grade to 3.0 then JB the iphone with 3.0 and restored with the custom 3.1, everything went thru fine and I sucessfully JB the phone. Added the ultrasnow url from cydia and installed the ultrasnow to unlock the phone. but when the device reboot, I have searching ... for awhile then it display NO Service ...
    I did reset the Network, turn oFF the 3G, place my SIM to a tmobile phone and make few calls then put back to the iphone but no luck for the unlock. Please help

thanks

With 3.1 you updated the baseband and it can't be unlocked

Lovely

Not

Thanks

I read some thread in here ppl can unlocked and they have signal and edge but the logo T-Mobile not display as I understand correctly.
    Now you saying 3.1 can't not be unlocked now

Quote Originally Posted by vietkool View Post
    I read some thread in here ppl can unlocked and they have signal and edge but the logo T-Mobile not display as I understand correctly.
    Now you saying 3.1 can't not be unlocked now
    Because you updated through iTunes you can't unlock your iPhone. If you didn't update your phone, and did a restore with a custom firmware you would be able to jailbreak and unlock OS 3.1.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

hmmm.. so I have to wait for the unlocked 3.1. I wonder when it will be available... Now I am using one of 1900s dam old phone ... I hate it

It's not that simple. Your baseband is permanently updated. 3.1 for iPhone 3G's has been jailbroken but the new baseband has not been unlocked and it is unknown if it will ever be unlocked. Read about it here

Dev-Team Blog

Lovely

Not

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

chessyang (09-22-2009), tmile77 (09-22-2009)

Thanks

dam.. .meaning i am dead in the water now... using IPhone just for playing music

Thank you GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL for the good description.

I did the same mistake vietkool did, upgrading to 3.1 over iTunes, and spent the last day trying to find a solution because of million of people claiming that they know how to do it.

Your description makes it clear that there is currently no way of fixing this (unlocking the iPhone after iTunes 3.1 upgrade).

Could you plese post if the fix for this poblem is found.

Thank you once more

upgrading a 3gs to 3.1 could have been the most expensive mistake you've made all year...
    700 dollar iPod touch now...
    the dev team MOST LIKELY will never release a 3.1 unlock... maybe its time to start looking for turbosims compatible with 3.1?
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

tmile77 (09-22-2009)

I'm quite new at this. Could you explain what turbosims are?

It a hardware thing. It goes over the sim to trick the phone to see the sim ( in the US as At&t) as a normal carrier sim.
    Last edited by chessyang; 09-22-2009 at 08:34 PM. Reason: was on the iphone typing

Best way to keep up with any info is the main page here or checking on the dev teams website. All of us here are more than willing to offer help but we also get the same info from here and there. I have the main page as one of my daily sites to check and then hit the forums.

iPhonePwn Downgrade Baseband 05.11.07
    un confirmed downgrading of baseband

Quote Originally Posted by jbidtah View Post
    iPhonePwn Downgrade Baseband 05.11.07
    un confirmed downgrading of baseband
    this will only work if you have a certain (rather rare) bootloader... but it is worth giving it a try to see if it works for you. You could have upgraded to 3.1 and jailbroken via pwnagetool and kept your current ultrasn0w unlock because when you do it with pwnage tool you can choose to not upgrade the baseband. Hopefully devteam updates ultrasn0w to work with 3.1 baseband.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ticko For This Useful Post:

tmile77 (09-23-2009)

Tried it. I have 6.22 bootloader so no luck there.