Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid iPhone 2G/3.0FW [Newbie Question]

Default Prepaid iPhone 2G/3.0FW [Newbie Question]
    Hi everyone!

I have an Unlocked/Jailbroken iPhone 2G running 3.0 FW and I use a regular prepaid card. I read that some people can have data on their iPhones with the sidekick prepaid plan, so I am thinking on switching to this sidekick plan but before I do that I want to know what do I need to do to enable the data on my iPhone? or if is it even possible (based on my specs) If someone could please be so kind to point me to the right post, I'll be very grateful.

Thank you very much!

I also have a 2G running 3.0 and am on the prepaid Sidekick plan. You can actually switch to a prepaid Sidekick plan on the my.t-mobile website. The plan is $1/day (regardless if you use your phone) and $0.15/minute for calls. The $1 includes all internet, data, and texts. There are some people that claim MMS works but it is $0.25 a message. I've never been able to get it to work, though.

If you switch to the Sidekick plan, I would go on Cydia and download the T-Mobile US - Prepaid Sidekick package. It adds the APN for data as well as other things so you don't have to worry about it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwfgeol For This Useful Post:

miwel (07-30-2009)

Thank you so much jwfgeol I wish I knew this before. I tried it and it worked perfectly.

Thanks again