+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OUT - MyTouch IN

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Whats up fellas. It's been a long time since I was here. Used to be a huge iPhone fan but because Apple and AT&T want to rape me and make
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Thanks

Default iPhone OUT - MyTouch IN
    Whats up fellas. It's been a long time since I was here. Used to be a huge iPhone fan but because Apple and AT&T want to rape me and make me pay $599 or $699 for the stupid 3GS because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade till July 2010 I canceled my contract and went with T-Mobile. Got myself a MyTouch phone with 3G data on it, 600 min with unlim tmo to tmo...unlim txtin...fave five.. and 3g data plan for about $75 a month with taxes which is super cool. I know iPhone is cool and all but man I'm in love with MyTouch. As a matter of fact I think it's even better than iPhone. I dont know if its me but Tmobile 3g data is 5 times faster on this phone than I had on my Iphone 3g with ATT.

People don't let ATT screw you over.

Thanks

What is this Blasphemy? In the times of Moses they would have stoned you!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by se23 View Post
    What is this Blasphemy? In the times of Moses they would have stoned you!
    ^+1

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

So... ur basically saying: AT&T is holding me to the 2 year contract I signed and not letting me get an early upgrade so I threw a temper tantrum and switched to another carrier because I can't afford my service plan and got an inferior phone. Go me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

adp (08-18-2009), mrgermy (08-25-2009)

Thanks

That was the last time Apple and AT&T got rich from me. Every year they release iPhone and MyTouch came to the market first and it had everything...MMS..VIDEO RECORDING..COPY/PASTE..EVERYTHING!!!! What did iPhone 2G have, nothing. FCK Apple and AT&T.

Thanks

I swear I'm not trying to justify anything! I thought my 18month o2 uk contract was long but it's up in under 5 months and I'm still so happy with my 3g, so happy I might just get a 3gs on 18month. The reason why it still feels like a new phone is cos of this place and saurik. I'm no fanboy but it's so nice wen somthing just works. I'm more than satisfied with my choice and compared to 9 outta 10 peeps I know I demand a lot from a phone. My rant

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    So... ur basically saying: AT&T is holding me to the 2 year contract I signed and not letting me get an early upgrade so I threw a temper tantrum and switched to another carrier because I can't afford my service plan and got an inferior phone. Go me!
    Beat me to it. QFT.
    Respect your elders.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ALL DAY For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (08-18-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Have fun with the 60,000+ apps on the App Store and jailbreaking and Cydia on the MyTouch! Oh wait... ha!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Have fun with the 60,000+ apps on the App Store and jailbreaking and Cydia on the MyTouch! Oh wait... ha!
    +1^ lmao

the iphone has alot of competitors, some phones even seem a little better,, but the app store cydia and jailbreaking is what keeps me faithful to my iphone

iPhone? More like MyPhone derrickb16's Avatar
    Thanks

all i can say is to each is own but dnt brag about another phone in the T-Mobile iPhone forum that just stupid..
    IF I'VE HELPED YOU BE SURE YOU HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Thanks

Who has 60.000+ apps on their iPhone noone ? So I could care less how many apps are there. And all that jailbreaking/unlocking is getting really old. Also, MyTouch is open-source and the phone is a thousand times more customazible then iPhone. How many apps did App have when iPhone first came out. LOL!

I hate when some iphone fans won't admit certain things.

Im not a nerd or a geek or whatever that I need to have 60.000 apps like some people. MyTouch has exactly what I had on my iPhone and even more.

Go to Discount Cellular phones, GSM Unlocked Phones, International Cell Phones and Cell Phone Accessories from MyWorldPhone.com and find Nokia's that will OWN and destroy iPhone in a heartbeat. These phones go for $1000 and up. IpHONE is overrated big time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    I'm sorry, but L-O-effing-L...

Also, it's not about actually having 60K+ apps, it's about choices, size, and potential, as well as known developers and studios.
    Respect your elders.

My iPhone is a Part of Me nycdiplomat's Avatar
    Thanks

yea i had the my touch for abt a wk and i didnt like it so i sold it and went back to the iphone. the main reason is becuz the onscreen keyboard is alot more responsive on the iphone than the mytouch. and another reason is the iphone is just a better phone lol. iphone FTW!! there will never be an "iphone killer"
    Verizon iPhone 4 jailbroken
    iOS 4.2.8
    I'm a NY GIANT!!!

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Bragging about quantity and not quality means absolutely nothing, because more than half of the stuff in the app store is absolutely worthless.

With the prices they're charging an early upgrade seems inline for a contract that's been in effect for more than a year -- If it was.

And yeah T-Mobile 3G is better than AT&T 3G if you have it. They're shooting up their 3G very quickly. I'm in NV and the coverage is great.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 08-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

MyTouch 3G data speeds ABSOLUTELY KILL iPhone 3GS Data Speeds. Look it up online where they test it and see it for yourself. I have a friend with 3GS and almost any website MyTouch loads at least 3x faster than his 3GS. I hate fanboys. Both phones are great and iPhone is great too but I HAD 3 iphones and all that jailbreaking and unlocking does nothing but gives you problems and headaches.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nycdiplomat View Post
    yea i had the my touch for abt a wk and i didnt like it so i sold it and went back to the iphone. the main reason is becuz the onscreen keyboard is alot more responsive on the iphone than the mytouch. and another reason is the iphone is just a better phone lol. iphone FTW!! there will never be an "iphone killer"
    +1

Enjoy your mytouch

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I switched from my 2g iPhone to a MyTouch for about 5 days. It was nice. The fact that you customize nearly everything is fantastic. The Android OS was a nice change and so was the 3g service, but I had a few issues. I'm fairly certain the device is under powered to run the OS. It would just slow right down for me. Installed a task manager to keep an eye on things and that didn't help. No matter what the connection type, pages took forever to load in the browser. I blame that issue on the browser loading most pages as a full size site, rather than a mobile version. I hated the keyboard, but I did install the HTC keyboard (there was a link on the T-Mobile forums for it) and it was much nicer, but I was typing faster than the keyboard would register.

There were a few apps that I really wanted, but didn't have access too, so I continued to carry my iPhone with me so I could listen to Red Sox games and play a few games. Also needed it for music because for whatever reason, the music player on the MyTouch would start to run sluggish and you could hear it.

Overall, most of the issues were caused by the little about of ram on the phone. It comes with 196mb on T-Mobile's network, but HTC also a version that is loaded with 288mb.

I give it a 6 out of 10. It was a great phone, but not for someone that uses there phone for EVERYTHING. It just doesn't have the power.

It's nice to know that you're happy with your new phone, enjoy it!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I moved from a T-Mobile g1 to Iphone 2g. I would say AT-T is way better in service wise as for service. It kills t-mobile and t-mobile doesn't have 3g like at-t has it. T-mobile only has it in a couple of large cities. I have freaking GRPS for data which is lame when I could have 3g with a AT-T iphone. Android is dusty and not as clean as the iPhone OS. Android does have some neat features with Open SOurce. You got to love the Hero Theme on your my touch but its slow and unusable. Have fun with your my TOuch but in the long run. You will be back.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Honestly, people that want to get pissed cause they cant upgrade early, JUST because its an iphone?

Any other phone or carrier you wouldnt be able to upgrade early either. So why should it be different for an iphone anyways???

And $600-$700 is not overpriced if you compare it to any other PDA style phone on the market (retail full price).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Go somewhere
    Whats up fellas. It's been a long time since I was here. Used to be a huge iPhone fan but because Apple and AT&T want to rape me and make me pay $599 or $699 for the stupid 3GS because I wasn't eligible for an upgrade till July 2010 I canceled my contract and went with T-Mobile. Got myself a MyTouch phone with 3G data on it, 600 min with unlim tmo to tmo...unlim txtin...fave five.. and 3g data plan for about $75 a month with taxes which is super cool. I know iPhone is cool and all but man I'm in love with MyTouch. As a matter of fact I think it's even better than iPhone. I dont know if its me but Tmobile 3g data is 5 times faster on this phone than I had on my Iphone 3g with ATT.

People don't let ATT screw you over.

I bought my 3GS on craigslist for $470 and sold my 3G for $370. Maybe if you would have thought of that rather than throwing a temper tantrum you wouldn't be stuck with a MEDIOCRE AT BEST phone. AND LOLOLOLOL AT THE INTERNET BEING 5x AS FAST!!!

That was the last time Apple and AT&T got rich from me. Every year they release iPhone and MyTouch came to the market first and it had everything...MMS..VIDEO RECORDING..COPY/PASTE..EVERYTHING!!!! What did iPhone 2G have, nothing. FCK Apple and AT&T.

Lets not talk about ancient technology. Lets talk about the 3GS; which absolutely crushes your little MyTouch.

MyTouch 3G data speeds ABSOLUTELY KILL iPhone 3GS Data Speeds. Look it up online where they test it and see it for yourself. I have a friend with 3GS and almost any website MyTouch loads at least 3x faster than his 3GS. I hate fanboys. Both phones are great and iPhone is great too but I HAD 3 iphones and all that jailbreaking and unlocking does nothing but gives you problems and headaches.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Hey good luck with your plastic screen, sluggish OS, AND SLOWER 3G!

+ Reply
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast