Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

Just saying hi from the new tzones network on my iPhone . It working just fine

Quote Originally Posted by villainrootn View Post
    howd you guys get the t-zone plan 0_o.
    here is what i did, when i called, i ask for cancellation with out talking to anyone, then i ask the op when does the contract ends cuz i want to cancel it, then she start asking why blah blah blah, then work your magic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlon177 For This Useful Post:

beav626 (08-26-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Marlon177 View Post
    here is what i did, when i called, i ask for cancellation with out talking to anyone, then i ask the op when does the contract ends cuz i want to cancel it, then she start asking why blah blah blah, then work your magic.
    This is what I did also no questions and all is good for now (until they block TZONES)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did notice a speed difference now, but it could be that half of America is swapping to T-Zones.

wap/epc get about 100k down, 40k up for me (both tested the same)

internet2 on the 9.99 got about 160-190 down and about 80 up (0/0 now though, lol!)

I used the speedtest.net app to test it.

Can anyone post their speeds with the $25 smartphone plan?

Thanks

P.S can anyone tell me what is MMS and how to set that up please? thanks.....
    MMS is sending picture messages in simple terms it's actually multimedia messaging service according to Cindymar's post use the wap.voicestream.com apn for it it's 2 or 3 posts up from here
    edit
    I'd wish I knew someone that added the friggin tzones to call tmobile with cuz this is getting reedickyoulus (i know it's spelled wrong)
    Last edited by MREY; 08-26-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    Thanks to all of you @ Modmyi for all of the help you've provided
    Take a second and hit The Thanks button if someone helps you

Quote Originally Posted by cougar694u View Post
    I did notice a speed difference now, but it could be that half of America is swapping to T-Zones.

wap/epc get about 100k down, 40k up for me (both tested the same)

internet2 on the 9.99 got about 160-190 down and about 80 up (0/0 now though, lol!)

I used the speedtest.net app to test it.

Can anyone post their speeds with the $25 smartphone plan?
    i didnt know such a program exist, i shoudve done it when the web2go was still working

Thanks

i didnt know such a program exist, i shoudve done it when the web2go was still working
    170 down 87 up
    of course on wifi
    827 down 347 up

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @MREY

That's what my web2go looked like, what about the 25/mo plan? Same?

I am on the $5.99 plan, and I tried all of the APN's including the wap, they call take me to the page that requires me to sign for 24.99 plan. HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by as9332 View Post
    I am on the $5.99 plan, and I tried all of the APN's including the wap, they call take me to the page that requires me to sign for 24.99 plan. HELP!
    use wap.voicestream.com, clear ur history, cookies and cashe, restart your iphone, hope this help.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cougar694u View Post
    @MREY

That's what my web2go looked like, what about the 25/mo plan? Same?
    Sorry mate that is the $25 a month plan the crappy thing here is that it is the web 2 go plan
    Look at the website there's virtually no difference in the two plans with exception of a couple of things only tmo smartphones can utilize this was a looooooong conversation with tmo I made the switch becasue they gave me a few concessions which kept me at my original 149.99 family time unlimted plan but with the added data on both phones

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    Just saying hi from the new tzones network on my iPhone . It working just fine
    Yes I've read someof the other posts but my question is are any of you using the tmobile carrier bundle from cydi or do i need to remove it nd try the APNS you've all listed this is kinda important btw I did get TZONES ADDED ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO I called again got a friendly rep expalined that a bunch of my friends haave added this and it is working however right now I'm getting you are not suscribed to cellular data network i need to know if this is cause I have to wait or do i need to change out from the bundle
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited by MREY; 08-26-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Sorry mate that is the $25 a month plan the crappy thing here is that it is the web 2 go plan
    Look at the website there's virtually no difference in the two plans with exception of a couple of things only tmo smartphones can utilize this was a looooooong conversation with tmo I made the switch becasue they gave me a few concessions which kept me at my original 149.99 family time unlimted plan but with the added data on both phones

Yes I've read someof the other posts but my question is are any of you using the tmobile carrier bundle from cydi or do i need to remove it nd try the APNS you've all listed this is kinda important btw I did get TZONES ADDED ABOUT 20 MINUTES AGO I called again got a friendly rep expalined that a bunch of my friends haave added this and it is working however right now I'm getting you are not suscribed to cellular data network i need to know if this is cause I have to wait or do i need to change out from the bundle
    Thanks in advance
    Remova all bundles. Add wap.voicestream.com as your apn settings

14. The Following User Says Thank You to beav626 For This Useful Post:

MREY (08-26-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    Remova all bundles. Add wap.voicestream.com as your apn settings
    BTW I just tested my tzones plan here in Minneapolis Icame in at
    185 down and 86 up

Hey all,

New to the forum but I just wanted to thank everyone for their hard work and help. Just contacted TMO through chat and asked for the T-zones plan that everyone's been talking about.

I've been a TMO customer for 6+ years now with iPhone for about 1 year and using the $9.99 web2go plan. I tried downgrading to the $5.99 T-zones plan and used the promo code but they insisted that T-zones was discontinued in Nov. 2008 and that they can't add it to my plan. I tried to keep going higher and higher without being rude but they insisted that I had gone as high as I could go.

I'm happy that a bunch of you guys are getting the help you need from the reps, but so far on my first try no dice and I went as high as they would let me tonight. Tips anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

y'know cw I called about 7 times today finally I got this rep luis in nashville and here's exactly what i said.
    I need to talk somone in customer loyalty
    Luish well may i try to help what was your concern?
    Me: I've had several friends today add the Using TZUNL599 and adding tzones I even had one show me his plan at dinner tonight and I was told Mike ya need to call loyalty and get a supervisor.
    Luis: And this is working fine for them?
    Mike:Yup
    Luis: Let me see what I can do what was that code again ?
    I gave it
    Luis: ok well I found that here in the system and I've made the changes for you is there anything else?
    Mike: Yes I'd like to speak with your supervisor and cknowledge your courteousness (spelling)
    He thanked me transferred me I relayed the message I'll tell you guys I think if you know someone who did this and could refrence their phone number it may help I've been with Tmo for over 6 years and am currently setup thanks to all of these calls which not everyone qualifies for but here ya have it
    89.99 unlimited voice for families 2 lines
    9.99 unlimted text all lines
    5.99 tzones
    5.99 tzones
    so now 111.96 out the door
    everything is working fine right now let me know how it goes

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

cwhkoo (08-26-2009), moireach (08-26-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    y'know cw I called about 7 times today finally I got this rep luis in nashville and here's exactly what i said.
    I need to talk somone in customer loyalty
    Luish well may i try to help what was your concern?
    Me: I've had several friends today add the Using TZUNL599 and adding tzones I even had one show me his plan at dinner tonight and I was told Mike ya need to call loyalty and get a supervisor.
    Luis: And this is working fine for them?
    Mike:Yup
    Luis: Let me see what I can do what was that code again ?
    I gave it
    Luis: ok well I found that here in the system and I've made the changes for you is there anything else?
    Mike: Yes I'd like to speak with your supervisor and cknowledge your courteousness (spelling)
    He thanked me transferred me I relayed the message I'll tell you guys I think if you know someone who did this and could refrence their phone number it may help I've been with Tmo for over 6 years and am currently setup thanks to all of these calls which not everyone qualifies for but here ya have it
    89.99 unlimited voice for families 2 lines
    9.99 unlimted text all lines
    5.99 tzones
    5.99 tzones
    so now 111.96 out the door
    everything is working fine right now let me know how it goes
    Thanks bro. Will give it a try most likely tomorrow when I'm not all aggro over having to balance work and fiddling with my phone. Just wanted to clarify though - you called and they added the $5.99 T-zones as a new feature and didn't give you the whole "its been discontinued since Nov. 2008 and its only available as a grand-fathered feature" lecture? What data plan were you using prior to the change?

Any other people with feedback its definitely appreciated.

Chris

I've had T-zones $5.99 for 2 years now, I have no problem connecting thru EDGE, everything works fine I even tried rebooting the phone to see if it would stop working but it's working fine. Maybe its the new EDGE plans they now have that no longer work on the iPhone...
    Last edited by izbitu; 08-26-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks

Chris I replied to your pm
    yup I'm a 32 degree master mason and Shriner
    to clarify I had the 9.99 web 2go until midmornkmg when I got forced into the 25.00 plan I then called back this evening and got our phones switched to tzones i really just had a calm convo with the rep and was finally able to get it done I recommend using any of the methods you've seen here & there's a little more detail on the PM
    Again GOODLUCK

Default Same problem
    I got my service with tmobile a week ago. First, I was using the $ 34.99 plan (cause I had my iphone and the phone i got with tmobile.) Everytime I used the internet on my iphone, I would notice that it was very slow (like having edge... on the other hand, when I had it with the tmobile's cell, it worked fine. I decided to call tmobile to request the web2go and text for $ 19.99 (to save some money) but it didnt work.

They also said they no longer have tzones...so my guess is that they are trying to make money from ppl that have iphones on their network (cause they know we are using iphones) ....

Way to RIP OFF PEOPLE TMOBILE.....

All I can say is that paying $ 24.99 or $ 34.99 for internet service that runs like edge on ur iphone is a bad way to spend your money.

they got us bad eh

I hope Im wrong about this, but I think this is whats going on..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Weirdest thing happened my internet is back all I did was switch the APN from internet2.voicestream.com to wap.voicestream.com then try to browse of course the Upgrade Required page popped up then I erased all cookies and changed the APN back to internet2.voicestream.com then went to yahoo and it went somebody try this method see if it works ohh yeah and this is the 9.99 web2go plan.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocafella310 For This Useful Post:

bdizzle (08-27-2009), msxsquintyxeyes (08-27-2009)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast