Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile iPhone on At&t?

Default T-Mobile iPhone on At&t?
    So I got an unlocked iPhone and signed it up for a T-Mobile FlexPay account. I took it home this afternoon, and I noticed that in addition to the T-Mobile network, my iPhone was also picking up the AT&T network. If I leave the phone on automatic detection, it seems to alternate between the two (obviously picking the strongest one). I can receive calls and send texts on either, it would seem.
    So what in the world is going on here?! :S Am I roaming? Does T-Mobile have some kind of partnership with At&t in my area (Central Arkansas)? I'd like to know, because sometimes At&t's network is a lot stronger and using it would be awesome, but I don't want to rack my bill up. Any thoughts?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    how do u know when ur on att? does it say it in the upper left corner?

Thanks

Why not call T-Mobile and ask.
    They do not mind what phone you are using - they want you as a customer.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

Roaming is free on the T-Mobile network

Lovely

Not

Yeah that happens if you are in between T-Mobile service and AT&T service that can roam on T-Mobile.

It says in the corner, and I can find it if I do a search for available cellular networks. Having used it for a couple hours, I can say that no matter which network it grabs, my account acts the same. This is weird, but not entirely unpleasant. . . :P

Sweet! So this won't be something that will just disappear? I believe I'm on the border between both services, so roaming would make sense. That's fantastic, though!

Please only start 1 thread per topic... Thanks

Sorry! I meant to delete the other, but completely forgot! Many apologies!

Thats cool.... but you can't delete thread only mods can next time just report the thread and we'll take care of it

Oh! :P Well thank you, then!

both of your threads had posts, so I merged them together cheers and welcome to MMi