Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlocked iphone got charged every 15 mins

Default Unlocked iphone got charged every 15 mins
    Hi, there

I just unlocked my iphone and it seems working, itune, wifi and email. However, it got charged every 15 mins for $0.01 if I put sim in. I'm using cingular prepaid. I know it's not much but I can't just leave it like that.
    Does anyone here has similar problem? Thank you all!
    Last edited by fatg57; 09-24-2007 at 07:04 PM.

Sounds most likely that you set up a mail account to auto-check for new emails.

Go into Settings -> Mail And look for the "Auto-check" feature... If its not set to manual, this is your problem, otherwise I really dunno...

I just checked my iphone, there is no such option like auto-check.

Is it possible that iphone tried EDGE network and get some data. In this way, my prepaid got charged? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    Sounds most likely that you set up a mail account to auto-check for new emails.

Go into Settings -> Mail And look for the "Auto-check" feature... If its not set to manual, this is your problem, otherwise I really dunno...
    Last edited by fatg57; 09-24-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Are you serious... there most certainly is an auto check. Learn your phone!

>settings>mail> (auto check)

Right in front of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Truckerbear View Post
    Are you serious... there most certainly is an auto check. Learn your phone!

>settings>mail> (auto check)

Right in front of you!
    Not if you haven't configured a mail account...

I setup my email account already and can get email. But there is no Auto check option in email. I think we used different unlock code.

I think I find the reason. My iphone got charged for usage of Edge network. In fact, I'm using WIFI for internet access, not sure how edge network comes in. It seems the only way to have option of open-close edge network is by using Iunlock code, while I used anysim. There is a way to change it by modifying file in iphone. You can find it on line. Hope it helps some other guys here.
    Last edited by fatg57; 09-24-2007 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Default your mistaken
    you got to have this menu in your mail settings ..in your setting icon

fatg57, i don't have this auto-check feature either. I'm thinking its because I am not connected to the edge network. I currently use tmobile with my phone, which uses t-zones, which I think is like edge. But they are currently disabled. Are you in the same situations? Maybe this is why we don't have the auto-check feature.

Edit: actually are you using a yahoo mail account? If so read this

"11. Provide push e-mailMost smart phone platforms offer an option for push e-mail (e-mail delivered to the phone automatically as it arrives) that can be configured through a service provider or corporate e-mail system. The iPhone offers push e-mail only when you use a Yahoo Mail account. You can configure access to other e-mail accounts, but you will not receive e-mails as they arrive. Instead you need to actively check for new mail using the iPhone's Mail application or set up the auto-check option, which allows automatic checking only at 15-, 30-, or 60-minute intervals."

from http://www.simplyfreeiphone.co.uk/index.html (blog site)

I'm guessing because yahoo has push email, it doesn't need the option to auto-check at those specified intervals.
    Last edited by xply; 10-01-2007 at 11:28 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka cash7c3
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,278 Times in 652 Posts

carrier discussion, moved to correct forum

Help us help you. Please respect our site by posting in the correct forums in the future.