Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

Thanks

I gotta tell ya Mike the thing is that 3G is great but I have alot of friends who say that they don't usually get to benefit from it which is primarily due to the system being so overburdened. I had that problem with my berry which switched over to edge more often than 3G so the point to me is why not save some money when you can hell since they started this loyalty stuff I have 2 iPhones $111.00 they're both fully unlimted talk,text, and data.
    In reality this web2go issue was the first time I had a problem with TMO and it seems they've taken it seriously enough to get it working again I'm sorry but even for a business user who can write off cell service there are other place I can spend roughly $80 than giving it to AT&T so I can have a faster speed that's really irrelevant in the grand scheme of what these are used for. People should go buy a netbook and an Internet card if they need a lightning fast Internet everywhere they're at for me the availability of wifi and the edge networks serves me well
    just a financial advisors view on the way we throw money around without really looking at the end results
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like all is good. (Dang TMOB) but at least I was able to get the TZones

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    Looks like all is good. (Dang TMOB) but at least I was able to get the TZones
    Aint' it great ?
    Although really we can't get too ticked off with TMO after all they are a for profit company and still provide great service for a low price. I double checked and to have the service I ahve now with AT&T I could actually run 4 lines with iPhones on Tmo and still save $33 a month over at&t. With that in mind it'll be awhile before I'm complaning about TMO

Banned
    Thanks

Just got another iPhone 16GB 3G (I love people on CL who have no idea what they're iPhones are worth and end up selling them cheap :-D ).

So I called up T-Mo and tried adding the 9.99 web2go, but decided to go with the unlimited since I text all day. The told me since i have FlexPay plan that I needed to pay 19.95 x2 (or 9.99 x2 if I just did web), so that I could start the service immediately and have it paid up for the next month in advance.

Has anyone else on a FlexPay plan encountered this?

Yeah.. two months of service up front.

Lovely

Not

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

Nikez87 (08-31-2009)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    Yeah.. two months of service up front.
    Okay, thanks. I just wanted to be sure.
    Can anyone recommend any good texting programs to use via the Edge connection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nikez87 View Post
    Just got another iPhone 16GB 3G (I love people on CL who have no idea what they're iPhones are worth and end up selling them cheap :-D ).
    Just out of curiosity-How much?

Banned
    Thanks

Just out of curiosity-How much?
    Ad said $135. We agreed but then later got a text saying someone offered $140, so I upped it to $145 and picked it up yesterday.

I couldn't test it when i bought it due to the fact the AT&T sim card i have has no service on it, but the lady i bought it from seemed decent and the price was a steal. i've unlocked it and have been checking everything out and so far so good.

Like new in the box. All accessories, invisible shield and case.

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    Yes, we are screwed. I have been enjoying internet for almost 3 weeks. I called this morning to ask whats going on. Originally, I activated web2go with my T509 then inserted the sim in my iphone then this morning it was all gone redirecting. The rep said I needed to do the 24.99 data plan for smartphones and I told her I wanted to cancel the 9.99 plan. I mean at this point I could go to att and Tmobile knows by the iei number we are using an iphone no matter what. Wifi hello!
    By the way, I knew this day was coming so I had purchased a prepay att sim and kept it activated for a nominal fee. To make a long story short to enjoy internet without all these apns and stuff just turn Edge off and whatever time you spend online will be deducted from your balance as well as your calls and text.
    ARE YOU SERIOUS? You are ILLEGALLY using an iPhone on THEIR sevice, and you're saying "shame on them"? Lol, wow, I'm sorry you can't abuse T-mobile by getting a dirt cheap plan for a phone THAT'S NOT supposed to be used on their service.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nikez87 View Post
    Ad said $135. We agreed but then later got a text saying someone offered $140, so I upped it to $145 and picked it up yesterday.

I couldn't test it when i bought it due to the fact the AT&T sim card i have has no service on it, but the lady i bought it from seemed decent and the price was a steal. i've unlocked it and have been checking everything out and so far so good.

Like new in the box. All accessories, invisible shield and case.
    Dang-I wish I could find a sweet deal liek that here. $300 is the lowest I can find.

Banned
    Thanks

Dang-I wish I could find a sweet deal liek that here. $300 is the lowest I can find.
    Yea. I live just East of Orlando and I sometimes find 3G and 3Gs for low around here on CL (but theres prob a new iPhone post here twice a week - if lucky), but when I search Orlando (which has new iPhone post almost every minute) I see 3G 8gb/16 gb for 250-350 and 3gs for 450-700.

But back to the topic of this post lol..

Thanks

Actually Thanks Nike I'll hit up some friends down there thinking I want the 3GS

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Actually Thanks Nike I'll hit up some friends down there thinking I want the 3GS
    No problem, just save one or two for me

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting in here

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by allegiance2me View Post
    Just wanted to say thanks to everyone posting in here
    No prob, I'm also glad for all the people who post

Hi everyone.

I recently asked my company to switch my plan from unlimited data 19.99 and 1000 text 9.99 to the 19.95 unlimited web2go and text plan. My angle was that this is reported to still work with my iPhone and plus I would get unlimited text.

The man in charge of managing our celluar cost tried to switch it with the tmobile CSR and all they could do was switch my data to the 9.99 plan and keep me at 1000 text limit for another 9.99.

He told me that they said there system wouldn't allow him to switch me to the 19.95 unlimited plan. My thinking is all they have to do since they already gave me the data plan (which typically is the harder part) is remove my cap on text.

Am I missing something here? I plan on live chatting with someone when I get back home even though I don't have rights to make changes to my account.

Thanks guys, any suggestions would be great.

So far still working for me.

I have the Total Internet plan though at 19.99m/o which i got a year ago luckily.

It 40 Bucks a month if you try to get it now (Ahhh)
    Plus i got a loyalty plan (been with tmobile for 6 years) unlimited minutes for 50 m/o
    But i'm not on a contract and all cell networks are known when you are on a month to month basis, they do
    screw with your plan without telling you.

In the end, 85 a month for text, unlimited internet and voice,
    lucky so far, i still give tmo 5 star,
    a comparable att plan was up in the 120's last i checked, 3 days ago
    BUT BOY if they switch this up on me.........

They will be hearing about it and i'll be ONE P'Od person and probably will join the rest of you if cursing tmobile for this!!!
    You have to go through alot with a iphone to become a tmobile iphone customer.
    Paying 550 for the phone, contract cancelation etc just to be a tmobile customer (since they are awesome and well priced)
    they should give US a BREAK!!!

It all comes down to money!! errrr
    Last edited by Ryfly; 09-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks

i finally got my internet to work.. but does anyone have problem with internet2? it doesnt seem to work for me and wen i try epc. it tells me i need to upgrade my plan

10. While still in Network settings go to >Cellular Data Network and enter "internet2.voicestream.com" as the APN for Cellular Data and Internet Tethering

11. Enter the following for MMS settings:

APN: epc.voicestream.com

MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    i hope this helps let me know if it does and if it does give me a thanks please and thank you

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617