Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Tmobile on 3gs?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RaginAsian55's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Tmobile on 3gs?
    I'm wondering if anyone on Tmobile out there has been using the 3gS so far- unlocked and jailbroken. I have an opportunity to purchase one from a friend, but I'm wondering if I should just get a 3G instead.

Does MMS work? (both pictures and video)
    How's the voice control with tmobile?

I'm using the $9.99 unlimited web data plan for EDGE connection.

any feedback with Tmobile on the 3GS is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks

I have the 3G but T-mobile should work great on the 3GS (lots of good feedback )
    MMS will work if you put in the settings.
    Voice control has nothing to do with the network.

If you have the opportunity to get the 3GS at a good price, go for it.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I know there are other threads about the MMS settings for the 3G- it's the same settings for the 3GS? Will I need to "activate" the 3GS MMS capability? Sorry for all the question, I'm on a 2g so jumping up to he 3GS will be a big learning experience for me.

Also, MMS decreases the battery life on 2g, does it do the same for 3G/3GS?

Thanks

Yes activating MMS is the same on the 3G and 3GS (and 2G minus the activatemms2g hack)
    Nope, just put in the settings and you're good to go (unless you have AT&T.. which you said you have T-mobile).

Not sure about the battery life but I haven't noticed anything noticeable since MMS so idk.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

I have 3 gs on Tmobile. Used purplerain and ultrasnow, everything works great.

It works just like the 3G.. EDGE data network. The extra ram on the 3G S is worth it over a 3G if you're getting a price that isn't ridiculous.

I've been using the 3gs for a few weeks now, and I feel it is completely worth it. It's basically the same great design of the 3g, but the performance difference is like a 200% difference. Using a normal 3g now makes me want to throw it against the wall lol. All mms works fine, voice control is provided by the phone not AT&T so it works perfectly, in fact the only thing that doesn't work 100% like a normal AT&T phone is that it doesn't get 3g. But then again U'll have video and picture messaging before them. If you have the oppurtunity to get one from a friend and you know he took care of it, it'll be your favorite thing of 2009

Also I forgot to mention the new battery life is amazing, I finally can charge my phone ever other night instead of everynight. If you have any more questions let me know, I'm posting from my phone so I could find anything on the fly.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 08-02-2009 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just got the 3gS!! jailbroke and unlocked with redsn0w and ultrasn0w!! Zero problems so far!! (wifi and winterboard working, get good service-- AMAZING SOUND compared to 2g!)

Further question about 3gs mms- the picture quality is terrible!! My MMS settings are from the "Tmobile MMS 3.0 3g" post... any help is appreciate! Thanks!!

Thanks

I just took the full on carrier bundle from cydia works great I use the postpaid one the third one

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MREY For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (08-11-2009)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MREY View Post
    I just took the full on carrier bundle from cydia works great I use the postpaid one the third one
    Which internet plan are you using? I'm using web2go with internet2 cellular APN... Also, what's the carrier bundle called in cydia?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Chefanim's Avatar
    Thanks

get the carrier bundle from the thread here in the T-Mobile section, the descriptions are much clearer, then just use iTunes to add it to the phone.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Chefanim For This Useful Post:

RaginAsian55 (08-11-2009)

Thanks

Used "SpookyET" Tmobile Carrier Bundles downloaded from the Cydia "Tweaks" Section. I used the "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy" bundle. MMS looks great (from testing only) and internet/maps work perfectly. I'm using the $9.99 unlimited web2go plan and use internet2.voicestream.com for my cellular APN...

Even though this bundle worked it's weird that now when I go to "Settings>General>Network" there's no more option for "Cellular Data Network" anymore- where I would have otherwise manually entered my MMS options...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaginAsian55 View Post
    Used "SpookyET" Tmobile Carrier Bundles downloaded from the Cydia "Tweaks" Section. I used the "T-Mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid Legacy" bundle. MMS looks great (from testing only) and internet/maps work perfectly. I'm using the $9.99 unlimited web2go plan and use internet2.voicestream.com for my cellular APN...

Even though this bundle worked it's weird that now when I go to "Settings>General>Network" there's no more option for "Cellular Data Network" anymore- where I would have otherwise manually entered my MMS options...
    Spooky blocked all of that in the thread related to it for those who know what they're doing it explains how to remove that line so you can play with it but the bundle is set up in such a way that there is no need for it
    I believe it was the MMS on 3.0 thread but I can verify if you'd like

Quote Originally Posted by Chefanim View Post
    get the carrier bundle from the thread here in the T-Mobile section, the descriptions are much clearer, then just use iTunes to add it to the phone.
    it's actually just as easy to dowload direct from cydia and less chance of someone (as has happened) screwing up when they hook up to itunes
    extra note btw
    for some you may need to reset network settings reboot download reset network settings reboot in order to have it work
    mayy seem silly but that's been the most common problem
    Last edited by MREY; 08-11-2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh that's funny. On my 2g I just used ipcc's to get my settings.

Anyway, if I delete the cydia package then, will it reveal my cellular network settings again? Just in case I need to change my cellular APN at some future point in time...

Thanks

That should do it for ya but I would say leave it be it really takes care of everythig for ya and thus far Spooky is good about updating the bundle
    if you look under I beilieve the carrier bundle thread you'll see the instructions from me on how to fix it if I recall you're pretty savvy so I'm sure it would be easy for you

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

im going to try this once i get my iphone