+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellular Data Network not showing up

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Cellular Data Network does not show up for me in network settings. Can anyone help? also i have the web2go internet...does that work with the iphone?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Cellular Data Network not showing up
    Cellular Data Network does not show up for me in network settings. Can anyone help? also i have the web2go internet...does that work with the iphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

go to cydia and search (apn editing) from bigboss's repo install reboot after reboot cellular data network should pop up

Setting>General>Network>Cellular Data Network

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

doesnt show up 4 me after I reboot and installed..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Edit carrier.plist
    I had this same issue for a while. Here's what i did.
    1. Winscp into your phone
    2. navigate to var/mobile/library/Carrier Bundle.bundle
    3. edit the carrier.plist file
    4. insert the following after <dict>:
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>

end product should look like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>AllowEDGEEditing</key>
    <true/>
    <key>BookmarkURLs</key>
    <array>
    <dict>

save it and reboot phone.
    If this doesnt work the first time keep doing it until it pops up. I usually have to do it 2 or 3 times before it takes.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to prelude9si For This Useful Post:

Antonius138 (07-21-2009), rossmiester (07-21-2009), Squad51 (07-20-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I actually followed another persons post. I used a program called "Iphone Configuration Utility." Then I added the APN through the program, internet2.voicestream.com. Then you install this app on your Iphone, unlockit.co.nz, and now I get the EDGE network.

I have heard people saying you can call T-Mobile and say you want the cheapest internet package and it will still work with EDGE? Is that true? I pay $19.99 right now for the internet alone, hopefully I can make my phone bill less by performing this option. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone smassie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossmiester View Post
    I actually followed another persons post. I used a program called "Iphone Configuration Utility." Then I added the APN through the program, internet2.voicestream.com. Then you install this app on your Iphone, unlockit.co.nz, and now I get the EDGE network.

I have heard people saying you can call T-Mobile and say you want the cheapest internet package and it will still work with EDGE? Is that true? I pay $19.99 right now for the internet alone, hopefully I can make my phone bill less by performing this option. Any ideas?
    I can confirm that the 9.99 web2go unlimited data plan does work on the iphone. I spoke with three different tier 3 support reps to be sure before I switched.

They did try to give me the run around saying that the only plan that works for the iphone is the 34.99 plan which is BS. I had to talk to four different reps before I got one that would switch my plan to the 9.99 but it DOES work if you're persistant with them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smassie For This Useful Post:

rossmiester (07-21-2009)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the cheapest plan works, tmobile tried to get me to upgrade to the blackberry plan, but my 5.99 plan works wonders.

I'm curious to know if the upgraded plans are any faster though...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

rossmiester (07-21-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is web2go for T-Mobile? Why would they give you the run around if you want to switch to web2go for T-Mobile? Also, what if I went to T-Mobile.com and switched it from their?

Green Apple
    Thanks

My cellular data network isnt showing either after I uploaded a bundle from the other thread. Is there anyway I can get it back, since my phone isnt jailbroken?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,534 Times in 5,852 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    My cellular data network isnt showing either after I uploaded a bundle from the other thread. Is there anyway I can get it back, since my phone isnt jailbroken?
    If it isn't jailbroken, just restore in iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siawash View Post
    Try one of the other bundles. After it's loaded go into your settings and click Reset at the bottom then Reboot the phone.

If they still arent showing up, repeat or restore with your original ipcc file.

Is web2go for T-Mobile? Why would they give you the run around if you want to switch to web2go for T-Mobile? Also, what if I went to T-Mobile.com and switched it from their?
    I'm on a flexpay plan which means I pay for my service a month in advance. Since I pay that way, I have to call in to TMo to have them make changes to my plan.

I was originally on a blackberry plan since I had a pearl when I first signed up. I used the bb plan until this month when I started looking into saving a bit on my bill.

I told them the deal, that I was using an iPhone, and they sent me off to their unsuported devices tech support. After talking to several of them (I called numerous times to make sure I was getting the same answer each time) I called to switch to the cheaper web2go plan. Apparently the people on the phones aren't told that the cheaper plans will work with the iPhone so they try to upsell you to the 34.99 plan that they have. At least that's what they kept telling me.

So in the end I ended up with the 9.99 plan but it was a run around and quite frustrating. I'm pleased though with the end result, I'm saving about 25 bucks a month on my phones and that's always a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    I'm curious to know if the upgraded plans are any faster though...
    Tested @ testmyiphone.com with 3 bars for signal, connection type Edge
    Download - 2.47Mbps
    Upload - apparently I can't upload, the test never did complete after several attempts.

I'm using the internet2.voicestream.com APN.
    Last edited by smassie; 07-21-2009 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to smassie For This Useful Post:

rossmiester (07-21-2009)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I am going to call TMobile and tell them I am swapping phones with my girlfriend. She wants my G1 and I have had so many problems with it that I don't want to deal with it anymore. She has my old phone which is an old Samsung which only works with tzones. This way since I don't have my G1 I want the cheapest internet package which would be $9.99. I would then say i'll call back when I search for a phone I like to upgrade my plan. Boom! That should work, what do you think?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    If it isn't jailbroken, just restore in iTunes.
    If I do a plain old restore, would I have to re-unlock it again?

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

You must be on WiFi because 2.47Mbps is too fast for EDGE.

Yeah just call them and tell them you have a new phone (they'll ask for an IMEI) and you don't need the expensive data plan.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smassie View Post
    If they still arent showing up, repeat or restore with your original ipcc file.
    There is no 'original' ipcc file, and I cant upload another bundle Since my iPhone is NOT jailbroken..Even if I could, the guy said that Cellular Data network is disabled. I just want to go back to get that menu back.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just log into your t-mobile site, change the phone to Motorola v3, log out, log back in, you should see the option to add unlimited web2go 9.99! That was how i did for my dad iPhone. and the APN should be internet2.voicestream.com, it will take 24-48 hours to activate
    iPhone 4 32GB. Jailbroken!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    You must be on WiFi because 2.47Mbps is too fast for EDGE.

Yeah just call them and tell them you have a new phone (they'll ask for an IMEI) and you don't need the expensive data plan.
    I thought so too GIR, but here is a screenshot I snagged last night at home. Still 3 bars, WiFi off EDGE selected on the webpage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cellular Data Network not showing up-photo1.jpg  

My iPhone is a Part of Me GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL's Avatar
    Thanks

That actually says 33Kbps.

I can get up to 180kbps with 5 bars.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL View Post
    That actually says 33Kbps.

I can get up to 180kbps with 5 bars.
    Upload yes is 33Kbps.
    The download however shows 3288Kbps.

Here's a screenshot of the top of that same page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cellular Data Network not showing up-photo2.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I went to the Tmobile site and did everything you said to change to the web2go plan but their only is an option for hotspot for $9.99. I clicked on that and tried to change it but it will say this " We’re sorry, but we're not currently able to complete your request online. If you have questions, or if you’d like to change your plan or services, please call Customer Care at 1-877-453-1304 or dial 611 on your T-Mobile phone." How did you do it online?