+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about the 9.99 plan

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I know its not "unlimited" you get like 100mb of downloads before they start charging you well i finally got it to work with internet2.voicestream.com i dont want to go
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Quick question about the 9.99 plan
    I know its not "unlimited" you get like 100mb of downloads before they start charging you

well i finally got it to work with internet2.voicestream.com

i dont want to go over my mb's so if i leave my apn to internet2.voicestream.com and enable my wireless will i still be using up my mbs?

or does it switch over?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wifi won't use MB's. If you do go over call tmobile. They'll give you slack if it was your first overage.

Thanks

So if I got my APN setting at internet2.voicestream.com
    The internet is always on right?

If I wanna use my wifi, I wont have to erase those settings?

I just dont wanna
    A. go over my Mbs
    B. Have to reset my settings each time I wanna go Wifi

Green Apple
    Thanks

Edge is always on, but, if you are connected to wifi then the EDGE service will not be accessed. If you have your email settings on fetch then turn the fetch settings to manual in the advanced settings for your email, and make sure you turn off push notifications. That is ofcourse only if you want to limit your mb's.

I do want to point one thing out, I am using unlimited web2go on my iPhone 3G with internet2.voicestream.com using the Legacy T-Mobile carrier bundle off of the modmyi.com repo. My web2go plan has unlimited MB's, and so should yours. Go to tmobile.com and check the services on the line and see if it says unlimited when you login.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I actually have the same data plan. It's very difficult to go over what you are given. I have yet to do that and I am CONSTANTLY on my iPhone surfing the web/using some sort of data related thing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks

well i look at my usage and it says
    sent 400kb
    and received 8.1 mbs

which one should i pay attention to?

i am using the 9.99 one? i heard its unlimited but you can only use 100mb?
    ill check it now

Thanks

I have no idea. I never paid attention. Currently I see

sent: 42.4 MB
    received: 508 MB

sooo I don't know. T-mobile told me my data plan isn't unlimited yet my phone works fine no matter how much I use. My services never get cut off either. Don't know if I'm being helpful or more confusing haha...

Ooooh my... I just saw my account online. My friend on my line changed the plan to unlimted web. Aha sorry... This change was made last month I wasn't aware of it. But nonetheless before when I had limited web I didn't have a problem. My usage habits haven't changed. Better call t-mobile and ask them for your data usage so far to be sure...
    Last edited by i.Annie; 08-10-2009 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

how much do you pay for the web2g0?

Thanks

Lol I don't know my friend pays my phone bill. We have some sort of bundle for the Internet and texting. We are on flexpay tho. When I had the 100mb I really didn't have a problem with my extensive usage. Tmobile said at that point it should be more than enough on a mobile phone. I mean you can't really download anything like you do from the web with a phone compared to a computer. At least I don't download like music or whatever. I use YouTube a lot too. Haven't had a problem...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Call 611 and ask if the data is unlimited or not, don't call from an iPhone though. Just use your home phone. Or you can use the online chat, but if your logged into tmobile.com you can check your services and see if it says unlimited or not, and if it doesn't, then switch to the 9.99 unlimited web2go. I've used 100mb+ at times when tethering and nothings ever really happened.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Harman_M View Post
    Call 611 and ask if the data is unlimited or not, don't call from an iPhone though. Just use your home phone. Or you can use the online chat, but if your logged into tmobile.com you can check your services and see if it says unlimited or not, and if it doesn't, then switch to the 9.99 unlimited web2go. I've used 100mb+ at times when tethering and nothings ever really happened.

hahah funny i called 611 from my iphone and got the 9.99 plan setup from it, they know i have the iphone too lol

i dont think tmobile cares, they even have tech support for the iphone casue they dont wanna lose customers

i ask specifically for the 9.99 web2go plan added just to my line and they were hesitant at first but they did it, and the last time i did this a few months ago i couldnt get it to work,so i removed it, now i got it to work finally.

this is what is says when i goto tmobile.com

copy pasted from the site
    "
    Services on this phone

These services are specific to your line and in addition to the shared services listed above.

Edit these services

Unlimited Web for phones"

when i go check usage it only lists my minutes and text (unlimited)

nothing about mbs

but is it truly unlimited? i dont do much dling either, just surfing and maybe youtube it up, my sent is at 800kb and recieved is at 12mbs now and thats from playing lil online app games

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

It's truly unlimited. I streamed over 100mb with Pandora on my iPhone last cycle and I had no problems. I have the 19.99 Web2Go Data+Messaging unlimited.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    It's truly unlimited. I streamed over 100mb with Pandora on my iPhone last cycle and I had no problems. I have the 19.99 Web2Go Data+Messaging unlimited.
    whats the difference between yours and mine then? is it the messaging part? the reason why i didnt opt for that one is because the plan i have already has unlimited text messaging

the higher the price the higher the speed of download you get?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by supasekziaznboi View Post
    whats the difference between yours and mine then? is it the messaging part? the reason why i didnt opt for that one is because the plan i have already has unlimited text messaging

the higher the price the higher the speed of download you get?
    There is no difference really, T-Mobile labels plans differently for whatever reason. Blackberry and Sidekick plans cost the same as the Smartphone plan but they all have different labels

Lovely

Not

Thanks

I just got off the phone with customer rep from tmobile and yeah its truley unlimited, they said that if i am using it too much they will just slow down my speed thats it but they said theyve never had to do that lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah, they don't want people tethering 24/7. Just try not to go over 5GB or they might throttle you, although I never managed that.

Thanks

I'm looking at my bill online right now it say data used 28/unlimted

Green Apple
    Thanks

The $9.99 for phones plan used to be 100MB but now it's unlimited. Asked the month they switched over and they said it cost more to monitor it than it was worth, so it's unlimited for regular phones. Smartphone users can't get the $9.99 plan, but they can't really PROVE you're using an iPhone I guess.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrhoward View Post
    The $9.99 for phones plan used to be 100MB but now it's unlimited. Asked the month they switched over and they said it cost more to monitor it than it was worth, so it's unlimited for regular phones. Smartphone users can't get the $9.99 plan, but they can't really PROVE you're using an iPhone I guess.
    Oh no they know you're using an iphone but I THINK the reality is that technically you're using a smart phone but not a smart phone that they outright support therefore it's no different than being on RAZR hard to charge 24.99 for a phone that wouldn't be getting the 3G that actually worked sometimes in my 3G area
    on my berry

Thanks

cool