+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone OUT - MyTouch IN

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by Sherms I had an iPhone 2G with T-Mobile, then i couldn't afford my bill so i sold my iPhone. I also had an HTC Touch Pro on
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherms View Post
    I had an iPhone 2G with T-Mobile, then i couldn't afford my bill so i sold my iPhone.

I also had an HTC Touch Pro on SPrint a while back, but same thing.

The iPhone has alot of apps, but most of them, are completely pointless. It is nice to be able to hack your phone and what not, but my personal preference is still Palms.

Not sure why, cause i know the WindowsOS is HORRID, but i can do things to those phones, most people can only dream of. I had it set up to notify me if my family, in WA state, called certain numbers, like 911 and such.

Getting stuff like that on an apple is just impossible. I think windows is alot more customisable than apple, but thats just me.

Personally i would probably go with a sidekick or a blackberry if and when i get t-mobile back. I want my data to run at the speed it should, not the speed it is limited to.

Again, just me. All phones have pros and cons, saying 1 is FAR SUPERIOR to the other is just an opinion. All it will ever be!

Then what do you have to say about the following statment: "iPhones are FAR SUPERIOR to Motorola razr's".

My guess is nothing.

And if the above statement is true and an iPhone can be far superior than a razr, then why couldn't it be far superior to any other phone? Eg; a MyTouch3G?

Let's use our brains here people.
    Last edited by seh6183; 08-23-2009 at 06:00 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

RAZR is a dumbphone, it's not in competition with a RAZR. If you need a phone just to make calls with, the RAZR is better.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    RAZR is a dumbphone, it's not in competition with a RAZR. If you need a phone just to make calls with, the RAZR is better.

Right.....

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    Then what do you have to say about the following statment: "iPhones are FAR SUPERIOR to Motorola razr's".

My guess is nothing.

And if the above statement is true and an iPhone can be far superior than a razr, then why couldn't it be far superior to any other phone? Eg; a MyTouch3G?

Let's use our brains here people.
    Yes, lets use our brains here people. The bluetooth on the razor is remarkable. Not to mention the fact that I can get a razor on t-mobile, without hacking it. So basically, the fact that i have to hack my phone to make it even work with t-mobile, would be the bigest con in phone history.

The fact that i can use a t-mobile phone, with t-mobile makes any of those phones alot more practical than using an AT&T phone with t-mobile. So your at a huge disadvantage right there.

Not to mention that the rzor works perfect, all the time. The iPhone freezes and is slow at times. So i would rather take the phone that works like it should.

Don't try to compare apples to oranges. Cause in theory, the iPhone is apples way of try to compete with Bill. And Bill is DESTROYING Jobs at everything. The Palm Pre is proof of that!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sherms View Post
    Yes, lets use our brains here people. The bluetooth on the razor is remarkable. Not to mention the fact that I can get a razor on t-mobile, without hacking it. So basically, the fact that i have to hack my phone to make it even work with t-mobile, would be the bigest con in phone history.

The fact that i can use a t-mobile phone, with t-mobile makes any of those phones alot more practical than using an AT&T phone with t-mobile. So your at a huge disadvantage right there.

Not to mention that the rzor works perfect, all the time. The iPhone freezes and is slow at times. So i would rather take the phone that works like it should.

Don't try to compare apples to oranges. Cause in theory, the iPhone is apples way of try to compete with Bill. And Bill is DESTROYING Jobs at everything. The Palm Pre is proof of that!
    which bill are you talking about?!? Bill Gates?! because.. uhh.. that has nothing to do with the Pre.

There are LOTS of phones that are locked to AT&T (any phone that you buy from AT&T!) and there are LOTS of phones that are locked to T-mobile - so that argument doesn't stand.

And my mom's Razr doesn't do what it's supposed to so often, she finally gave it up. Every friend that has ever had a Razr has reported so many problems with it. Plus, getting picture messages on that thing is a headache.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sherms View Post
    yes, lets use our brains here people. The bluetooth on the razor is remarkable. Not to mention the fact that i can get a razor on t-mobile, without hacking it. So basically, the fact that i have to hack my phone to make it even work with t-mobile, would be the bigest con in phone history.

The fact that i can use a t-mobile phone, with t-mobile makes any of those phones alot more practical than using an at&t phone with t-mobile. So your at a huge disadvantage right there.

Not to mention that the rzor works perfect, all the time. The iphone freezes and is slow at times. So i would rather take the phone that works like it should.

Don't try to compare apples to oranges. Cause in theory, the iphone is apples way of try to compete with bill. And bill is destroying jobs at everything. The palm pre is proof of that!

what in gods name are you talking about?

Banned
    Thanks

the iphone is a great toy but sucks as a phone. ive had three iphones and they were great, but then got a blackberry on a family plan with my iphone. blackberry was a lot better it just doesnt have the app store and such. (what a joke anyway) but now i got a mytouch and once you jailbreak it it's awesome. so many things you can do on it versus the iphone except getting free apps illegaly. they're both great phones but mytouch just works better. like i said iphone is more of a playtoy and ipod, the phone part of it sucks. anyway, my blackberry bold beat them all hands down on functionality, and its very loud. im a welder and cant here anything at work, but i heard everything on my blackberry. now all i gotta do is unlock my blackberry.

by the way the iphone doesnt have balls, so you guys that think your on them, your just on steves balls!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    It took Apple 2 tries before they made some improvements with the phone. How come 2G and 3G didn't have MMS ? A simple stupid MMS. And many other things. We're living in 21st century - where da hell is multi-tasking on your phone ? Your playing a game and get a txt what happens ?? BOOM you have to restart everything all over again.
    i lol'd so hard when i read this part...

What I see on these forums is mostly iPhone addicts who have no life but just spend hours and hours modifying their belived iPhones. Go out, get laid, do things instead of coming here and starting a flame war. The way you speak makes iPhone the best phone in the world LMFAO which is not true.
    oh the irony...

iPhone is a great device thats made by greedy people. So be happy spending $400 every year on iPhone.
    people who have real jobs dont care. go back to working min at your nowhere job.

I had iPhone 2G then 3G. I used BOTH OF THEM FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. I was jailbreaking unlocking modding doing that all work and for what ? So I can show off ? and be cool ? be a "cell phone geek".

To me HANDS DOWN, MyTouch just OWNS iPhone at this point. Do some research on the net, where educated, well qualified people put both phones to the tests and see which phone locks up more, which phone crashes more, which phone is FASTER when it comes to 3G and all that.

:
    geez..i just dont know what else to say. xD

Thanks

The iPhone is a little overrated you have to agree with that. Don't get me wrong I have an iPhone and I absolutely love it. But yeah we're not nerds? I love my life. I party and have fun like everyone else.
    If I helped thank me!

Thanks

nerds get laid too....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jarthurs1981 View Post

by the way the iphone doesnt have balls, so you guys that think your on them, your just on steves balls!
    Wow, are you like 12 years old? How mature.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I think both phones are great.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

there just jealous of the amazing iphone lol. but seriously i dont think it lookks very good at all. im sure it works just as good but ill stick with the iphone.

Thanks

you should have shoped around on ebay and craigslist, you would have eventually found something, without geting a long *** contract

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I hate for my first post here to be in a "touchy area" but here goes. I had an iPhone about a year ago. Gave up on it, got the BB Curve 8900, then got the new Touch Pro 2, then the MyTouch 3G. I love Android, but the MT3G is way too slow!! I rooted it and put a cooked rom on it but it was still slow, just a slow processor. So, Tuesday I took it back and got my cash back and went and bought a 32GB iPhone 3GS, unlocked it, and it is perfect. I could have lived with the slowness hoping that an update would speed it up, but the on screen keyboard was just horrible. I tried 3 different keyboards and none worked as well as the iPhone. Just FYI, the Touch Pro is an excellent device, I may even go back to it eventually, but right now I will stick with my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    nerds get laid too....
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. I must be doing something wrong then, lol. Just kidding.
    Last edited by TSquare; 09-10-2009 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

OP is getting an iPhone again

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

anyone NOT see that happening from a mile away???

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Along with what you said but also for me it is the GUI and the compatibility with the rest my MACs, I mean I know you can use mobile me on any computer but, I dunno, I just haven't found a phone that I like besides the 3gs, i dunno, maybe i am just an apple whore and don't realize it. I just think it is the easiest to use and has the most style. Everyone else is just coping. I duuno.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Good for you, glad you got away from AT&T. I know as soon as my contract is up I'm done with them and this phone. Wish I would have never switch from Sprint. I'm paying almost twice the money for half the service.
    Live and learn I guess.

Thanks

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that the MyTouch is currently #2 on the list of phones that emit the most radiation.