Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: T-mo internet settings?is a discussion within the
T-mobileforums, a part of the
09-14-2009, 12:52 PM #1T-mo internet settings?
Hello, I have a 3g unlocked on 3.0.1 and am trying to get the internet settings programmed into the phone. Below is a copy of the e-mail from T-mobile with instructions on how to set this up.
1. From the Main Menu, tap Settings.
2. Verify that Wi-Fi is set to Off or Disabled -- this will ensure that no wi-fi signals are interfering with your Internet access. To take advantage of local wi-fi at a later time, feel free to go back and turn this setting On; just make sure to turn it Off again when you are done using the wi-fi network.
3. Tap General Settings, then tap Network.
4. Turn Data Roaming On -- this will allow your iPhone to locate T-Mobile’s data network.
5. If you see a setting for 3G, turn it Off -- the iPhone cannot currently connect to T-Mobile’s 3G network, and this setting will interfere with its attempt to connect to our EDGE network for service.
6. Tap Cellular Data Network (this setting may be labeled EDGE instead).
7. In the APN field, enter internet2.voicestream.com -- this tells T-Mobile which version of our Internet network you want to connect to.
8. Leave the Username and Password fields blank -- T-Mobile will assign this information based on your SIM card information.
9. Return to the Main Menu and open Safari to browse the Internet.
My problem is that there is no menu for Cellular Data Network to enter in the required information. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction? Thanks for any help,artman.
09-14-2009, 01:23 PM #2
settings > general > network >cellular data network .. if not then i ha ve no idea :X
09-14-2009, 01:26 PM #3
There is no cellular data network option under network, thanks
09-14-2009, 01:41 PM #4
try downloading one of spookyET's tmobile carrier
09-17-2009, 12:28 AM #5
or if you have cydia installed you can download the fix from there. I forget what it is under but just search for t mobile carrier settings or something like that. Hope this helps
09-18-2009, 11:43 AM #6
@ ctangg- I have been facing the same problem.And I have found this thread and tried to download spookyET's tmobile carrier.But I got nothing.
Can you help me with something else??mod/edit links removed
09-20-2009, 07:12 AM #7
Welcome and it works
09-20-2009, 10:54 AM #8
@artman: Did u get the Internet working? Aka 'get Cellular Data Network' to show?
If not, I had the same issue when I 1st jb'd my 3G. Don't know what the problem was, but I redid the whole restore/jb process again, and it showed up. Very strange but true.
09-20-2009, 09:12 PM #9
The latest version of SpookyET's carrier bundle should restore the data setting options http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...er-bundle.html make sure you properly mod your itunes as described in the post to upload these or it won't work correctly. Those of you running into the upgrade site problem can resolve this in one of two ways. 1) upgrade to a G1 data plan or 2) take the sim out of your iphone and put it into one that uses the data plan you have. After it's activated there place it back into the iphone. Beware, if you do this second method you will have data until your phone switches towers and it sends the IMEI back to tmobile. There may be a hack to get around this, but I am presently unaware of it.