+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I've got a iPhone 2G - and I want a 3GS

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Ok - The title says it all... I am a pharmacy student, and use LexiComp exclusively as my drug compendia - I really want the incredibly quick speeds of the
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default I've got a iPhone 2G - and I want a 3GS
    Ok - The title says it all...

I am a pharmacy student, and use LexiComp exclusively as my drug compendia - I really want the incredibly quick speeds of the 3GS. However, I love my 5.99 Tzones w/ unlimited txts and fav 5 that comes in at 56.xx per month after taxes.

Can I simply walk in to an Apple store, hand them my iphone 2G and say I want to buy a 3GS at the non-upgrade price?

Or is it better to get a 3GS at the discounted price, wait 30 days then cancel and pay ETF??? I have heard that there is a bing / Live coupon I can use to purchase the phone online as well.

Thoughts?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The 3GS isn't going to be any faster, as you can't use T-Mobile 3G on the iPhone.

You don't have to give them your 2G. You won't get a discount for trading an old one in, you just go in there, pay cash and walk out

My iPhone is a Part of Me ekidd's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post
    The 3GS isn't going to be any faster, as you can't use T-Mobile 3G on the iPhone.

You don't have to give them your 2G. You won't get a discount for trading an old one in, you just go in there, pay cash and walk out
    ^ what he said. If you dont plan on leaving T-mobile, and want 3g, then buy a G1 or something.

Thanks

^ what they both said and.....

you could walk in to an Apple store and walk out with a 3Gs but the method may very per store. I doubt getting it cheap or at non-upgrade price and it working on T-Mobile as you walk out the store.

you can try the bing/live deal but it seem like there's to many steps to do and might get frustrating if something happens if the deal goes sour.

IMO get that HTC Hero or the MyTouch. that way they will work on T-Mobile's 3G without to headaches.

Good luck.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ill sell you my G1 if your interested. P.M. me

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies gents...

One thing - Just because I feel it should be stated. What person would be able to activate/unlock/jailbrake/ upgrade the OS numerous times / and prep a phone to run perfectly on a non-approved network but not know that I couldn't get 3G???

I was referring to processor speed... as in 3GS... geez

Thanks for your responses, regardless.

Before - you still needed to sign up for a contract (even if the phone was unsubsidized. Is that no longer the case?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I believe you can buy the unsubsidized 3GS without a contract for $499/$599. You can probably sell your unlocked 2g for at least $200 on eBay.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboveliquidice View Post
    Ok - The title says it all...

I am a pharmacy student, and use LexiComp exclusively as my drug compendia - I really want the incredibly quick speeds of the 3GS. However, I love my 5.99 Tzones w/ unlimited txts and fav 5 that comes in at 56.xx per month after taxes.

Can I simply walk in to an Apple store, hand them my iphone 2G and say I want to buy a 3GS at the non-upgrade price?

Or is it better to get a 3GS at the discounted price, wait 30 days then cancel and pay ETF??? I have heard that there is a bing / Live coupon I can use to purchase the phone online as well.

Thoughts?
    lol...I'm a medical student in the same situation...I love Lexi-Comp. It would be great to have the 3GS right now, but it doesn't seem like there's a way to get a good deal on it...Let me know what you decide to do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aboveliquidice View Post
    One thing - Just because I feel it should be stated. What person would be able .....

.......... you still needed to sign up for a contract.....
    1) a intermediate computer use that can follow directions on a Mac or PC.
    2) don't know, stop by an apple store and find out. you don't' have to buy it right at that moment in TIME, your just a customer looking for information.