+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Who has web2go?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I have had the 24.99 smartphone plan on my two lines for a year now and am getting too stressed about paying $50 a month for net. $20 sounds
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Default Who has web2go?
    So I have had the 24.99 smartphone plan on my two lines for a year now and am getting too stressed about paying $50 a month for net. $20 sounds darn good to me now! So I went online to chat with an agent (my web wasn't working) and decided to ask if I can change my plan to web2go 9.99 for both lines. I heard that some reps don't care so I said I have an iPhone when he asked. Bring a stubborn meanie that he was he said only smartphone plan for the iPhone. Then I said I have a few friends (not just 1) who have web2go working fine on their iPhones. He then said "I'm very sorry but they shouldn't have that on their iPhones."

As you can see that didn't go well. My cycle ends on the 19th and I need help quick cuz that's my only chance of getting it changed soon. I already scheduled a cancellation of the smartphone data plans so I won't have web if I can't get this working (and I don't wanna go back to the smartphone plan!) btw I am on flexpay.

My question is, how did all of you web2go users get your way and got tmo to add it? I know the online way (Razr and add service) but I don't know exactly what to do for that. Any help? Anybody call up tmo and get it done? If so what did you say? I read some people lied and said something like oh I have a razr but I left it at home (pretendig they can't access the s/n). Does that work or will some of them say call us back when you get home (awkward!!) I would like to hear ANY and ALL web2go users' success stories and the process you went about getting it done. Thanks in advance guys. I encourage ALL web2go users to post!

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Get yourself an IMEI for a T-Mobile RAZR and try it that way. - However lately people have been saying that web2go hasn't been working for them so if it isn't, they might be blocking new subscribers with iPhones/other phones than dumbphones etc.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Huh.. That's odd. Wonder if I should just keep paying the $50

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

read this post by me:
    tmobile unlimited web $9.99 plan and iphone?

just be upfront and frank with them. seriously.

"From the TMOBILE website, I clicked on other phones, and it says RIGHT in front of my face there is unlimited web2go text/internet plan for $19.99".

You have to be frank and argue with them. They are just trying to make money. They know it works, but trying to scare you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have web2go 5.99/month

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I have the web2go internet feature and it was working fine (I have the correct internet settings and had been using the internet for the last month).But for somedays I have full connection bars to GPRS/EDGE, but it is not working.It just displays a page stating, "Subscription upgrade required".
    Pls help...
    mod/edit links removed

Thanks

I have it,all i did was ask them for it and they gave me it,tho the lady try to tell me it would not work i told her just add it.i have no issues with it and it works great

Thanks

My GF has the same phone as me (3G 16GB), and was also on the G1 plan. I told her to call TMOBILE from a house phone, told the rep she sold her G1, currently using Samsung T429 and that she wants the 19.99 web2go unl text/internet. Rep changed it with no hesitation and no bickering. Tested phone, restarted network settings, etc etc. Everything works great and actually speeds are FASTER like I stated in my post. :-D Hope this helps or gives some insight to people who are POST PAID with an active contract iPhone users.

Thanks

@anniex423 therebis thread on how people got it added. I think it was started by MREY If you got Tzones added share here how you did it
    any who yes it does matter on the rep and imei. To sum up experance it took 5 tries over 7 days to get tzones add. All in all use the excuse "doesent this month have a free web2go promo??"

check out that thread and Good luck.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

what you need to do is to get a motorola razr/motorola krzr/ or any other phone that uses the regular web2go, and get the 9.99 plan. or if you cant get one or two from a friend, call them and tell then you want the internet for the razr and they will tell you that you have the iphone, tell them that you sold it and bought the razr....

i lied and told them i sold the phone...and i am saving myself $48/mo because it's my iphone and my bother's iphone. yes too...

Thanks

Thanks that's what I planned to do too. I haven't paid the bill yet but when I do I'm gonna call and do just that (tell them I hate my iPhone and got
    a razr lol)

Thanks

They will almost 95% of the time ask for an IMEI. If you don't have one go to Target and get a Nokia (19.99) use the IMEI and return it.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Lol I'm not gonna spend extra money to get a useless phone just for the IMEI. The reason why I'm downgrading the plan in the first place is to save money haha. Thanks for the tip tho. I just plan on telling them I ordered the razr online and don't have it on me right now but I want the plan ready to be used when it arrives.

Thanks

I said return it

Lovely

Not

Thanks

I'll post the results if my lie when I get it done :P

Can you return it??? I thought once opened you can't?
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-20-2009 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No it doesn't matter, they have to take it back

Lovely

Not

Thanks

That's a really good plan then! Unfortunately even $20 I don't have to spend on temporarily buying it. Just paid rent and bills :P I can't starve myself haha. But yeah I'm gonna go with the plan A first. But if that doesn't go well I guess I'll try plan B

Now if I can just figure out how to hit the thanks button from the iPhone version of mmi
    Last edited by i.Annie; 09-20-2009 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yeah just having it will make your life a little easier but if you can't get it depending on the rep.. arm wrestling them is free.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

talked to a chat agent and he said no those users are not supposed to have that plan on their iPhones. Called and asked to add web2go 9.99 on my "razr that I just bought online that I haven't received" and he told me I had to call back when I got the phone.

I got pissed went online change my phone to razr and no option to get web2go. Got more pissed off. Then changed phone to random Nokia candy bar style phone and successfully added the service. Lol pissed off for a long time but totally worth it now. Yay, web2go 9.99 working 100% for me now! Thx for all the inputs guys.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    talked to a chat agent and he said no those users are not supposed to have that plan on their iPhones. Called and asked to add web2go 9.99 on my "razr that I just bought online that I haven't received" and he told me I had to call back when I got the phone.

I got pissed went online change my phone to razr and no option to get web2go. Got more pissed off. Then changed phone to random Nokia candy bar style phone and successfully added the service. Lol pissed off for a long time but totally worth it now. Yay, web2go 9.99 working 100% for me now! Thx for all the inputs guys.
    I have a imei number on a t-mobile phone that I don't use. I will pm you now.