+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cellular Data Network not showing up

is a discussion within the

T-mobile

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
    iPhone? More like MyPhone smassie's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rossmiester View Post
    I went to the Tmobile site and did everything you said to change to the web2go plan but their only is an option for hotspot for $9.99. I clicked on that and tried to change it but it will say this " We’re sorry, but we're not currently able to complete your request online. If you have questions, or if you’d like to change your plan or services, please call Customer Care at 1-877-453-1304 or dial 611 on your T-Mobile phone." How did you do it online?
    Your optoins on the TMo site are limited based on your account type. Are you on a FlexPay plan by chance? If so, you will need to call customer service to add the 9.99 Web2Go.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Need some help -- I've been using my 1st gen 2g on t-mobile since it came out (currently running 3.0). I previously had a Dash so i never had to do any account tweaking, I always had full internet using internet2.voicestream.com in the APN field. I've been out of contract for 9 months and was sick of paying monthly, so I switched to Pay As You Go. I saw that T-Zones (now Web2go) was included for free with all prepaid plans, and I knew that this worked fine to access the internet, so I thought- "what the hell?". but now, of course, it doesn't work. I've tried everything i can think of. the edge symbol displays, but I am redirected to the web2go/tzones "upsell" page whenever I try to access a page via safari. Am I SOL? I'll switch to the PrePaid SideKick plan if necessary. I've skimmed through other forums and it doesn't seem like anyone else is in my exact sitution (pay as you go). Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think the reason you lost your cellular network setting is because you download t-mobile bundle in in cydia and then you reset your network, to fix this, all you need to do is co to cydia and remove those bundle and then reset your network (setting->general->reset), i hope that fix your issue, it worked on me thought

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't know what flex pay is and I don't think I have it because I have never heard of it.

Thanks

I don't know what flex pay is and I don't think I have it because I have never heard of it.
    The two account types I'm most familiar with are the normal accounts and flex pay. With a flex pay account, you actually for the service in advance. For example, when I pay my next bill it will be for August. Where with a normal plan, you pay for the month at the end, I pay up front.

Link
    Last edited by smassie; 07-23-2009 at 02:59 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I might have flex pay then because I can pay for a month in advance. I don't understand why I have to call tmobile to change my plan. The website won't allow me to change the plan. Do you know any other way of doing the website change without calling TMobile. Thanks!

Thanks

I might have flex pay then because I can pay for a month in advance. I don't understand why I have to call tmobile to change my plan. The website won't allow me to change the plan. Do you know any other way of doing the website change without calling TMobile. Thanks!
    Unfortunately I don't. I tried everything I could think of and eneded up calling them in the end. They will change it for you, you just have to be persistant and make sure they dont railroad you with the more expensive plan.

If you dont like the answers from one service rep, hang up and call back. Eventually you will get one that will work with you.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you people are talking about my bundles in the sticky, Cellular Data Menu is disabled on purpose. I will not enable it. Read first post.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12