+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i have 2 questions. help on eihter would be amazing

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
so i plugged in my iphone to my computer and for some reason it deleted all of my music. However, when i plug it into itunes it says that the
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i have 2 questions. help on eihter would be amazing
    so i plugged in my iphone to my computer and for some reason it deleted all of my music. However, when i plug it into itunes it says that the space on my iphone that was taken up by music,videos..etc is now other. i cant delete it. Any ideas?

Another question (this one pretaining to t-mobile... i think). is there any way at all to save my contacts if i end up having to reformat it. i dont feel like getting everyones number again.
    Last edited by jbtr91; 07-19-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,598 Times in 5,890 Posts

Yup, just sync your iPhone. Since you have told us what kind of computer Mac/PC just sync to address book, or Google address book, outlook.
    As far as your phone, not sure very weird, you may have to restore.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbtr91 View Post
    so i plugged in my iphone to my computer and for some reason it deleted all of my music. However, when i plug it into itunes it says that the space on my iphone that was taken up by music,videos..etc is now other. i cant delete it. Any ideas?

Another question (this one pretaining to t-mobile... i think). is there any way at all to save my contacts if i end up having to reformat it. i dont feel like getting everyones number again.
    backup your contacts in itunes (its one of those tabs in the phone part)

looks like your stuck with a fresh restore unfortunately.

But when your back up, you'll have everything back on your phone (ringers, texts, apps, etc)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

jbtr91 (07-19-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i backed up my contacts and stuff. now how do i jailbreak my new 3.0 ipod. whenever i try to with red snow it gets stuck in the reboot screen right before its supposed to jailbreak it. i think this may be due to the fact that it never asks me to find the bootloaders. any suggestions?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbtr91 View Post
    ok i backed up my contacts and stuff. now how do i jailbreak my new 3.0 ipod. whenever i try to with red snow it gets stuck in the reboot screen right before its supposed to jailbreak it. i think this may be due to the fact that it never asks me to find the bootloaders. any suggestions?
    unlocking has nothing to do with bootloaders anymore (at least for the time being)

How long does it get "stuck" for? If you haven't left it there for over 5 minutes, i would start there. Also make sure nothing has popped up in the background asking for your approval or your password or something like that.

I've never jailbroken an ipod, but i'd assume its the same as the iphone.. which i've done over a dozen, under 15 mins each.