Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

Default T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?
    I am currently under the $19.99 unlimited message and web.

using APN:
    internet2.voicestream.com

So it was around 11:00 PM here in Hawaii and edge is up but when I try to visit a website let's say modmyi.com i get an error that says:

"To connect to the Internet with the device you are using, you'll need a webConnect data plan."

url:
    wipcore.t-mobile.com/webconnect.html

Now I did search and and I came a across threads both here and on google dated aroungd mid July with people having the same problem. There were a mix of posts. Couple said their edge was down but came back after finding out it was just an outage. Then the rest of the posts were saying how T-Mobile are now blocking iPhone IMEI's and are requiring the more "expensive" data plans to continue having edge on their iPhones.

I'd like to know if they are really cracking down on iPhones using inappropriate data plans ($19.99 unlimited message and web in my case) because if I am a victim, I'd like to cancel so if anyone with the same plan is experiencing the same thing please share. Thanks.
    Last edited by jakkuza; 08-25-2009 at 05:13 AM.

Sounds like a bug because WebConnect is only for the data stick they sell. I just loaded the ModMyi front page with no problems.

Lovely

Not

I have the same problem. At around 11:30pm yesterday i sent an email about ten minutes later all my internet functions were gone. Now i am redirected to that wipcore.t-mobile site. I just went online an got rid of my 9.99 plan and changed it to the 9.99 unlimited web for the shawdow ( see if that helps). I am in california by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Sounds like a bug because WebConnect is only for the data stick they sell. I just loaded the ModMyi front page with no problems.
    hmmm... there maybe hope I'll get it back then but it could also mean it hasn't happened to you yet? I don't really know i'm gonna customer service chat with T-Mobile tomorrow to find out wtf is going on. I'm really hoping it's just some outage of some sort.

thanks for the reply.

same prob for me too. says i need a webconnect plan

I know the plan is "unlimited" but in 3 weeks i've downloaded over 300mb does T-mobile red flag the account or something?
    Last edited by emiliog87; 08-25-2009 at 06:39 AM.

tried this also on my old razr and it works as well but not on the iPhone.

I just got the same message with my Dash.

Same message since 5:00AM for me in Detroit.
    I have tried 3 different APN settings with no luck.
    internet2.voicestream.com
    wap.voicestream.com
    epc.tmobile.com

Still have E symbol but keep getting redirected to:
    "To connect to the Internet with the device you are using, you'll need a webConnect data plan."
    url: wipcore.t-mobile.com/webconnect.html

I think were screwed...

This is the last straw for me & t-mobile.

I purchased a used iPhone specifically to use w/the cheap pre-paid sidekick plan. Then without warning t-mobile screwed me out of $30 (shame on them).

I then upgraded to unlimited web2go on a flex pay account, 2 weeks later I start getting this **** telling me I need to upgrade (shame on me).

There is no way I'm paying the same price for edge service with t-mobile that I would pay for an ATT's 3G + a -NEW- iPhone.

I'm torn, at this point I'm either dropping the iPhone all together and going back to the cheapest voice plan I can find... or going to the dark side w/a new pretty-shinny.

-Rupert

Thanks

Yes, we are screwed. I have been enjoying internet for almost 3 weeks. I called this morning to ask whats going on. Originally, I activated web2go with my T509 then inserted the sim in my iphone then this morning it was all gone redirecting. The rep said I needed to do the 24.99 data plan for smartphones and I told her I wanted to cancel the 9.99 plan. I mean at this point I could go to att and Tmobile knows by the iei number we are using an iphone no matter what. Wifi hello!
    By the way, I knew this day was coming so I had purchased a prepay att sim and kept it activated for a nominal fee. To make a long story short to enjoy internet without all these apns and stuff just turn Edge off and whatever time you spend online will be deducted from your balance as well as your calls and text.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 08-25-2009 at 08:09 AM.

So we are screwed. The end has come and I'm locked on a ridiculous 2 year contract with stupid T-mobile. I am having the same problem here in Phoenix AZ @ 6:00 am. Oh God this totally sucks!

Thanks
    Man talk about crap, these greedy bastards just can't get enough. No data for me either

yeah..... another bad move T-Mobile... how can one really get the message to them:

If I'm going to pay 34.99 for unlimited internet and text, what on EARTH makes you think I'm going to pay you instead of AT&T??? They have 3G! You have EDGE only.

but go ahead and do what you must.... I'm sure everyone here canceling their 9.99 plans will go completely unnoticed.

wipcore screen for a $9.99 subscriber here in Houston too. Hopefully this is just another outage. This happened a couple of months ago and it was cleared up the next day.

God I hope so. But if it is, is it normal for us to still have the E at the top? I guess we'll find out in time.

I'm going to give it a couple days then I'm going to cancel my service. glad I have a flexpay acct and not a contract

They should just make contracts illegal in the US. That'd never happen tho lol.

Thanks
    ya i'll wait a couple days if it doesn't start working again, thentmo can kiss the extra 20 from me goodbye and my 3g becomes a dumb phone, hell i might even sell it.

Quote Originally Posted by lordoth View Post
    God I hope so. But if it is, is it normal for us to still have the E at the top? I guess we'll find out in time.
    Yeah last time this happened the E was there. The problem isn't with the Edge connection, it's with us being filtered out.

Thanks

Well,I am in the process of adding my prepay ATT phone number to all my contacts as a second number for people to get in touch with me. I am in a 2 year contract and have 1 year left. I have loved the ability to check my email and tweet away from a wifi signal so I will be on my att sim and transfer my number to the sim after my year is up. I don't like these games. Tmobile does not sell the iphone so they want to control our internet habits. Whats next monitoring the sites i go to? Oh they did with webconnect.
    The "E" never leaves the iphone like it was mentioned "filter" us out of accessing the web and using the internet enabled apps too.
    Last edited by mikerlx; 08-25-2009 at 09:32 AM.

Page 1 of 17 123 11 ... LastLast