+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! How can I get my locked activated AT&T iPhone on tmobile pre paid?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok so I have AT&T plan which I pay about 120 monthly for an iPhone...now I've done research and found that it's possible to use tmobile sidekck 1/day plan. However
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Help!! How can I get my locked activated AT&T iPhone on tmobile pre paid?
    Ok so I have AT&T plan which I pay about 120 monthly for an iPhone...now I've done research and found that it's possible to use tmobile sidekck 1/day plan. However my research has told me that the steps are different for 3.0 then 2.2...so my exact question is what is the cheapest tmobile plan pay as you go plan for text,unlimted web, and minutes. And what is the step by step guide to do it with 3.0 ...also do I need to use unlockit.co.nz for apn setting changes. Thank you and please don't reply saying look for the anwser clearly I have I knew none of this before lol!

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

jailbreak it, install ultrasnow, and install the tmobile prepaid bundle in the "T-Mobile USA Carrier Bundle" thread

iPhone? More like MyPhone Oliver350Z's Avatar
    Thanks

I can't help you decide for cheapest plans...
    But I can help you set up your phone for it.

- Upgrade to Firmware 3.0
    - Jailbreak it with redsn0w (download from web)
    - Unlock it with ultrasn0w (using cydia)

And you are ready to go...
    Just so you know, there are reports of MMS not working with SideKick plan, so if you are an MMS fan, you might want to think about another plan.

Also, you will only need to use unlockit.co.nz, if you do not see CELLULAR DATA NETWORK menu after you Jailbreak / Unlock it...

There is also a way to activate the CELLULAR DATA NETWORK via SSH, it's a bit more complicated though.
    Housekeepin'?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok thank you I should have already mentioned that I am jailbroken on 3.0 should I restore to 3.0 before ultrasnow? Also use cydia version or pc version of ultrasnow? And after I unlock do I need a certain sim card I'm assuming my AT&T sim won't work

Thanks

If you are already JB just install UltraSn0w and away you go.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you all I just downloaded ultrasnow from cydia I don't see a icon on home screen ?...my next question is what do I need from tmobile I went on website gonna get the side kick plan how do I get it I saw a sim card on there for 9.99 is that it? Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There is no icon for ultrasn0w, which is good.
    If I helped thank me!

Green Apple
    Thanks

What about the tmobile question??

Thanks

I have T-Mobile W'n'W Plus
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Ok so I just got off the phone with tmobile and ordered the sim that will work to get the side kick plan..$7.49 what min plan to get

Also am I doing this correct... Install ultrasnow,buy sim from tmobile, add side kick plan and min plan (prepaid)?
    Last edited by kingjames2586; 08-06-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

The minutes are at a rate of 15 cents a minute with the SK Prepaid.

If you need more minutes than maybe 100 a month, you should get Flexpay.

Lovely

Not

Thanks

flex pay is good, i had it when i was with t-mobile.. I used a sk and a g1.. before I fell in love with the iphone and decided to pay a deposit to get it with att.

Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've been using this method on my unlocked iPhone 3G for a couple weeks now, and just today, the Edge internet stopped working for me. What's strange is that I can check and send emails using the mail app, but any other app I've tried that uses the internet (Safari, Facebook, Cydia) fails. Does anyone know what might be going on? I wasn't using any of the carrier bundles.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is the edg the same speed as AT&T edge?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on the area but EDGE on AT&T and T-Mobile is pretty much the same

Lovely

Not

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Min View Post
    I've been using this method on my unlocked iPhone 3G for a couple weeks now, and just today, the Edge internet stopped working for me. What's strange is that I can check and send emails using the mail app, but any other app I've tried that uses the internet (Safari, Facebook, Cydia) fails. Does anyone know what might be going on? I wasn't using any of the carrier bundles.
    I'm having the same issues here in SF. I've on a Prepaid Sidekick plan and have been running the corresponding carrier bundle. All of a sudden today the internet is just not working, not even mail. What's going on...?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im in NJ same Issue edge stopped working for me Saturday morning. Im also on Tmobile on my 3.0 3G Iphone. Email is the only thing that works. No Safari, Weather, nothing. WTFF

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Update us... LOL those SK plans, do they charge you a dollar a day no matter what, or if you use it... like the regular plans?

And with the regular pre-paid, can you get internet, or mail access on it at all? Does anyone have this? thanks..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.