+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile unlimited web $9.99 plan and iphone?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hey guys im running 3.0 on my iphone 3G, i have tmonkey and i have the $9.99 unlimited web plan. I have tried every apn on the web and nothing
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default tmobile unlimited web $9.99 plan and iphone?
    hey guys
    im running 3.0 on my iphone 3G, i have tmonkey and i have the $9.99 unlimited web plan. I have tried every apn on the web and nothing has worked. Does anyone have a proven way of connecting or is it a dead issue?
    just want to know because my data plan is free for 30 days and i want to cancel if it is FOR SURE not going to work
    thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

That's weird. Maybe they're blocking all new iPhoners on that plan? I have the 19.99 web2go data/msging and it still works..

Chances are if it's not working within a day of it being added on that it will never work. You might be SOL and have to pay for the 24.99 web.

Lovely

Not

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

itsmejdn (09-17-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

i got the same 9.99 web plan and mine works fine

Thanks

=[ sames happening wit me i got the family plan with 9.99 web2go.. it works fine on a blackberry now that i messed aroudn with it.. but when i try on my iphone 3g it dont work.. internet2 seems to lead me to cellular data connection.. and epc tells me i need to upgrade.. =\

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thug2md View Post
    hey guys
    im running 3.0 on my iphone 3G, i have tmonkey and i have the $9.99 unlimited web plan. I have tried every apn on the web and nothing has worked. Does anyone have a proven way of connecting or is it a dead issue?
    just want to know because my data plan is free for 30 days and i want to cancel if it is FOR SURE not going to work
    thanks
    wow. so i read this thread and it made me go to the tmobile website. currently, i was using the G1 plan for my iphone 3G. i paid 34.99 a month for unlimited text n ineternet.

browsed to this thread, went to the tmobile website. i saw that it had 19.99 unlimited text + web for otherphone or smartphones.

i called up tmobile. asked them to verify what plan i was using. the rep said, you are currently on the g1 plan for 35$ with unl text n email. i said, alright. can you remove that off my plan and add unlimited web2go internet and text?

after 30 mins of arguing, and him telling me "i guarantee it wont work. you will only get text with that plan."

i politely said,"ok, can you do it anyways and if it doesnt work, ill call back?"

he goes, "well why dont you get the 14.99 text and the 9.99 web"

i go, "no thanks. add what i want please."

so finally, he goes "fine."

switched my plan to 19.99 unlimited web2go 2 w/ unlimited texting.

and guess what...

after 2 phone cycles, same settings as my g1. it works. also called back to make sure the rep added the correct plan and was still active. i just saved $15 a month. thanks modmyi!

Thanks

^ Yes well the problem only seems to be with new subscribers to this plan.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    ^ Yes well the problem only seems to be with new subscribers to this plan.
    must be. i even got an email from you, quick push email too. thanks for mentioning about the plan. i owe you one, GIRRRRLLLLLLLLLL.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to itsmejdn For This Useful Post:

GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (09-17-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I had 3G Unrestrictor on my 2G iPhone (3.1 jb & unlock yay!) and had a $9.99 unlimited web plan, would it still cost me the fee of $0.01 per kilobyte for data being used by 3G Unrestrictor? Technically, it is a "web" plan, and using data can be under the category, "web". Right..?

Thanks

What? Web2go is just a name for their data plans. ALL Data is unlimited. Goodluck getting it to work however.. I haven't heard of much success lately.

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so does all this mean that "new subscribers" to the unlimited $9.99 plan cannot use the web??

what are the settings under data networks are you guys using that enable you to use the 9.99 plan???

please let me know

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just added the unlimited 9.99 plan on two lines yesterday.

using same internet2.voicestream

make sure and have sbsetting and enable edge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by geetee03 View Post
    just added the unlimited 9.99 plan on two lines yesterday.

using same internet2.voicestream

make sure and have sbsetting and enable edge.
    you got it to work with internet2.voicestream.com? ive been trying to and it still doesnt work. i even restored my phone and tried phone settings to tmobile shadow and razr.. web2go seems to work on my bb 8320 but not the iphone..hmmmmm....

Thanks

I am on the web2go unlimited text + internet:

apn: epc.tmobile.com

Its actually faster than my g1 plan for some odd reason, using the same settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey jus got iphone 3g, with tmobile and no internet.... so i gots a really cool phone that cant do anything cool lol. so wat internet plan works with the iphone??? cuz ther is some mixed opinions in this thread. thank you for you help!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by impulse248 View Post
    hey jus got iphone 3g, with tmobile and no internet.... so i gots a really cool phone that cant do anything cool lol. so wat internet plan works with the iphone??? cuz ther is some mixed opinions in this thread. thank you for you help!!!
    You should read before posting. There are plenty of useful threads if you just take the time to look at this part of the forum. Yes, it's really cool. What internet plan works? I'll help you out since you only have a few posts made. Well if you read from the top to the bottom of this particular thread, you would see that the web2go works fine.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey thanks a lot!! even tho u typed more about unwanted/needed info thanks for the help

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hey geetee

sorry to sound like a retard, but you said enable edge and check my sbssettings???

ummmm...... what?

As far as i know, i have edge on because i see the E on the screen near my bars.
    can someone please breakdown how to plug in the settings so that i can get this unlimited internet to work... please assume im the dumbest person on this forum and you need to break it down step by step

thank you !!!!

Thanks

@thug2md bro were all here to help. It's the fact that ever other day anouther thread pops ups asking for these setting. I'm sure if look around these threads you will find the Ansewer that was already ansewered.

I'll try (later on a PC not this iPhone ) to get ya some SS or links but in mean time look around.

Thanks

ok hope this helps. a bit tired this weekend.

go to your setting and follow the screen shots. i'll edit them if needed.

the APN are
    wap.voicestream.com ----- 5.99 tzones
    internet2.voicestream.com -- web2go/smartphone data plan
    internet3.voicestream.com -- web2go/smartphone data plan
    epic.voicestream.com -- ??? if none of the above work

after you check your APN just TAP "network" to go back.

please note each screen shot is in "step" order so check each step. after step 4 just RESET your phone. to reset your phone hold the Home + top button for 5 seconds and "slide to power off". Turn it back on.

Links for more reading
    from the official t-mobile site How to Configure Iphone Internet to Work on T-mobile - Non T-Mobile® Devices - T-Mobile Forums there offical steps they cut and past in chats if you ask them or say over the phone.

how to do MMS
    Enable MMS for T-Mobile on 3.0

Good luck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tmobile unlimited web .99 plan and iphone?-step1.png   tmobile unlimited web .99 plan and iphone?-step2.png   tmobile unlimited web .99 plan and iphone?-step3.png   tmobile unlimited web .99 plan and iphone?-step4a.png   tmobile unlimited web .99 plan and iphone?-step4b.png  
    Last edited by chessyang; 09-20-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Are You Not Entertained! Are You Not Entertained! Is this not why you are HERE!!!!"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks BRO

That is exactly what i needed

internet2.voicestream.com -- web2go/smartphone data plan works perfect.

Please remember to turn airplane mode on for 2 minutes and then back off and you are all set,

This works on 3G 3.1.3 for sure.