Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Auto time set" doesn't work with T-Mobile SIM?

Default "Auto time set" doesn't work with T-Mobile SIM?
    I noticed today that the "auto time set" feature on the iPhone doesn't work if you insert a T-Mobile SIM into the phone, the selection for "set automatically disappears", if you put a AT&T sim in it comes back!

Why is that?

You have to install a carrier bundle to have that option come up. Look at the carrier bundle sticky on top and choose the one for your data plan.

Huh? I don't get it...you have to do all that just to get the "set automatic" time feature back? Screw that I'll just set it myself.

Not much to do, you can download in cydia, just make sure you get the one with the apn's that you use for data.

I don't have a data plan, I have access to Wi-Fi 99.9% of the time, I don't see the need to pay 24.99 to T-Mobile. Besides why should you have to do this just to get the automatic time feature back? Seems strange...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Well, can't say for sure about 3.0, but it works for 2.2.1 without installing anything. The only reason to install any carrier stuff on 2.2.1 is to get a custom icon.

that changed on 3.0, need carrier bundle now. Don't know why.

Yes I know it worked in 2.X as I used the phone back then as well. So if I don't have a data plan I can't make this APN change that you are talking about?

And whats the "custom icon" you are referring to? You talking about the pink T-Mobile logo you can get via Cydia? If so does that mean I can't upgrade my logo anymore with Cydia unless I modify the APN? Geez...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    ...And whats the "custom icon" you are referring to? You talking about the pink T-Mobile logo you can get via Cydia? If so does that mean I can't upgrade my logo anymore with Cydia unless I modify the APN? Geez...
    Yep (carrier logos, Crispier T-Mobile, custom,etc) There's still a few 'lingering' issues/questions about 3.0 -- too many for my comfort level. And these stupid .ipcc files ..... no manual configuration anymore?. Not nice

a carrier bundle makes TM a known carrier on the iphone, without it it just uses a generic bundle and that is why the date setting is not there. If you use one of the bundles from cydia (anyone since you do not have data) it will give you the date option. The only problem I see is that the data apn's will be set. And your phone will try and use edge for email and stuff when not on wifi, I do not know if you will get charged or if it will just not go through.

In those bundles the logo is a standard "T-Mobile" text, so it will always show the full name and not the T-.... that you may get sometimes.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Anijake For This Useful Post:

Mes (08-01-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anijake View Post
    a carrier bundle makes TM a known carrier on the iphone, without it it just uses a generic bundle and that is why the date setting is not there. If you use one of the bundles from cydia (anyone since you do not have data) it will give you the date option. The only problem I see is that the data apn's will be set. And your phone will try and use edge for email and stuff when not on wifi, I do not know if you will get charged or if it will just not go through.

In those bundles the logo is a standard "T-Mobile" text, so it will always show the full name and not the T-.... that you may get sometimes.
    OK. That what I thought. I've seen the T... or V.... or S... ??? because I travel a lot and use various carriers SIMs. But I think there was always the option for set-time. Guess that one of the 3.0 changes.