+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: using my g1 plan for the iphone

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
hello all, i was wondering if i could use my g1 plan for my 2g 3.0 ipod. if i am able to use the plan, what would i have to
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Smile using my g1 plan for the iphone
    hello all, i was wondering if i could use my g1 plan for my 2g 3.0 ipod. if i am able to use the plan, what would i have to change so that i would be able to get online, if not, would the web2go plan work. thanx in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

Yes, you can use the G1 plan.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

smiley808 (07-28-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

do i have to input any changes into the settings and if i do, what and where do i put them into. thank you

Thanks

Not on your iPod; the iPod doesn't have the antenna nor other hardware necessary for on-the-go mobile internet browsing...
    Respect your elders.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

sorry i meant the iphone

i have a g1 right now and i want to use an iphone instead. called tmo up to ask about a data plan and they said that i have to sign up for the smartphone plan which is 10 dollars more than the g1 plan. wondering if i could just use the g1 plan instead and if i can, what changes would i have to make. or would the web2go plan be better

i have a g1 right now and i want to use an iphone instead. called tmo up to ask about a data plan and they said that i have to sign up for the smartphone plan which is 10 dollars more than the g1 plan. wondering if i could just use the g1 plan instead and if i can, what changes would i have to make. or would the web2go plan be better
    Last edited by smiley808; 07-28-2009 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

^Oh, no. Then as cadi said I think you're fine with just the G1 plan...
    Respect your elders.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smiley808 View Post
    sorry i meant the iphone

once you mention iphone to tmobile, they will try to steal as much money as possible from you.
    my 5.99 plan from my motorola razr works fine, and i have full internet access. That being said, i'm pretty much your g1 plan will work fine with the iphone (as long as you had internet on the g1).||

Get the iphone, unlock it, download the appropriate carrier bundle (from the sticky), and enjoy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

smiley808 (07-29-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

will the download screw up the jailbreaking ? sorry for asking, but just want to make sure since i do not know how to reunlock and rejailbreak the phone myself

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no im doing it i have iphone 3g and im using the iphone just fine you just have to add something to the apn in the cellular settings... if you have any other question you can AIM me my sn is NggGIo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i don't have the 3g, it is a 2g firmware 3.0 unlocked and jailbroken, what do i have to put in the apn

i am able to get online but now i cannot view youtube and i also can't send and receive mms. any help would be appreciated

Thank you all for the help. With all the great advice and reading the other threads, I was able to get things working. Again, thank you all
    Last edited by smiley808; 07-29-2009 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Go to settings > general > ensure that data roaming is on > go into celluar data network > APN: epc.tmobile.com

I have the G1 plan and it works flawlessly.

If you need MMS, go to Cydia and install the Activate2gMMS. Than, go back to Celluar Data Network, underneath APN sohlud be a MMS section. Than you will enter in the tmobile MMS settings which you can find on google or on this board. Reset phone. Voila!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to itsmejdn For This Useful Post:

smiley808 (07-30-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank you itsmejdn, i will give it a try. as of right now, i am able to get online and receive picture messages, but it is a little blurry. hopefully your advise will help make the pictures come out clearer.

downloaded the activate2gmms, but when i get to the reboot screen, it doesn't reboot, i hold down the power and home button, then when the phone turns on, there is no icon for the mms messenging. do i need to have the icon? it is downloaded into the phone because when i do a search for the app, it has the modify button.
    Last edited by smiley808; 07-30-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 9,529 Times in 5,848 Posts

There is no icon on the springboard, it is in within messages. When you open messages you should see a little picture of a camera on the left of the field your typing in. That is how attach a picture.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to blkcadi For This Useful Post:

smiley808 (07-31-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thank u for the help, i really appreciate it........