Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Circle at the bottom left of the icons

Default Circle at the bottom left of the icons
    Hi,

I have 3g with 3.0. Does anyone know why do I have the circle at the bottom left of the icons. Its not on all the icons but only 3 icons which are safari, phone and mail icons only. The circle is just like the circle when we use the internet and it appears on the top of the screen and bars in it revolve. But here its just the circle with the bars but the bars dont move.

I am so confused. They just appeared of a sudden. Does anyone what are these circle for?

Thanks
    Hapi

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Hapi-if you have backgrounder enabled then those apps with the circle are the ones that are running in the background.
    you can install SBSettings and that way you can force down any app you want.

Hope this helps.

beav

I have backgrounder installed but not enabled. So I am not sure why these applications are running in the background lolz. The ones I want to run dont run and the ones I want dont want to do run lolz.

What is SBSettings for? What does it do?

Thanks

SBSettings is a cydia app that will let you monitor your phones RAM speed quick access to wifi, 3G, Brightness, power etc... It gives you full control of what is running on your phone. I highly recommend it.

can it run ebuddy in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    It can run any process in the background from my understanding, but ebuddy itself has a timeout feature that
    will still log you out. The max timeout for ebuddy is 30 minutes.

Edit: Sorry, SBsettings doesn't actually run anything in the background. Barckgrounder is used for that. SBsettings lets your monitor what processes ARE running and lets you kill them if you choose.

Thanks

I dont know eBuddy, but SBSettings will allow you to force down any app that is running.

ok got it now. Just like "task manager"

So do you know any other IM service that can run in the background and never close just like we have in other phones. I mean whats the purpose of the IM when they shut down. They should be online all the time lolz!

ok got it now. Just like "task manager"

So do you know any other IM service that can run in the background and never close just like we have in other phones. I mean whats the purpose of the IM when they shut down. They should be online all the time lolz!
    Yes, exactly like Task Manager fof Windows.

LOL I've asked that same question myself. I personally haven't found any apps that do this so I'm very interested in that as well.

lolz Guess what?

I am selling my iphone. I bought it because I thought its a great piece of technology and there is a big hype about this phone all the time so there is no way i thought that it can not run applications in background lolz. Until I had it myself and came to know about it. lolz. And also there is no gmail application for it.
    SO my iPhone is gone. lolz no wonder its a nice piece of technology and has a nice GUI but it doesnt serve my purpose

I'm sorry to hear that. There aren't many issues that don't at least have a work around for the iPhone, but it's not a phone for everyone. Personally I'm a huge fan and look forward to upgrading to a newer model when I can afford it.

Actually I understand what he means by this error. I updated my backgrounder just now and on the bottom left of the icon I saw the same thing.

It's a new feature part of the backgrounder I believe (or at least if it was old it seems to have set it on by default via upgrade) and it's called "Badge".

This will list all the applications that are running in the background just so you are aware incase you forgot and it hogs up the memory.

The crappy thing is there are a few apps that always do run in the background...mainly the phone, email, and iPod.

Just go into the backgrounder icon, under preferences go to global, then set the badge off.

This will fix it for ya.

thanks i will try that. but i m still getting rid of iphone
    how else does it make better than blackberry besides touch and big screen.