+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Enabled on T-Mobile?!

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I restored my iPhone last night and installed ultrasn0w and the device rebooted automatically after a black screen with spinning gears (never saw that before?) and I let it
    ft1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default 3G Enabled on T-Mobile?!
    So I restored my iPhone last night and installed ultrasn0w and the device rebooted automatically after a black screen with spinning gears (never saw that before?) and I let it sync overnight to the computer.

I never manually went in and turned data roaming on and 3G off since the device rebooted.

Today I woke up to a phone call. Later I went into my settings to see if MMS and the right APN settings were there and to my surprise with good service and receving texts, 3G was enabled, data roaming was off.

The phones working fine...how could this be? I searched but couldn't find anything...I know it has to do with the iPhone hardware lacking the ability to pick up T-Mobile's frequency but could this in any way have to do with the new myTouch 3G??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3G Enabled on T-Mobile?!-photo.jpg  

Thanks

It may be on but I doubt you're using it. The only way to tell is to run a speedtest.

ft1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by soulthoughts View Post
    It may be on but I doubt you're using it. The only way to tell is to run a speedtest.
    yes i know...because w/o wifi i have the E for edge, no 3G icon...

but isn't their 3G voice in addition to just data, could i be on 3G voice?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    The switch is on, but your connected to wifi... -_-?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I did it too, and its working on my phone. Thing is its only EDGE data i am getting at the moment.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It wont happened, and it wont worked. T-mobile's 3G is not compatible to the iphone one! HSDPA/1700Mhz is T-mobile HSDPA/2100mhz is ATT.

Simple T- mobile is Cheap!

ft1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes my wifi is on because obviously I used wifi at home.

the thing is that this NEVER worked before....any one who has jailbroken knows that you had to disable 3G for it to work...so is it possible T-Mobile put up new towers?
    Last edited by ft1; 08-03-2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

*Shrugs*

I've always been able to toggle 3G on T-Mobile.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

You'll be able to turn it on, and even get upload ability.. but nothing more. That's what happened with me at least.. no download but upload.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 08-03-2009 at 01:45 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Well if you can upload on 3G then hmm i wonder how good it would look if i stream on qik or ustream.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Oliver350Z's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ft1 View Post
    .so is it possible T-Mobile put up new towers?
    How about you do a SpeedTest before asking those questions?
    Housekeepin'?

ft1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver350Z View Post
    How about you do a SpeedTest before asking those questions?
    Thanks for the advice. Next time, I will. However, I just posted it so that I could opinions from all the smart people on this forum. I thought it might have something to do with the myTouch utilizing 3G, and although a long shot at best, I still put it out there to see what people had to say.

But thanks again for your advice. Really. I appreciate it.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It may be your luck! LOL

iPhone? More like MyPhone Oliver350Z's Avatar
    Thanks

So....................................

How about that SpeedTest?
    Housekeepin'?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try switching the wifi OFF and Enable 3G ON and let's see what pops up on your screen.... I bet its "E"

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Happened to me once. Didn't really affect anything except my battery ilfe . It ate my battery like crazy so I turned it off. I think my phone was confused... never happened again and NEVER WILL. I had 20% battery after an hour -.-

Thanks

Yeah, I'm pretty sick of cell phone companies being so stingy and greedy with their 3G technology. With T-Mobile using "special" frequencies only compatible on their phones so unlockers can't use it, and AT&T disallowing original iPhone customers access to the 3G network unless they tack on an extra $10 fee to their data plans (if they would happen to get a 3G passed down to them or buy on one eBay), it's getting ridiculous. It's obvious that 3G is the new technology and is here to stay, but even a company like Verizon, which I despise because of their CDMA service-locked-to-phone ********, has enough sense to make 3G the standard on all--and I mean ALL of their phones today. When was the last time you saw a Verizon phone that didn't have the "EV" bars at the top?

There should be no such thing as "proprietary technology." Anti-standards are nothing more than ways to get customers to buy into themselves. I can't wait till the day that the government "blackphones" the cellular market and makes everything standard, including no such thing as locked devices.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IndianCheese View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sick of cell phone companies being so stingy and greedy with their 3G technology. With T-Mobile using "special" frequencies only compatible on their phones so unlockers can't use it, and AT&T disallowing original iPhone customers access to the 3G network unless they tack on an extra $10 fee to their data plans (if they would happen to get a 3G passed down to them or buy on one eBay), it's getting ridiculous. It's obvious that 3G is the new technology and is here to stay, but even a company like Verizon, which I despise because of their CDMA service-locked-to-phone ********, has enough sense to make 3G the standard on all--and I mean ALL of their phones today. When was the last time you saw a Verizon phone that didn't have the "EV" bars at the top?

There should be no such thing as "proprietary technology." Anti-standards are nothing more than ways to get customers to buy into themselves. I can't wait till the day that the government "blackphones" the cellular market and makes everything standard, including no such thing as locked devices.
    Amen I mean seriously unlike the AT&T folks I shelled out well over a grand for our two phones at best buy w/out a plan so I own my phone it wasn't underwritten by a 2 year slave contract that resets everytime I want to make a change. If you wanna buy a phone and use it with your preferred service that WORKS where you live that is your right