Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: What sort of battery life are you getting with 2g 3.0 on T-Mobile?

Default What sort of battery life are you getting with 2g 3.0 on T-Mobile?
    My battery life usage was down to about two hours (as shown in settings-->general-->usage), so I uninstalled the ActivateMMS2g hack, SBSettings, and Winterboard. That increased usage time to about 4 hours. Now I'm going back to a clean custom install of 3.0 to see if that helps more. What sort of usage and standby times are you all getting with T-Mobile on 2g phones with 3.0?

My friends on AT&T with 2g phones seem to be getting about 7-8 hours of usage. My phone is still under warranty for another month, so I would like to find out if I should try to get them to replace it because of poor battery life or if what I'm getting is normal for a jailbroken/unlocked phone.

Thanks for any guidance!

My usage is at 2.5 hrs with like 3/4 battery left

iPhone 2G 3.0 Unlocked/Hactivated
    WiFi On
    Bluetooth On
    Push working
    MMS working

I have noticed that Push notifications will drain your battery on 2G 3.0 if you either do not have a data plan or your interned is not configured propertly.

Simply turning the notifications off solves the problem

I lose about 10% an hour, up to 15-20% if i'm doing a lot of activity.

But 10% for phone calls/itunes/email

Wow! It sounds like you're all averaging around 10 hours per full charge. I'm nowhere near that.

After restoring the custom 3.0 IPSW this morning, I'm at about 33% remaining after 3:30 of usage with WiFi on, Location on, Bluetooth off, Push off.

Turn off MMS in Settings. Turn it on when needed.

I don't even have MMS on my 2g anymore. I uninstalled it and went back to the original Pwnage IPSW. My battery just died after 6 hours of usage and 24 hours standby. It doesn't seem to be up to the standards that others here are posting, but it doesn't seem that bad considering that much of that usage is data over EDGE.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shizzabrick View Post
    Turn off MMS in Settings. Turn it on when needed.
    that seems to maybe save a tiny drop of battery life, but the battery still drains like a mofo. and when MMS is off, you won't get the picture messages you've missed when it turns back on.

total suckage....but i'll deal with it regardless. so i'll have to charge twice a day now...any maybe find a portable power pack for travel use. it's still better than swirly

My battery life is normal again...

I uninstalled MMS
    Notifications: OFF
    Push: OFF
    Wi-fi: OFF(ON only when needed)
    SSH: OFF
    Locations: OFF
    Edge: ON

Also, I always check on SBsettings to see if the Mail.app is running, looks like something triggers it to open on 3.0 (even if you do not have an email account registered)... I haven't figured that out yet.
    Housekeepin'?