Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JNSNAMS View Post
    Here in okc mines working again>>>and alot faster than normal now>>>
    Since you are in OKC and you check your download and upload speed. There is a free app called speedtest. let em know what you are getting on web 2 go...

Thanks

Default Web2go connect with T-Mobile
    I was on here yesterday and like most of the rest of people that where experiencing issues with the cellular data network, I too was pulling my hair trying to figure out why one day I have connection and then the next day I do not. Well, I called T-Mobile yesterday 08/26/09; and spoke with a Customer Service Rep that pretty much kept talking overme and not really hearing me out on the issue I was experiencing. Anyways, I just pretty much asked her to tell what service I was paying for and she said I had the basic low minutes individual flex pay plan with "no internet and or data" package!!??? I stopped her and asked why one day I have it and the next I do not? She told me that the service was cancelled two weeks ago? really confused..... I go into explaining that how is it possible for T-mobile to charge me for the service but go in and cancel it after I paid for it automatically? she stumble on her words! After that was said, she asked me for my IMEI number for the phone they have on their records for my plan!? I play dumb and told her that the IMEI number would not pop up due to me being on the call with her on the cell phone. Pretty much I think they were trying to figure out if I was on a non T-Mobile sanction phone and seeing if I was one of the many using unlocked Iphone's . Well pretty much I just have an Iphone with call and text capabilities but no internet/data service. I am just tempted to call AT&T and see what service they have, it sounds like a better approach to having 3G connection, no loss of signal, and not dealing with T-Mobile's ignorance. I thought I just post my experience with T-mobile and for reading other people's post here yesterday. The best to everyone....

It's back baby! Wooohoooo! Didn't have to do anything, good thing I waited and didn't cave like many many people on here.

Thanks
    Default Still out in KC
    I've got no "E" at all. (restarted, reset network settings, etc.)

Tried all APNs.

Still on the unlimited web $9.99 plan.

Watiting on internet2.voicestream.com

Meh.

I can confirm that mine is working again on internet2.voicestream.com in southern utah! YAY!

That changing APN/clearing cookies thing worked for me! NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by fallennomad View Post
    That changing APN/clearing cookies thing worked for me! NYC.
    hi, can you run a speed test for the web2go using speedtest.net? thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Rocafella310 View Post
    Weirdest thing happened my internet is back all I did was switch the APN from internet2.voicestream.com to wap.voicestream.com then try to browse of course the Upgrade Required page popped up then I erased all cookies and changed the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com then went to yahoo and it went somebody try this method see if it works ohh yeah and this is the 9.99 web2go plan.
    working in colorado

My speeds are miserable: 43 kbps, but I only have 2 bars ATM.

I just left tmobile for ATT too lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    Wow, all my net works now. Email, Safari, all my apps....

What the hell did T-Mo do? Surely a 2 day purge couldn't have made them that much money could it?
    Actually it really could have figure it was $15 more to ahve the plan they wanted us on for me that's $30 so $180 a year for single and $360 for couples with just 1000 people calling in to make the change and assuming a 50/50 ratio of payment they would be looking at an additional $270,000 per year or $22,500 per month and keep in mind this supposedly affected all non tmobile smartphones ya gotta wonder how many of those users are out there the stats on how many iPhones are sold and jailbroken are staggering and I think 1000 would be really low, since when I went to the site last night for online customer chat I was number 46 in line on the queue I actually got off the phone with the rep quicker than it took for my place in queue to drop to 25.
    Everytime I called they were like oh you're like the 50th person today with this problem and that was in the morning when I started my odyssey so these glitches are extremely profitable for them hell look at these forums all the people affected and they're realy aren't that many of us on here with questions and solutions.
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

I earlier today called from my spare phone, used the promo code, and got the 5.99 plan. Got back on with the epc.tmobile.com APN Speedtest showed 132 up/32 down. In NYC.

Unfortunately, I didn't test before I switched or was blocked. Add me to the list of those wanting to know speeds of web2go compared to tzones.

Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallennomad View Post
    My speeds are miserable: 43 kbps, but I only have 2 bars ATM.
    Right now I'm at my office running at 183 down 87 up on tzones
    170 down 87 up
    Yesterday on the $25 plan the numbers were 170 down and 87 up so no change on the upload
    I gotta think web-2-go is in a similar range and I actually had better numbers at home on tzones as well I believe that;s a few pages back
    Last edited by MREY; 08-27-2009 at 12:27 PM.

web2go 9.99 plan

This morning at 10:55 my speeds were horrible Speed Test results:
    63down and 56up with full bars...

I did notice that my ping time was >2000

then i think im staying with tzone.....

Default back in biz
    Orange County, LA things are back working altough seems abit slow.
    Glad we waited it out,let's enjoy it while it last's

COOL it works nOW!! Thanks Rockafella310! OMG YOu ROCK!!

SEATTLE!!

i put my old 2g that is on tmobile back on the web2go plan 5 mins ago, and it worked right away using internet2 apn

Thanks

Talking Speed tests done b/w tzones & web2go
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon177 View Post
    then i think im staying with tzone.....
    Why not ? I was amazed I was able to get it I still stand by it not being a viable alternative just because it seems near impossible to add it but if ya can get it go for it.

BTW
    I asked a friend on web2go to do the speed test he was hitting the same as me over at the restaurant we were having lunch at
    Three Tests in the restaurant identical results here in Minneapolis actually Maple Grove for the Minnesotans out there
    185 up 86 down
    147 up 78 down
    182 up 87 down
    I did one in the bathroom it was 19 up 13 down his web2go came back up this morning as well we were actually going to cal tmo at lunch to get him tzones which btw we did cuz why not save 12 bucks on three lines plus 10 cuz he flat out said I want the same text plan Mike has I have 3 lines and I activated them a week after he did
    my best time on the $25 plan last night was 170 up 87 down unless ya wanna count wifi 827 up 347 down
    Hope this helps on the speed tests ?'s thught I'd add it since I just came back from lunch

internet2.voicestream started working again since yesterday afternoon. I got Web2Go 19.99 unlimited web & text.

100 down, 50 up, latency 300 in SF bay area peninsula.

Pretty slow. I'm gunna try to get T-Zone, doesn't wanna pay that much for that kinna speed.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast