+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you bypass to get web2g0 $19.99????

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Okay, my sidekick is trash right now so I went back on my iphone but obviously the internet doesn't work. I think the $34.99 (web2go) is a ridiculous price so
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Can you bypass to get web2g0 $19.99????
    Okay, my sidekick is trash right now so I went back on my iphone but obviously the internet doesn't work.

I think the $34.99 (web2go) is a ridiculous price so I was wondering if it's possible that I can get the $19.99 and can they find out if I'm using the iPhone or not?

I rather do this through the chat support online then on the phone.

I just want to know if anyone is having issues with the $19.99 plan and if you don't what phone should I say I have? I keep seeing something about they can find your IMEI which blocks your internet.

Basically my fear is getting the $19.99 and then it won't work.

and if I happen to do get the $19.99 is there a bandwidth limit? for example would they find out that I use a lot of internet usage and start to over charge me? (I'm assuming it's suppose to be unlimited though?)

Thanks.

Thanks

1 - You! are the customer. You! decide.
    2 - You can use ANY plan with ANY phone.
    3 - The data plan prices for 2G/3G/3GS Available Data Rate Plans | AT&T wireless services
    4 - If need be just tell them, a white lie, that you bought an unlocked iPhone in Hong Kong (it is a MYTH that AT&T does not allow any phone up on their network.
    5 - If you opt for a plan WITHOUT DATA PLAN - Make sure to request DATA block. (YES!! They will do that. Nothing AT&T advertizes though)
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hmm, not sure if we are on the same page here, I was talking about T-mobile.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dnbull

it looks like you need text plan also?

I'm on the tzones plan and it's pretty reliable. Before this I had the web2go and really both have the same coverage. As for texting I do not text. And your on edge so the speed is decend. Complain all we want but edge is edge.

At work I stream pandora for 8 hours non stop, well I do stop for lunch. But I haven't been d/c or "banned".

I thing , this month or so you can get web2go for free for one month or per the billing cycle. Double check your account or a csr at tmobile.

Over all bro just get it. I'm on it now and don't regret it. Speed sucks for YouTube but maps, rss, gmail all work great.

Good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chessyang View Post
    Dnbull

it looks like you need text plan also?

I'm on the tzones plan and it's pretty reliable. Before this I had the web2go and really both have the same coverage. As for texting I do not text. And your on edge so the speed is decend. Complain all we want but edge is edge.

At work I stream pandora for 8 hours non stop, well I do stop for lunch. But I haven't been d/c or "banned".

I thing , this month or so you can get web2go for free for one month or per the billing cycle. Double check your account or a csr at tmobile.

Over all bro just get it. I'm on it now and don't regret it. Speed sucks for YouTube but maps, rss, gmail all work great.

Good luck
    Yes I text a whole lot. The think is when I tried to get the $19.99 plan they said they can't because the iphone is a "smartphone" which requires the $34.99 plan. I notice people here bypass that though and I was wondering how and if it works because I also here they track down your IMEI which tells them your using a smartphone meaning I won't access the internet.

I thought t-zones wasn't able to be added on though? how much is t-zones and how much would unlimited messages be with that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok, let me clear up a few things.

The 34.99 is not a web2go plan. It's a smartphone plan.

The only way to avoid having to be on the smartphone plan in the mean time is to call them and tell them you're getting a different phone and that you only need web2go web service. You must have a T-Mobile dumbphone IMEI inorder for most reps to add web2go on.

Lovely

Not

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Dnbull

ya what grilllllll said. I was able to add the tzones because I have an old razor for 2001 or when ever. But I gave them that imei number.

I guess that what your asking as in bypass. You can try changing the phone at mytmobile.com or say "I'm getting another phone that will be using the web2go later but please add the service web2go to the account."

good luck

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well I don't have any other phone to get the IMEI.

and they consider the $34.99 plan as a "web2go" plan according to the website.

lately I was thinking about switching new phones but it seems like they all charge $34.99 like blackberrys, sidekicks, etc.