+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Data-only plan?

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
What are the options for getting a data-only (ie EDGE only, no phone, no MMS) plan from T-mobile to work on a 2nd gen? I just bought a used 3G
    Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Data-only plan?
    What are the options for getting a data-only (ie EDGE only, no phone, no MMS) plan from T-mobile to work on a 2nd gen?

I just bought a used 3G off eBay, and I've been searching around for getting a data-only plan. I've browsed this forum and the internet quite a bit, but the info is still quite confusing to me and mostly seem to be oriented towards people who already have a phone plan and want to add on a data plan on top of that.

The one site that seemed relative to my interests was this: Cheap Data Only iPhone Plan (iData). | Tutorial Ninjas, but I've seen nothing to corroborate the info in there.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The Sidekick prepaid plan has worked for several people here, including myself. There's a number of topics about it if you search a bit more. It's not difficult to setup and use the SK plan with an unlocked iPhone (there's guides and even pre-made IPCC/carrier files in this forum). You will get unlimited SMS & data for $1/day.

However, there's no guarantee the plan will always work in the future (considering it's supposed to be for a Sidekick), but it has worked for the past 6 months so who knows for sure if T-Mobile cares enough to lock it down.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

Min (07-27-2009)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm on the prepaid Sidekick plan for $1/day, and it's working great

Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, thank you. I guess I'll do a bit more searching around this forum for threads with the word "Sidekick."

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

You can also get the Blackberry data plan for $30 which includes 300 messages. This is for flex/post-paid.

Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    You can also get the Blackberry data plan for $30 which includes 300 messages. This is for flex/post-paid.
    That sounds like a good option, given that the Sidekick plan costs slightly more without the hack. But do you need a Blackberry first in order to activate that?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

When adding any plan they ask for an IMEI, so yeah you would need the IMEI of a blackberry. I had a pearl before my iPhone with flexpay so the plan was already there. The rep would have kept it for me but I changed it over to Web2Go since I wanted a voice plan. On my order sheet it says "FlexPay MC Blackberry".

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL For This Useful Post:

Min (07-29-2009)

Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    When adding any plan they ask for an IMEI, so yeah you would need the IMEI of a blackberry. I had a pearl before my iPhone with flexpay so the plan was already there. The rep would have kept it for me but I changed it over to Web2Go since I wanted a voice plan. On my order sheet it says "FlexPay MC Blackberry".
    So does that mean I need a Sidekick to activate the Sidekick plan?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I registered for my Sidekick prepaid plan with the IMEI of my iPhone, so I don't think it really matters.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EricJD For This Useful Post:

Min (07-31-2009)

Min
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by EricJD View Post
    I registered for my Sidekick prepaid plan with the IMEI of my iPhone, so I don't think it really matters.
    Alright, thanks. I did just that and it seems to have worked out perfectly.