+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T Roaming working anywhere?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know I read that T-Mobile stopped their roaming agreement with AT&T in some markets, but wondering if this has happened everywhere? I was traveling in Iowa yesterday, and could
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default AT&T Roaming working anywhere?
    I know I read that T-Mobile stopped their roaming agreement with AT&T in some markets, but wondering if this has happened everywhere?

I was traveling in Iowa yesterday, and could see AT&T as an option, but could not connect.

Anyone having any luck roaming on AT&T?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You know actually i almost always have AT&T as a option but about 3 months ago i took a trip from NC to IL and i was roaming on AT&T for about 90% of the time.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There's lots of places that lost AT&T roaming due to oversaturation (i.e. both carriers having good coverage, so allowing roaming just allows AT&T to get more roaming revenue) and other issues (negation of existing agreements with acquired carriers, tweaking of carriers' LACs in the area, etc).
    Of the places I've been to in the past year (Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, NM), only one instance has both T-Mobile and AT&T networks been active and I have been allowed to connect to either one, and that is on the highways away from major cities.

So, if you can find places that allow for in-market roaming, that's great. Just don't expect that to be the case in the future.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bellbm View Post
    I know I read that T-Mobile stopped their roaming agreement with AT&T in some markets, but wondering if this has happened everywhere?

I was traveling in Iowa yesterday, and could see AT&T as an option, but could not connect.

Anyone having any luck roaming on AT&T?
    Nope. My guess is in the major or even smaller areas where they have their own sufficient coverage now, they stopped their roaming deals with AT&T. Now it's just for when they don't have coverage out on the road like post #2.

Lovely

Not

Green Apple
    Thanks

AT&T shows up in my list of carriers, but I'm not able to connect either