Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Prepaid Options?

Default Prepaid Options?
    I currently use T-mobil prepaid on a old motorola phone. I get 10cent/min voice and the free useless tzones (ringtone downloads, plus a few info sites). The phone gets very little use.

Is there some way to use the sim in an iphone? I would mainly use it on wifi, but would like to use the edge network occasionally when wifi isn't available. Voice use would be minimal.

Yes, you can use an iPhone with a prepaid SIM as long as it is Jailbroken and Activated.

You will need to subscribe to Sidekick Services, which is $1/day or else you won't get EDGE. Make sure to set the APN to hiptop.tmobile.com and leave the username and password blank.

does sidekick plan need special sim? or will any tmobile prepay sim work? also does sidekick plan include mms? sry for so many questions but I need to get away from AT&T I can't afford it.

I'm not entirely sure the sidekick plan works for the iPhone, although I could be wrong.

hey I found this could be useful to you..
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/t-mobil...an-iphone.html

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

I have been using my T-mobile prepaid sim for years in my iPhone.

thanks!!!!!! I'll give it a try soon. I hope I can get service where I work. so it doesn't say do they charge you for mms. if so I could just email pics just like I do on AT&T right?

sry to bug again but do I need a sidekick imei?
    Last edited by hurstolds83; 07-15-2009 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone madrich's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hurstolds83 View Post
    thanks!!!!!! I'll give it a try soon. I hope I can get service where I work. so it doesn't say do they charge you for mms. if so I could just email pics just like I do on AT&T right?

sry to bug again but do I need a sidekick imei?
    Yes, MMS cost 25 cents (and huge battery drain). No Sidekick IMEI needed; only Jailbreak and Unlock with T-mobile SIM Card in iPhone. No EDGE interent; except CNN, ABC News, and ESPN limited site use (t-zones). There is also a Prepaid Sidekick Plan which is like $1 day. I think there is per diem data plan available too. (You need research this.) I have and like the straight prepaid minutes.
    Last edited by madrich; 07-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.

thanks so much!!!! I'm gonna try the sidekick plan as I live at work lol. gotta b able to surf the web and get payed