+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone OUT - MyTouch IN

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Someone needs to back away from the computer
...
  1. #21
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    Someone needs to back away from the computer

    Lovely

    Not

  2. #22
    What's Jailbreak? HappyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    25
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    I HAD 3 iphones and all that jailbreaking and unlocking does nothing but gives you problems and headaches.
    That is not true. It would certainly depend on what you do to your phone after jailbreaking it.

    I am not having ONE problem with mine. None. Nada. I use the web, email and MMS with no trouble. Everything works perfectly.

    One thing I do NOT do, is add in apps that do not come off the Apple store. That is where you run into trouble, IMO. I know some cannot resist tinkering with the phone and modding it like crazy (and some of the stuff tempts me too!), but expect you *will* have problems at some point if you give in to the temptation. There are many wonderful apps that are offered on Cydia, but you know, I need my phone to be reliable and not messed up. I jailbroke it to unlock it so I can use it on T-Mobile and that is it for me. My phone appears to be as reliable as my coworkers locked phone.

    I am not saying modding a phone is a bad thing, but it is a trade-off.

  3. #23
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    I have had an iPhone since the 2G launch. Now am on a 3GS. However, I'm not so naive that I can't see the MULTIPLE shortcomings of the device and the Apple "we know what's best for you" arrogance. I do still continue to use my phone (and my MacBook Pro), but, yeah some of these fanboys need at accept that the iPhone is far from perfect. What's that they say, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king? Where did I read that recently...

    If you remove yourself from Steve Job's jock long enough and step back you'll see there are many other viable options out there phone-wise, mostly oversees. And yeah, AT&T far from has their shi* together what with crippling apps to prevent 3G streaming (because they know their tired @ss network can't handle it), scrambling to get MMS implemented (again because their network can't handle the load currently), etc. GREED.

    I'm not making a case for any *specific* phone or carrier...and as I mentioned, at the end of the day, I myself am on an iPhone and a MBP- so I feel like I'm more than "eligible" to rag on Apple in general.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  4. #24
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by picassolsus View Post
    I have had an iPhone since the 2G launch. Now am on a 3GS. However, I'm not so naive that I can't see the MULTIPLE shortcomings of the device and the Apple "we know what's best for you" arrogance. I do still continue to use my phone (and my MacBook Pro), but, yeah some of these fanboys need at accept that the iPhone is far from perfect. What's that they say, in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king? Where did I read that recently...

    If you remove yourself from Steve Job's jock long enough and step back you'll see there are many other viable options out there phone-wise, mostly oversees. And yeah, AT&T far from has their shi* together what with crippling apps to prevent 3G streaming (because they know their tired @ss network can't handle it), scrambling to get MMS implemented (again because their network can't handle the load currently), etc. GREED.

    I'm not making a case for any *specific* phone or carrier...and as I mentioned, at the end of the day, I myself am on an iPhone and a MBP- so I feel like I'm more than "eligible" to rag on Apple in general.


    The topic at hand is the iPhone 3GS VS MyTouch. All the other babbling you did about "oversees" phones and AT&T's network does NOTHING for the fact that the MyTouch SUCKS. And the 3GS owns it. Unless you can prove otherwise.

  5. #25
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    819
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 59 Times in 51 Posts

    Y am I even getting involved! We all know apple tries to tell us what we wAnt, hence jailbreak. As far as holding on to steve jobs jock " ur a fool" sorry but u r. There is no device in the world that is perfect. Even at the shop I run I have to say Panasonic is flawless! Well they are NOT in anyway, shape or form. They just do what they do better than anyone else! To op go to gsmarena forums and put ur point to them fools over there. It wouldn't even b so bad if u gave a write up in the correct forum and an unbiased opinion but u came here flaming. Get ur mytouch outta here, go throw it in the road. Oh and jobs and his company are ***'s but they make a good phone

  6. #26
    iPhone? More like MyPhone picassolsus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    109
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    The topic at hand is the iPhone 3GS VS MyTouch.
    Oh-- could have fooled me judging by the bulk of the posts. You may continue your pissing contest.
    iPhone 3GS 16GB 3.0fw White + Jailbroken

  7. #27
    Green Apple Decon Meiou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by seh6183 View Post
    The topic at hand is the iPhone 3GS VS MyTouch. All the other babbling you did about "oversees" phones and AT&T's network does NOTHING for the fact that the MyTouch SUCKS. And the 3GS owns it. Unless you can prove otherwise.
    I'm sure this guy is sitting at home feeling like he's winning an argument. *hi5* buddy *hi5* You show those internet tough guys.

  8. #28
    iPhoneaholic sp00nfedem1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    East Haven, Connecticut, United States
    Posts
    368
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts

    same here, sending back both of my mytouch 3g's, black and white. taking the 3g out of retirement from the closet and back on the front burner!

  9. #29
    Developer n00neimp0rtant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,341
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 600 Times in 136 Posts

    I don't really think this is the place to be starting a discussion like this--I always thought of this as a support forum for users with an iPhone on T-Mobile, not a forum to bash the iPhone. Especially considering it is an iPhone-centric site..

    At my mall (yes, it is pretty much mine; I go there waaaay too much), there is both an Apple Store and a T-Mobile kiosk. All of the T-Mobile guys know I have an iPhone on T-Mobile, and they always ask me if I'm considering "upgrading." Haha. Well, they kinda know me by now, so they let me play with a MyTouch before it was released (yeah, I know...VIP =] ). I thought it was kinda cool, except the landscape wasn't as "compatible" as on the G1 since you could just open the screen and force it into landscape, and the actual interface seemed so incredibly laggy and slow...idk if I could deal with that, especially considering I have an iPhone 3G, which is pretty fast, let alone the 3GS.

  10. #30
    ninja of MMi cricketlang's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Draper, UT
    Posts
    2,124
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 243 Times in 218 Posts

    *Yawn*
    The beatings will continue until morale improves.

  11. #31
    iPhone? More like MyPhone bunnywhi7e's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts

    It took Apple 2 tries before they made some improvements with the phone. How come 2G and 3G didn't have MMS ? A simple stupid MMS. And many other things. We're living in 21st century - where da hell is multi-tasking on your phone ? Your playing a game and get a txt what happens ?? BOOM you have to restart everything all over again.

    What I see on these forums is mostly iPhone addicts who have no life but just spend hours and hours modifying their belived iPhones. Go out, get laid, do things instead of coming here and starting a flame war. The way you speak makes iPhone the best phone in the world LMFAO which is not true. Even Blackberry Bold outsold and crushed iPhone 3GS.

    iPhone is a great device thats made by greedy people. So be happy spending $400 every year on iPhone.

    I had iPhone 2G then 3G. I used BOTH OF THEM FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. I was jailbreaking unlocking modding doing that all work and for what ? So I can show off ? and be cool ? be a "cell phone geek".

    To me HANDS DOWN, MyTouch just OWNS iPhone at this point. Do some research on the net, where educated, well qualified people put both phones to the tests and see which phone locks up more, which phone crashes more, which phone is FASTER when it comes to 3G and all that.


  12. #32
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    153
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts

    Wow... You have to love how these threads take off! Sticking my two cents in: I am a T-Mobile user with a 3G. I love the iPhone with the exception of the camera's lack of ability to zoom (I know that 3rd party apps allow for it). I also really wish I could take advantage of the 3G speed. I remain with T-Mobile for one reason, PRICE!!!! Unlimited talk, data, and 1000 texts for $80 per month tax included. AT&T can't come close to the plans available on T-Mobile.

    In the end it seems you have to give to get in the world of cellular. I think if AT&T were competative with T-Mobile's pricing they would take alot of biz away from them in the blink of an eye. Maybe one day.......
    Last edited by sr852; 08-20-2009 at 04:30 PM.

  13. #33
    Green Apple travis_t80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    A-town
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    There are some good points being made here but seriously,

  14. #34
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    241
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 26 Times in 19 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    It took Apple 2 tries before they made some improvements with the phone. How come 2G and 3G didn't have MMS ? A simple stupid MMS. And many other things. We're living in 21st century - where da hell is multi-tasking on your phone ? Your playing a game and get a txt what happens ?? BOOM you have to restart everything all over again.

    What I see on these forums is mostly iPhone addicts who have no life but just spend hours and hours modifying their belived iPhones. Go out, get laid, do things instead of coming here and starting a flame war. The way you speak makes iPhone the best phone in the world LMFAO which is not true. Even Blackberry Bold outsold and crushed iPhone 3GS.

    iPhone is a great device thats made by greedy people. So be happy spending $400 every year on iPhone.

    I had iPhone 2G then 3G. I used BOTH OF THEM FOR MONTHS AND MONTHS. I was jailbreaking unlocking modding doing that all work and for what ? So I can show off ? and be cool ? be a "cell phone geek".

    To me HANDS DOWN, MyTouch just OWNS iPhone at this point. Do some research on the net, where educated, well qualified people put both phones to the tests and see which phone locks up more, which phone crashes more, which phone is FASTER when it comes to 3G and all that.

    :




    This guy is absolutely clueless.

  15. #35
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    T-mobile > AT&T
    Mytouch < iPhone.

    Simply put. Sucks that you can't have iPhone legitimately on T-mobile.

    Quote Originally Posted by bunnywhi7e View Post
    What I see on these forums is mostly iPhone addicts who have no life but just spend hours and hours modifying their belived iPhones. Go out, get laid, do things instead of coming here and starting a flame war. The way you speak makes iPhone the best phone in the world LMFAO which is not true. Even Blackberry Bold outsold and crushed iPhone 3GS.
    LMAO.
    you were the one that started the "flame war"
    Last edited by angiepangie; 08-20-2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

  16. #36
    Green Apple blkrazr-X1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I have own both....even with 3G speed where I live...the MT3G just can't compare to the iPhone. I forgot to mention, I am on "T" (t-mobile). It comes down to what you are willing to spend and how much you can afford. Starting a flame war or calling people "fanboys" really isn't needed. It's personal preference.

  17. #37
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    No worries, he is just a troll who can't afford a real phone. =P

  18. #38
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I had an iPhone 2G with T-Mobile, then i couldn't afford my bill so i sold my iPhone.

    I also had an HTC Touch Pro on SPrint a while back, but same thing.

    The iPhone has alot of apps, but most of them, are completely pointless. It is nice to be able to hack your phone and what not, but my personal preference is still Palms.

    Not sure why, cause i know the WindowsOS is HORRID, but i can do things to those phones, most people can only dream of. I had it set up to notify me if my family, in WA state, called certain numbers, like 911 and such.

    Getting stuff like that on an apple is just impossible. I think windows is alot more customisable than apple, but thats just me.

    Personally i would probably go with a sidekick or a blackberry if and when i get t-mobile back. I want my data to run at the speed it should, not the speed it is limited to.

    Again, just me. All phones have pros and cons, saying 1 is FAR SUPERIOR to the other is just an opinion. All it will ever be!

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sherms For This Useful Post:

    GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (08-23-2009)

  20. #39
    My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    769
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 68 Times in 64 Posts

    Yeah.. I'm waiting for the new 3G blackberry codenamed driftwood. SK is really limited too, I had one and it was a disappointment because the OS sucks.

    Lovely

    Not

  21. #40
    Custom Title angiepangie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Golden State :)
    Posts
    3,844
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked 222 Times in 211 Posts

    If you do go with T-mobile and must get a T-mobile phone, I would get either android or blackberry.
    Don't get sidekick - they suckk.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts