+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Not getting Texts/Calls right away

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I recently got a 4gb iPhone 2G and have it unlocked with tmobile with the 19.99 web/msg plan. I love this thing, but for some reason I am having some
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Not getting Texts/Calls right away
    I recently got a 4gb iPhone 2G and have it unlocked with tmobile with the 19.99 web/msg plan. I love this thing, but for some reason I am having some problems. First off, my wifi is not detecting anything (it did once while charging and stayed on for a while during the night but went away next time i tried).

The main problem right now though, I am not getting my texts or calls right away. If I press the home button there might be a missed call or text. If I go into the message app there might be some more that just pop up. It seems like I only get these things when I actually go into my phone.

Had no problems with my sony ericsson TM506.

HELP!

Thanks

Web i don't think works on the iPhone with T-Mobile (Maybe im wrong, i dont think the data plan does). As for your wifi issue, it's a common issue that I faced with my old iPhone 8GB. There's not really much I was able to cover at that time (Thus methods back with 1.1.4 and early 2.0 were ALOT different than they are now). For your calling issue, That's just a bit strange. Try a restore to 2.2.1 maybe, See what you get.
    iPhone 4 16GB Jailbroken/Unlocked for T-Mobile USA with all the bells and whistles.

If I helped solve your problem, Press "Thanks!" for me ^^

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's strange because it seems like the phone is retreiving my calls and texts from the network fine, but it is only showing them to me when my phone is not idle.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Data isn't the problem, especially on a 2G. Sounds like an issue with your iPhone

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Data isn't the problem, especially on a 2G. Sounds like an issue with your iPhone
    yea the data is working fine. i tried a restore and re unlock and still the same thing. its weird because it works fine if i am on the iphone doing something else. like if i am lookin through songs, a text or call will pop up fine, but if i let the screen go idle and black, then half the time i wont see the call or text until i press the home button and see that i have missed calls or texts.

Thanks

Well, no matter what, missed calls should NEVER show up unless the phone actually rings. As for the text thing, I noticed if you receive a text while respringing, the number badge will show on the icon, but you will not receive a popup.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Well, no matter what, missed calls should NEVER show up unless the phone actually rings. As for the text thing, I noticed if you receive a text while respringing, the number badge will show on the icon, but you will not receive a popup.
    i guess thats where my problem lays. the phone isnt ringing or showing anyone calling or texting, then i go to check and it shows missed calls and texts on the screen.

to me, it sounds like a software problem. but i'm new to the iphone scene so i really dont know what to do.

Thanks

Yeah, honestly I've never heard of that happening before. I know **** can go haywire if you corrupt your MobilePhone.app, but with you being "new on the scene" i doubt that you have tried that.

So let me get this straight--if your phone is locked when you get a call, the phone doesn't ring? But if unlocked, it does ring?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Yeah, honestly I've never heard of that happening before. I know **** can go haywire if you corrupt your MobilePhone.app, but with you being "new on the scene" i doubt that you have tried that.

So let me get this straight--if your phone is locked when you get a call, the phone doesn't ring? But if unlocked, it does ring?
    yep exactly. There are few times when it will ring when locked, but its usually right after i have used it. i just cant figure it out.

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

I had this same problem except my calls would not come through hardly at all. Go to settings\mail,contacts,calendars and where it says FETCH NEW DATA turn it OFF. Let me know if this helps.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

One more thing that might help. Periodically (maybe 2x/yr) I call T-Mo customer and check/verify the # of rings before transfer to voicemail. They like to set it to 3 or 4. Max is 6. AND that their count!! My phone never rings their count (haha).