+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Had a thought... wanted to share..

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So we all know the 3G doesn't work on tmo cuz it's different frequencies yea? So I'm wondering how much noise can we generate thru the community to get tmobile
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Had a thought... wanted to share..
    So we all know the 3G doesn't work on tmo cuz it's different frequencies yea?

So I'm wondering how much noise can we generate thru the community to get tmobile to change or add a frequency so we can?

Yes I know, I can hear you now, it's practically impossible, they already have 3g phones on their frequency why would they change...

But if many iphone users start switching to tmobile, and we want the ability to use our 3g, wouldn't it behoove them to pay attention to the fact that we're a consumer, and we as consumers demand a service?

Just a thought... I'd be willing to sign a petition, call tmobile, twitter the **** outta to tmobile, whatever.. but I'd like to see if this can happen, hell the only thing it takes is a call to tmobile to say hey, can you add a 3g frequency for us iphone 3g users?

If you hear it enough times... you may get some result.

Just a thought...
    Don't forget to say THANKS!

J.D.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to phreakwenci For This Useful Post:

JamesRiot (07-24-2009)

Thanks

Honestly? I think this isn't a terrible idea. T-Mobile seems to be one of the few companies saying, "Oh, you have an unlocked iPhone? Yeah, we'll help you out."

It'll probably be like the MMS resolution issue, petitions and Twitter won't get as much change as people calling and vocalizing their concerns will.

...and thanks for posting this in general. I didn't know that the 3G on the iPhone was a different frequency than T-Mobile's. Glad I'm holding off on upgrading from my 2G.