+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to unlock to tmobile

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
okay this is the issue the iphone is 2g and fw is 3.0.1. the phone when it starts shows a small lock in the top middle of phone. we have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default how to unlock to tmobile
    okay this is the issue the iphone is 2g and fw is 3.0.1. the phone when it starts shows a small lock in the top middle of phone. we have already used redsnow we have a tmobile card thats activated but the tmobile guy said he couldnt unlock it to tmobile. so how do i get it to use tmobile service is there something i must do in cydia or anything i need help ive been working on this thing for weeks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,696 Times in 5,956 Posts

What method of jailbreak did you use? redsn0w? there should have been 2 bootloader files to use for the unlock.
    Windows or Mac?

Thanks

That "small lock" just means your touch screen is locked. slide the slider and the lock will go away.

As for unlocking the phone for t-mobile, there should've been an option in redsn0w but you can also unlock by bootneuter in cydia.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angiepangie View Post
    That "small lock" just means your touch screen is locked. slide the slider and the lock will go away.

As for unlocking the phone for t-mobile, there should've been an option in redsn0w but you can also unlock by bootneuter in cydia.
    so i understand bootneuter is in cydia but could u walk me through how to do this and get there.

Thanks

open Cydia search for bootneuter, install and reboot.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i opened cydia went to search but i didnt get anything when i typed it in. also must i have wifi conection for this stuff to be done

Thanks

well yeah in order to download from the interent you need to be connected to the internet did you jailbreak the phone yet? You should go to the forum I told you about earlier to go through the step by step instructions I thought it turned out your phone was not jailbroken or unlocked yet?
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Guys I am lil's Dad. I have been doing all the work on the phone. We have a 2G iphone. It has the 3.01 firmware. We used redsnow 8 to jailbreak and unlock it. It also had the two bootlogs in place during the process but something must be wrong with them as the phone is jailbroken but doesn't seem to be unlocked. It acted like it was unlocking it during the process but in the end it doesn't seem to be unlocked just jailbroken.

Thanks

So you are unable to make calls? Are you seeing the T Mobile carrier logo on the status bar?
    You make want to re-jailbreak with redsn0w, make sure you choose the option to unlock and use the bootloader files when asked.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just re-did that. I watched it closely and the bootloader showed it had sucsess. Both of the files did their thing then it came back up and said searching at the top corner then no service. We are kind of out of town though so I will take it in to work with me tomorrow and see if it comes to life. I have battled with this thing way too long.

Thanks

your not re-storing from a back-up are you? Setting it up as a New Phone right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am setting it up as a new phone. I am using the redsnow software and to watch it I would think it is going smooth as glass not a hitch. I downloaded the BL-39 and BL-46 files again to make sure they were working and did the process and as I said it all looks like it worked flawlessly but it shows no service at the top. It searched then showed no service. Maybe just too far from a tower right here. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.

Thanks

The thing is you would at least be roaming hmmm it interesting to say the least it is set to allow roaming correct just a thought I know I've had to do a few reboots with some downloads
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Green Apple
    Thanks

Go here: [ame=http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130625][Tutorial] iPhone Jailbreak/Unlock and General Info - iPod touch Fans forum[/ame]

and follow the steps for 2g.
    BOOBAH!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the tips and info guys we finnaly have it working on tmobile. man im syked