+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone / tmobile sim question

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have my tmobile sim card in my jailbroken iphone,,and everything is fine,,but i had blackberry pkg with tmobile before. My question is now that i have the tmobile sim
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone / tmobile sim question
    i have my tmobile sim card in my jailbroken iphone,,and everything is fine,,but i had blackberry pkg with tmobile before.

My question is now that i have the tmobile sim in my iphone,,what do i say to tmobile in order to get the internet pckg updated,,because obviously the blackberry was different than the iphone server

will tmobile give me crap for putting sim into iphone,or will they just change the internet pckg?

thank you for your time

Thanks

Just talk to them - they are just very happy to get a ne customer.
    If ever need be, drop a white lie and say you bought an unlocked iPhone on yr last visit to HongKong.....but I doubt they will ask...

Not sure you even have to doi ANYTHING ... a Blackberry is normally on an unlimited plan anyways

does it not work if you just drop the SIM in the iPhone??
    Last edited by sursture; 09-03-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for getting back to me. Yes i have the blackberry sim card in my iphone,,and everything works fine,EXCEPT when im not near wifi,,then it says i need cellular data package,,so thats why i was wondering if tmobile would do anything. I was told by salesman that iphone data package is different than the blackberry package,so thats why i need to know what to tell tmobile.

also with the blackberry tmobile plan i had my fave 5,,but on the iphone there is no icon for it,,am i still getting unlimited through tmobile,,even though i switched phones.

thanks again
    Last edited by bldblu; 09-03-2009 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

T Mo doesn't care what phone you have, in fact the have a smart phone help desk for iPhone and other users if they have problems. Be honest with them and they will set you up with what is needed. Even assist with APN settings if needed.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

BLKCADI

Thanks for that info,,but im still confused on the fave 5 that i had purchased with the blackberry,,and i imagine the flexpay was on that sim card,,so now that i have that sim card in my iphone,,am i still recieving unlimited to my fave 5,,even though i dont see fave 5 icon on the iphone,,because ive used about 180 minutes talking to my fave 5 people,,and if iphone is not recognizing that,,then i only have about 120 minutes left.

I purchased 300 whenever minutes,,along with unlimited to fave 5

thanks for any info you can share

Thanks
    Thanked 9,491 Times in 5,833 Posts

You won't see a fav five but you still can use the program as the numbers are recognized by T Mo. I would call them and ask or perhaps someone else may have you answer.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

bldblu (09-03-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default T-Mobile SIM Not Recognized!
    I have upgraded my unlocked 3G from 3.0 to 3.0.1 and now the SIM is no longer being recognized. I have tried restoring to 3.0 and also repeated the unlock process with redsn0ow 0.8 several times. PLEASE HELP!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    I have upgraded my unlocked 3G from 3.0 to 3.0.1 and now the SIM is no longer being recognized. I have tried restoring to 3.0 and also repeated the unlock process with redsn0ow 0.8 several times. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Use Ultrasn0w after the jailbreak and your set, that is the unlock.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to scariola For This Useful Post:

drummerboy (09-07-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks! Everything is working great!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bldblu View Post
    thanks for getting back to me. Yes i have the blackberry sim card in my iphone,,and everything works fine,EXCEPT when im not near wifi,,then it says i need cellular data package,,so thats why i was wondering if tmobile would do anything. I was told by salesman that iphone data package is different than the blackberry package,so thats why i need to know what to tell tmobile.

also with the blackberry tmobile plan i had my fave 5,,but on the iphone there is no icon for it,,am i still getting unlimited through tmobile,,even though i switched phones.

thanks again
    I also had a berry prior to my iPhone conversion I was on the enterprise plan when Icalled TMO I mentioned I was going to be switching back and forth with an iPhone and no longer wanted the Blackberry specific services they recomennded the 9.99 web 2 go plan at the time if yo are able to get it that will take care of your internet usage problem. I still recomend the carrier bundle frm CYDIA b/c it will take care of your APN settings, MMS nad tethering options for you. If you are able to get the TZONES added with that TZUNL599 that's an even better option it'll save you some money there it's just a pain to get it added for most people.
    Also adding onto blkcadi the myfaves is programmed on your my tmobile page so as long as you have those numbers in there it won't matter that the icon isn't on your phone as you can actually diable the myfaves display I did that on my RAZR. Log into my tmobile and it will show your usage on the phone overall as well as on the myfaves. They'll try to tell you that you have to take the 24.99 plan but that is not necessarily true I would recomend using the website firs to see which plan suits you then just call in from a landline and make the change if you cannot make it online you may also want to change your phone to a non smartphone on mytmobile as that wil give you more options as far as services for yor phone do not lie about using an iPhone but do not say it is your only phone they're a little more open when you say it's one of your phones I've come to find.
    Later and Good Luck
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Tmobile SIM card not recognized
    I have the iphone 3g..with the 3.0.1 software..it has been jailbroken and unlocked AND i have turned off the att 3g network, yet when i insert my tmobile sim card it wont connect to the network at all..what is wrong. help please

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by looneytune15 View Post
    I have the iphone 3g..with the 3.0.1 software..it has been jailbroken and unlocked AND i have turned off the att 3g network, yet when i insert my tmobile sim card it wont connect to the network at all..what is wrong. help please
    Same problem happens to me. I turned off 3g unlocked with ultrasn0w, but still no success. I thibk it may be the base band b/c mine is 5.11.(something). I think thats the new baseband that can't connect to t-mobile until another unlock is made. I did update to 3.1 on accident. When I was restoring, it updated to 3.1 so that could be the problem.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

^ Yep. That's ur problem sure! No carrier unlock available for 3.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well That sucks. Guess I'll have to wait till 3.1 unlock if they are ever able to make 1.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,201 Times in 1,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by looneytune15 View Post
    Did you download a carrier bundle or manually type in a working APN setting?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scariola View Post
    Use Ultrasn0w after the jailbreak and your set, that is the unlock.
    What if that doesnt work? I have reimaged a few times. Re-jailbroken it a few times. I have noticed that with the installation of an app from Cydia takes my Calendars, Mail, Contacts menu away from the settings tab- But, idk why my phone will not work! It loops with No Sim and Searching. Im about to re-image it again today and see if it'll work without any type of cydia up date except ultrasnow.

Could really use some help on this one.
    Thanks.

:Edit:
    Ok, i just re-imaged, redsnow jailbroken, and installed Ultra snow. I have still not been prompted to accept the Gevey Screen. I know i just mentioned out what i did to jailbreak and unlock- but.. maybe im missing something? The only thing i can think of that i didnt mention, is that i also updated to the bigboss repos to DL the ultrasnow.
    BUT- luckily i still have my Mail, Contacts, etc from my settings tab :-)

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by SubCool; 09-19-2009 at 05:59 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Again, dump the Gevey sim