Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    will MMS and Tethering still work?

Im on the phone with Tmob right now-This guy does not want to help, so I am getting transferred to customer loyalty dept...
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon177 View Post
    just called TMO, after tell them the issue, the op removed my web2go, then added the tzone back for me for 5.99 + 15.00 unlimited text. Yeeah

but i need to know the correct setting for tzone, cuz epc.tmobile.com doesnt work for me
    MMS will still work but the settings i just verified it. for MMS the APN should stay wap.voicestream.com... teethering I'm not too sure about since I've never tried it.

If epc.tmobile.com doesnt work for you Marlon try wap.voicestream.com. Remember it takes a while for the change to actually work on your phone. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to 24 hours.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CindyMarr For This Useful Post:

Marlon177 (08-26-2009), MREY (08-26-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by cougar694u View Post
    @beav
    use wap.voicestream.com
    thanks, wap.voicestream.com works for me, yeaah

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlon177 For This Useful Post:

oBLUEoHEFNERo (08-30-2009)

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

MY First Attempt fell through.. I will try again later

MY First Attempt fell through.. I will try again later
    here is what i did, when i called, i ask for cancellation with out talking to anyone, then i ask the op when does the contract ends cuz i want to cancel it, then she start asking why blah blah blah, then work your magic.

P.S can anyone tell me what is MMS and how to set that up please? thanks.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Marlon177 For This Useful Post:

beav626 (08-26-2009)

Thanks

here is what i did, when i called, i ask for cancellation with out talking to anyone, then i ask the op when does the contract ends cuz i want to cancel it, then she start asking why blah blah blah, then work your magic.

Worked like a charm-Now I will change the APN settings and see what happens.

Worked like a charm-Now I will change the APN settings and see what happens.
    took me few restart and clear all the cookies and history to get it to work tho, good luck

MMS is to send picture messages. Here are the settings that work for me...

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

every other field leave blank.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to CindyMarr For This Useful Post:

Marlon177 (08-26-2009)

Quote Originally Posted by CindyMarr View Post
    MMS is to send picture messages. Here are the settings that work for me...

APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080

every other field leave blank.
    thanks, the person that im sending MMS to, also required internet access right?

thanks, the person that im sending MMS to, also required internet access right?
    No not internet access, just a messaging plan.

Thanks

Now I get this...

Quote Originally Posted by cougar694u View Post
    @beav
    use wap.voicestream.com
    I missed this one- Now Im using this one and all is good

Thanks everyone.

$5.99 data is better than $9.99 Data
    Last edited by beav626; 08-26-2009 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So why not just change an IMEI? Besides it being illegal. I mean, would changing the IMEI to reflect a non-smartphone work? It's pretty aparent that all T-Mo is doing is filtering out IMEI's right?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gumby579 View Post
    So why not just change an IMEI? Besides it being illegal. I mean, would changing the IMEI to reflect a non-smartphone work? It's pretty aparent that all T-Mo is doing is filtering out IMEI's right?
    Tell me how and I will do it.

Thanks
    Tell me how and I will do it.
    make that two of us for a 3G

I just got the 5.99 tzone as well. She told me it takes 24-48 hours for it to work. None of the APN work as of yet

What phone did you make the call from? Home phone or iphone? I'm gonna try to get the tzones, and I wanna do it right the first time.

So, I called up 10 mins ago and asked about T-Zones, I got one the nicest Reps that I've had in a while, I told her I wanted to add T-Zones with Unlimited Texting, I never had T-Zones with T-Mobile but she was moe than happy to work it out, she got it to work and I now also have 1 month of service free! I told them I had the Samsung D600 (Like cougar694u, she never asked for IMEI Number) and my internet was down for a while and I was very disatifyed, she then said I'm very sorry to hear that and gave me 1 month free.

My tips:
    - Don't mention you have the iPhone.
    - Say you have the Samsung D600
    - Don't yell.
    - Stay Calm.
    - When she/he answers don't ask a question about the plan start a side convo, like How's your day, the weather around there..ect

This is what worked for me!

BTW I needed to use the epc.tmobile.com APN so try that if no other APN works with the T-Zones!
    Last edited by chaingang54; 08-26-2009 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hey arram,

How were you able to add the tzones plan to your account. I have tried like 4 times through tmobile chat. I have called twice and no luck. Can you tell me what you did.

Everytime i talk to tmobile they tell me that they cannot add that plan anymore. There is no way for them to added, because that plan expired already. I gave them the promo codo tzunl599, but no luck either.

Please tell me what you did.

howd you guys get the t-zone plan 0_o.

is the Tzone/T-MobileWeb unlimited?

Quote Originally Posted by villainrootn View Post
    howd you guys get the t-zone plan 0_o.
    Read my above post, I was surprised she also gave it to me, but she did, I was just nice and she must of been having a good day and she got it to work for me.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast