+ Reply
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile requiring webConnect data plan for iPhone?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by MREY Cindy are using a carier bundle and is mms working for you ? I'm also on a 3G 3.0 and want to be sure this all
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    Cindy are using a carier bundle and is mms working for you ?
    I'm also on a 3G 3.0 and want to be sure this all still works before I call.
    Thanks
    EDIT Yeah even though I had Tzones 3 years ago it seems that (according to tmobile) you're all crazy liars who did not ge this added because the coding doesn't exist and they're making it so that the iphone can and will only work on the 24.99 plan though they will offer different pricing points to long term customers which is what I had happen
    Quote Originally Posted by cupcrazytb View Post
    Tried this out and the guy said tzones are no more and only for customers who are grandfathered in from before. Had him ask his supervisor about the promo code, they said no go. Wish I could get the tzones, let me know if you have any other thoughts on what I should do to. Thanks for the help.

Yes the MMS works fine. Ok so here is EXACTLY what I did/said to get this to work. I called TMO and was very nice to the CSR and told her I had a promo code for cheaper internet. She told me that only marketing can enter promo codes but that she was going to verify, then put me on hold. When she came back she asked me for the code and put me on hold again, and when she came back she told me marketing didnt know of that promo code but that she was going to look it up and if I minded waiting. I politely said no that I did not mind and all and thanked her for her help. She then asked me who gave me the code and I said a friend. She asked if I knew how my "friend" got the promo code activated on her account and I said that she told me that she just called and had it put on her account. She then put me on hold for a final time and said that the promo code is no longer active, but that she asked her supervisor and he gave her the OK to add it to my account.

Like I said before, this was my 4th attempt to add it, 3 times online via chat and finally this time when I called. Keep on trying I guess it all depends on the CSR you get and how hard they are willing to work.

Good luck guys!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been on the phone with Tmobile over 20 times in the past week. I have restored my phone rejailbroke it unlocked it and signed up for the service 3 times and nothing. Today I am going to call and get the 24.99 service on. I get a 15% discount so it should not be too bad. I also complained enough and they took me down to a different price tier to make up the extra $15 difference in adding data. I have 3 lines with 2000 mins, unlmtd text, and data now on 2 smart phones. I have been with them 8 years and have referred like 15 people to them. (They actually have this logged in their system) so when you call customer loyalty they try their best to take care of you.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaimeme1618 View Post
    I have been on the phone with Tmobile over 20 times in the past week. I have restored my phone rejailbroke it unlocked it and signed up for the service 3 times and nothing. Today I am going to call and get the 24.99 service on. I get a 15% discount so it should not be too bad. I also complained enough and they took me down to a different price tier to make up the extra $15 difference in adding data. I have 3 lines with 2000 mins, unlmtd text, and data now on 2 smart phones. I have been with them 8 years and have referred like 15 people to them. (They actually have this logged in their system) so when you call customer loyalty they try their best to take care of you.
    you signed up for which service? web2go or tzones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I called about tzones 599 and they say that they don't offer that anymore just because its a grandfathered plan
    so I can't have it! This really bites!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do u get mms to work? Well on a 3G unlocked 3.0 iPhone under the Tmo network. No internet here in Chicago using the internet2 method. This sucks, going to cancel n go to at&t or see if I can get my sk an back but with the grandfathered price

Green Apple
    Thanks

T-Mobile have lost thousands of customers after this move. All this for what? $10-$15 more?

Right now At&T>T-Mobile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For those of want the grandfather $5.99 plan should use this code TZUNL599.
    Me and a buddy of mine both that plan for our iPhones about couple weeks ago and it works fine. They might not give it to the first time you call, took me 3 calls myself. Be persistent, and keep calling as many times as you have to.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I just added T-Zones to my acct:

awnicka S: Also Luke, I can not add the T-zones feature for you but we have a customer loyalty department that might be able to do something different.
    <snip>
    Luke H: anyway, so what were you talking about the loyalty department
    awnicka S: That is correct.
    awnicka S: That is the department that is able to offer customers things that we can not.
    Luke H: ahh, I see
    awnicka S: I am not promising that they can give you T-zones but if it is possible for you to get it back they would be able to do it.

I called the 800 number, explained I wanted T-Zones because I have a samsung D600 I want to have basic internet on, and wanted T-Zones. CSR told me no, so I asked for customer loyalty. That lady was very nice and helpful. I joked with her about how I get a discount for Sprint & AT&T through work, but like T-Mobile and didn't want this to be a deal breaker. She got it done, but it's only been about 15 mins, so I cannot verify the data plan just yet.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

can anyone tell me whats the speed difference between the web2go and the Tzone? thanks in advance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone beav626's Avatar
    Thanks

is TZones slower than the regular web2go. I thought I heard that somewhere...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I tested it on my brothers phone over the weekend (he's on T-Zones) I was on 9.99 web2go, but didn't notice any differences. What I did find was that IPsec VPN worked on his T-Zones but not my web2go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    is TZones slower than the regular web2go. I thought I heard that somewhere...
    It's the same exact thing. I've had web2go until a few hours ago when I was able to switch to tzones and there is no visible difference.They are both EDGE doesnt make any difference.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CindyMarr For This Useful Post:

MREY (08-26-2009)

mps
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by doeboynmek View Post
    Ok, I'm pretty sure all the smartphones that have been metioned have been blacklisted from the 9.99 plan..

I have two iPhones on my account....both were using said 9.99 plan and showing the "Webconnect" issue since early yesterday.

I called Cust care..to switch one of them iPhones to the 24.99 plan

5 minutes later my internet was up and running on that iPhone

but the second one with the 9.99 plan was no go...

Switched the second one to the 24.99 plan..

again 5 minutes later phone internet was up and running ;/

T-Mobile has just screwed me over..but there's no way I can afford to go to AT&T..I'm still under contract =/

EDIT:Just for location purposed I'm located in Orlando, FL
    I am in the same situation. Here's my gameplan if I am going to pay >$20 in data charges:

- Cancel t-mobile on 2 lines = -$350 in cancelation charges
    - Sell my current Unlocked 3G phones on eBay (Currently getting about $350 each worse case)=+$700

Net Outcome:
    - 2 New iPhone 3GS phones
    - Net out of pocket = $750-$350-$400 = $0 + Monthly Data Charges Extra

My company plan gets activation fees waived. So, factor that into your price @$36 each.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Except it may be flooded with traffic now

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cougar694u View Post
    I just added T-Zones to my acct:

awnicka S: Also Luke, I can not add the T-zones feature for you but we have a customer loyalty department that might be able to do something different.
    <snip>
    Luke H: anyway, so what were you talking about the loyalty department
    awnicka S: That is correct.
    awnicka S: That is the department that is able to offer customers things that we can not.
    Luke H: ahh, I see
    awnicka S: I am not promising that they can give you T-zones but if it is possible for you to get it back they would be able to do it.

I called the 800 number, explained I wanted T-Zones because I have a samsung D600 I want to have basic internet on, and wanted T-Zones. CSR told me no, so I asked for customer loyalty. That lady was very nice and helpful. I joked with her about how I get a discount for Sprint & AT&T through work, but like T-Mobile and didn't want this to be a deal breaker. She got it done, but it's only been about 15 mins, so I cannot verify the data plan just yet.
    YOU SEE!!!! PERSISTANCE PEOPLE! It gets the job done! LOL Both Cougar and I were able to add it it just takes the right CSR.

DONT LET TMO WIN! $25 for internet on EDGE is just ridiculous!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CindyMarr View Post
    It's the same exact thing. I've had web2go until a few hours ago when I was able to switch to tzones and there is no visible difference.They are both EDGE doesnt make any difference.
    What do I have to do different on the phone to make it work with TZones?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    @beav
    use wap.voicestream.com

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cougar694u For This Useful Post:

beav626 (08-26-2009), CindyMarr (08-26-2009), Marlon177 (08-26-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beav626 View Post
    What do I have to do different on the phone to make it work with TZones?
    change the APN settings to epc.tmobile.com that's it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CindyMarr View Post
    change the APN settings to epc.tmobile.com that's it!
    will MMS and Tethering still work?

Im on the phone with Tmob right now-This guy does not want to help, so I am getting transferred to customer loyalty dept...

The loyalty dept is giving me the run around too -BS-
    Last edited by beav626; 08-26-2009 at 03:00 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just called TMO, after tell them the issue, the op removed my web2go, then added the tzone back for me for 5.99 + 15.00 unlimited text. Yeeah

but i need to know the correct setting for tzone, cuz epc.tmobile.com doesnt work for me