Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: setting up sidekick $1/day prepaid

Default setting up sidekick $1/day prepaid
    Assuming I can use a prepaid sidekick plan on an unlocked 2G, do I need to have a sidekick in order to activate the sim card, or can I just walk into tmobile and buy the card itself?

I bought a new unused prepaid sim off of ebay and set it up online on the sidekick plan. The seller did include a sidekick imei number to use during registration of my prepaid sim though. I am sure you could find a sidekick imei by doing a goole search.

I bought a prepaid phone at Wal-Mart for under $20 and activated the phone online (it comes with a SIM) as a 'pay as you go' account. You enter the IMEI of the prepaid phone. You can then switch to the sidekick prepaid plan online without giving another IMEI and put the SIM in your iPhone. I did this last night and am up and running with no problems.

I registered for the Sidekick prepaid plan with the IMEI of my iPhone, and I haven't had any problems. I don't think it really matters

Quote Originally Posted by jwfgeol View Post
    I bought a prepaid phone at Wal-Mart for under $20 and activated the phone online (it comes with a SIM) as a 'pay as you go' account. You enter the IMEI of the prepaid phone. You can then switch to the sidekick prepaid plan online without giving another IMEI and put the SIM in your iPhone. I did this last night and am up and running with no problems.
    So once I have a regular old t-mobile prepaid account set up, I can switch it online to the sidekick plan? I do have an old t-mobile prepaid phone and sim card from several years ago that have long since expired. Any idea if I can reactivate that sim?

Thanks for the help with my noob questions

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

You need to call and ask customer service about re-activating the old sim.

if they anything like AT&T they'll make u get a new one