Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My 3GS speed test DL @ 10 kbs with the $9.99 plan.

Default My 3GS speed test DL @ 10 kbs with the $9.99 plan.
    I post last week about switching to T-Mobile and here I am . What I did was go on to MY T-MOBILE and activate the $9.99 unlimited web without talking to customer ser. I go into APN setting type in internet2.voicestream.com and it work but very slow around 10kbs DL .I tried epc.tmobile.com and it work but worst 0-5kbs, wpa.voicestream.com doesn't work.

Am I missing something here ,Do I have to call in and tell them what phone I have?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogieboo View Post
    I post last week about switching to T-Mobile and here I am . What I did was go on to MY T-MOBILE and activate the $9.99 unlimited web without talking to customer ser. I go into APN setting type in internet2.voicestream.com and it work but very slow around 10kbs DL .I tried epc.tmobile.com and it work but worst 0-5kbs, wpa.voicestream.com doesn't work.

Am I missing something here ,Do I have to call in and tell them what phone I have?
    No, you don't have to tell them what phone you have. If you did tell them they would most likely (try to) make you upgrade to the $19.99 or $29.99 package.

How many bars are you getting? If it's full reception using internet2 you should get in the high 100's.

I'd try a reset of your phone and if that doesn't work maybe reset your network settings.

For the signal bar around 1-2 ,I did reset the network .Around 100kbs is fine with me but 10kbs is useless.

the different i get between 3 bars and 5 bars is HUGE. i'd imagine if your only getting 1 or 2 bars, thats the reason.

Try the test outside, or somewhere where you have 5 bars.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    the different i get between 3 bars and 5 bars is HUGE. i'd imagine if your only getting 1 or 2 bars, thats the reason.

Try the test outside, or somewhere where you have 5 bars.
    +1.

If you only have 1-2 bars you aren't getting full reception which will hinder your internet speeds. Like he said, try outside or atleast somewhere where you get better reception and your speed should increase drastically.

Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm using internet2.voicestream.com and I also get speeds around 10 I will try restoring my phone when I get home and I will update this post with the result. Btw I have 5 bars and I'm using it at 3 in the morning.
    Last edited by grumpytreto; 09-17-2009 at 07:26 AM.

i just got 186 down and 76 up, 9.99/internet2

Whaaat I've been using epc for like a month now and max speeds are like 15kbs which is rare usually 10kbs.. I have iPhone 3g with tmobile flex pay 19.99 text and Internet...how are u guys getting such great speeds with edge???...is the Internet2 apn settings faster?? Also I never did a fresh restore after unlocking is this why?...also how do u do a fresh restore/install just backup with iTunes and hit restore?

Boogieboo did you have to have a call plan to sign for 9.99 unlimited web? If not can you describe the activation process?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elinks View Post
    Boogieboo did you have to have a call plan to sign for 9.99 unlimited web? If not can you describe the activation process?
    Well I went to T-Mobile Store and sign up for two phone with a Family plan and got a 2 free phone ,when I got home I went online to MyT-mobile.com sign up and activate the $9.99 Web plan.
    After that about 24 hours I switch the sim over to my iPhone and set up the APN and it work.

Hope this help.

I'm on my Bro Screen name if it's confuse you.
    Last edited by kevin36; 09-18-2009 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames2586 View Post
    Whaaat I've been using epc for like a month now and max speeds are like 15kbs which is rare usually 10kbs.. I have iPhone 3g with tmobile flex pay 19.99 text and Internet...how are u guys getting such great speeds with edge???...is the Internet2 apn settings faster?? Also I never did a fresh restore after unlocking is this why?...also how do u do a fresh restore/install just backup with iTunes and hit restore?
    +1

Well i restored and updated my phone to 3.1 and i still seem to only get around 15kbs. still using the internet2 apn cause the other ones redirect me to the upgrade to unlimited smartphone page. What are you guys using to test your connection speed?

Thanks

I got between 165kbps-171Kbps with that speed test on the iphone with edge.

On my 3GS edge with tzones 5.99 wap.voice...
    I get 149kbps with all 5 bars is this good?
    So lucky to have good reception in my room.

i dont think that test is very accurate cause it says i get 194kps but anytime i download anything with safari download they all cap at 15kps

Thanks
    the highest i've gotten on edge 132kbps on wap.voices*** with the tzones 5.99 plan

Are you sure you're on a Edge connection? If you're on Edge you should see a "E" next to your carrier logo.