+ Reply
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by hapishyguy I hope its just an outage. But why do people call tmobile and tell them they have iphone and the internet is out. This raises a
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    I hope its just an outage.
    But why do people call tmobile and tell them they have iphone and the internet is out. This raises a red flag everytime someone calls them and god knows how many impatient patients have called tmobile and told they have iphone. Just say you have a regular dubmphone and the internet is out and please fix it. then slip in the conversation that is there any outage? They will insist you to move to higher plan but cant force if you keep on telling them you have a dumbfone not iphone.
    Also if there was a imei issue where tmobile might have blocked the imei of the iphone from using the we2go then has someone tried to put the sim in another iphone and see if it works?
    If they are specifically blocking the iPhone based on IMEI, then lying about what phone you have won't do any good. Reporting a problem that isn't real doesn't help anyone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default webConnect Data Plan displayed in Salt Lake
    If any of you are having the problem of a screen displaying "To connect to the internet with this device you are using, you'll need a webConnect data plan. Please call customer care at 18009378997 to make sure you have the correct webConnect data plan" please refer to this forum listed below.

Samsung Behold Forum - Any of you get this message?

Yeah I am pretty pissed off to as you can read my post > Jayuen
    Last edited by Jayuen; 08-25-2009 at 02:13 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by slithy View Post
    If they are specifically blocking the iPhone based on IMEI, then lying about what phone you have won't do any good. Reporting a problem that isn't real doesn't help anyone.
    Hey Slithy,

Read this
    4/9 - Web2Go plan no longer for iPhone users???

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    My Web2Go $9.99 plan is working fine. Am in College Station, about an hour and half from Houston, TX. All of my internet services are working like a champ Sorry to the rest of ya
    Weird, I'm in Houston and it's not working. Do you use internet2?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hapishyguy View Post
    But why do people call tmobile and tell them they have iphone and the internet is out.
    They can see that without us telling (IMEI? I don't really know how).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Same issue here in Utah; service was working fine on my wife's phone last night but today she's getting the "Need a WebConnect plan with this phone" message. I hope this is just an outage, I am not paying $24.95 each for the 3 iphones on our plan for internet!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

internet3.voicestream.com is down also..Chicago

iPhone? More like MyPhone hapishyguy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rbultje View Post
    They can see that without us telling (IMEI? I don't really know how).
    What I am saying is that why admit to a cop even if you had 2 beers and you are still sober. Cop insists (its his job to get you) and you admit it you are gone. lolz. I have been saved few times by just not admitting even though they found alcohol in the test. Anyway!
    So all I am saying is why admit. If they know its good fo rthem.

So anybody got this to work yet?

Now I am really hating the iPhone. Every application requires internet to work. Even GV Mobile application needs internet. My Blackberry Bold was a gem. I still love my Bold. You could also run applications in the background on Bold and GV Mobile works like a charm
    Last edited by hapishyguy; 08-25-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: more info

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    same problem here in southern utah. Internet2, epc, and wap APN's don't work. Get the same message on my iphone

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jayuen View Post
    If any of you are having the problem of a screen displaying "To connect to the internet with this device you are using, you'll need a webConnect data plan. Please call customer care at 18009378997 to make sure you have the correct webConnect data plan" please refer to this forum listed below.

Yeah I am pretty pissed off to as you can read my post > Jayuen
    From what I discovered, when I tried to price out a behold it let me choose the 9.99 and 19.99 plans..
    It even displays the behold on this web2go flash presentation.
    http://www.t-mobile.com/promotions/p....mc_t=OnsiteAd

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @kirbyator: You're paying $25 and you still have network issues? I think that gives the rest of us some hope! You should definitely contact customer service (611 on ur phone) and let us know whether they tell you anything different.

RDL
    Thanks

First it was the Sidekick Plan issue and now this. Smh. T-Mobile does not sell the iPhone and until they do and I can buy a nice new one from them for the same price that AT&T users can then I do not know why TMobile would risk losing me and others for an extra $15 a month.

I know its all about the almighty dollar BUT I think keeping customers and getting that $50 plus a month adds up to alot more than losing customers over $15 a month.

I'm going to call customer loyalty and if I can not get a WORKING plan for my iPhone for the same price as others who have been with them just a long as I have (alot of BB users have the same $19.99 plan for unlimited txt and data as I did with my sidekick for years) then I'll finally switch over to AT&T.. Mostly out of spite. I hate AT&T but at this point I'd rather give them $20 a month more than stay with a TMobile who claims I'm a LOYAL customer yet they try to show appreciation by squeezing another $15 out of me. No thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah I am in Salt Lake. Same thing. I am currently paying for the tzones plan and not enjoying it. Check out this post>

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    From what I discovered, when I tried to price out a behold it let me choose the 9.99 and 19.99 plans..
    It even displays the behold on this web2go flash presentation.
    Unsupported Browser
    Yeah, they signed me up with the 9.99 unlimited (paralyzed)web when I bought the phone saying that both the behold and the memoir (which is what I have) are not considered data phones?! and that it is not necessary to have the data plan. I went in today and tech support told me that the data plan is required for these phones and the fact that it worked for a month and a half if just a lucky coincidence. What a joke.
    Last edited by Jayuen; 08-25-2009 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Here is what I'm seeing on my iphone, any ideas????? I have iphone 2g with $9.99 tzones. It stopped working last night
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?-img_0008.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Unhappy webconnect error message
    see att pic
    Last edited by lesmir; 08-25-2009 at 03:18 PM. Reason: does not display right

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys, found this forum while trying to figure out what is wrong with my internet plan. I have the T-mobile Shadow with the $10 plan. Just like everyone else my internet isn't working on the phone. I CAN still tether it to my laptop though and it works.

So what gives?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RDL View Post
    First it was the Sidekick Plan issue and now this. Smh. T-Mobile does not sell the iPhone and until they do and I can buy a nice new one from them for the same price that AT&T users can then I do not know why TMobile would risk losing me and others for an extra $15 a month.

I know its all about the almighty dollar BUT I think keeping customers and getting that $50 plus a month adds up to alot more than losing customers over $15 a month.

I'm going to call customer loyalty and if I can not get a WORKING plan for my iPhone for the same price as others who have been with them just a long as I have (alot of BB users have the same $19.99 plan for unlimited txt and data as I did with my sidekick for years) then I'll finally switch over to AT&T.. Mostly out of spite. I hate AT&T but at this point I'd rather give them $20 a month more than stay with a TMobile who claims I'm a LOYAL customer yet they try to show appreciation by squeezing another $15 out of me. No thanks.

i told em that my web2go was working on my phone for the last month too
    they told me the same crap

i shold call back and rant but it would just fall on deaf ears

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian View Post
    Hi guys, found this forum while trying to figure out what is wrong with my internet plan. I have the T-mobile Shadow with the $10 plan. Just like everyone else my internet isn't working on the phone. I CAN still tether it to my laptop though and it works.

So what gives?
    are you using wireless?

RDL
    Thanks

Just called customer loyalty and they said it is NOT an outage. They recently revamped their system and any phones that are using plans under $24.99 that are not the phones they have listed for those plans will not have working data. Again I know TMo Reps are never on the same page but this is the info I got from the rep I just spoke with.

She actually went ahead and changed my web2go $19.99 back to my Sidekick $19.99 because I told her that one USE to work. She told me to try it again and see what happens. I know its not going to work but considering neither is web2go I just said sure whatever.

Just as I thought the hiptop.t-mobile. com APN with the sidekick plan won't even connect to the server. So its wait for a hack (do u think one is even possible at this point??) or pay $15 more a month or switch carriers.
    Last edited by RDL; 08-25-2009 at 03:13 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian View Post

So what gives?

It really seems like a network problem. The T-Mobile Shadow is another device that is legitimately eligible for the $9.99 and $19.99 plans.

Lovely

Not