Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: End of T-zones and Web2Go?

Default End of T-zones and Web2Go?
    After fighting all week with T-Mobile about getting T-zones on my account, I'm on the phone with there "tier 3" tech support, for a different issue (setting up my MMS) and I spoke to a very nice tech who both spoke perfect english, and knew her ****. (Finally!) Apparently T-Mobile has completely disabled the ability for iPhone and PDA owners to access the internet on anything but a true blue data plan.

According to the tech when you connect to page via your phone how your phone interprets the page is telling T-Mobile what kind of phone you are using. So now they know, and they've redone the servers to auto redirect to there stupid upsell page. She said that about 60% of iPhone users are already SOL and the other 40% are soon to be.

Now, I'm taking this with a grain of salt seeing as I was talking to a T-Mobile rep, but I have read that ALOT of people are having problems with T-zones and the Web2Go... She told me that there is a $19.99 Web plan for smartphones, T-Mobile or not. Whether or not it's true, I guess we'll have to see, but since I can't get them to add T-Zones on my account anyway, I just gunna bite the bullet...

iPhone? More like MyPhone uglyboygq's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess we'll see. My lovely, slow, but still lovely tzones is working. 2G with 3.0 firmware.
    Don't take life so serious...no one comes out alive anyways.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

My tzone still work just fine , same speed as year ago. I hope they dont cut it off because ill switch to at&t same day . Luckily my contract with tmobile is up.

Quote Originally Posted by uglyboygq View Post
    Guess we'll see. My lovely, slow, but still lovely tzones is working. 2G with 3.0 firmware.
    how do u get it to work?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

He's grandfathered into T-Zones (he had the service before they discontinued it and they let ppl keep the service aka grandfathered in)

Quote Originally Posted by IvanPK View Post
    He's grandfathered into T-Zones (he had the service before they discontinued it and they let ppl keep the service aka grandfathered in)
    Even those fortunate enough to have had T-zones grandfathered in there plans will supposedly be losing the ability to connect. It doesn't have anything to do with actually having the service or not, it has to do with the fact that T-Mobile is logging what type of phone you use when connecting to that service and redirecting you.

Quote Originally Posted by BarcaMagic View Post
    My tzone still work just fine , same speed as year ago. I hope they dont cut it off because ill switch to at&t same day . Luckily my contract with tmobile is up.
    Sooner or later it's gunna stop working...

Even the rep I talked to said it was a bad move on behalf of T-Mobile because something like 50% of iPhone users in the US are on T-Mobile because the rate plans are cheaper. When they can it there wont be any reason all those people wont just move over the ATT pay the same price, get a 3GS and actually be able to use 3g.
    Last edited by unifiedfall; 07-07-2009 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i do have the plan but just dont know how to make it work. i want to make it have the same effect as edge if that is even possible now

Quote Originally Posted by NYzJatt View Post
    i do have the plan but just dont know how to make it work. i want to make it have the same effect as edge if that is even possible now
    Which plan do you have? Either way, go to settings<general<network<cellular data network and punch in the APN settings. For T-zones its wap.voicestream.com, for Web2go it's either internet2.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com I can't remember which. But don't be surprised if you put the APN in, hit up safari and get rerouted to TMO's upsell site. If thats the case then say goodbye to cheap data, and say hello to atleast $19.99 a month.

Good luck to ya

i have the tzones 5.99 plan. so if i put in wap.voicestream.com my tzones plan will have the same effect as edge?

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

nyzjatt yes

this t-zones hack has been going on for YEARS before the iphone was even invented; it was used mostly on windows mobile phone. Maybe they are FINALLY closing the hole but we'll see.

Thats fine..

They'll notice, the day they discontiune the T-Zones, is the day they lose a ton of customers.

My 2G is still working fine tho..

exactly.....i've been seeing rumors of them closing the hole for years never to see it actually happen. while maybe this time its true we'll see ! hopefully not!

sooo????? does the tzones hack work still? I have a 2.g on 3.0 with a tzones that doesnt work. I tried going into settings>gen>network= and i dont have >cellular network as an option. THen i tried DLing the iphone configuration utillity from apple to create a new profile, and still i could not get it. any help out there??

yeah but even if they get rid of of both you can still get the 19.99 plan where you get unlimted data and unlimted text. Its still cheaper than att.

With what I'm saving now (about $25-$30) compared to AT&T, its worth it for the EDGE Speed..

If I'm dropping down to a $5-$10 savings, I'll switch. AT&T has better coverage in my area, and I'll get 3G speeds for $5-$10 more..

T-Mobile is the choice for people on a budget who want a nice phone.

AT&T would never get a dime of my money. They SUCK so hard. $5.99 T-ZONES(read: you shouldn't be on this plan) was a nice ride, and now it's time to get off. Whats the problem? Flexpay + T-Mobile customer service, is more than enough to keep me far away from AT&T.
    I'm not on a budget, I don't want to be locked in a contract with a company like AT&T and my cellular data usage is slim. What I'm currently saving over AT&T is certainly not $5-10 anyhow. It's way more than that.
    Last edited by GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL; 07-10-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i've said time n time again. its always the guys with less then 10 post's who jump in saying all this. we've heard stories for the passed 2 years about it.

i have tzones, and have had tzones, working, for the passed 1.5yrs. oh the joy of 5.99 internet.
    1.1.1>1.1.2>1.1.4>2.0>2.1>2.2>3.1>3.1.2 blackra1n'd

waitin on my white iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by smirkis View Post
    i've said time n time again. its always the guys with less then 10 post's who jump in saying all this. we've heard stories for the passed 2 years about it.

i have tzones, and have had tzones, working, for the passed 1.5yrs. oh the joy of 5.99 internet.
    It doesn't matter, "time n time" again you know you're not supposed to be on T-Zones under the iPhone, but you complain if they decide to cut you off? Just go on over to AT&T.

Looks like this has happened at least on my web2go, been working forever then as of today I am getting a redirect to wipcore.tmobile.com using apn internet2.voicesteam.com. Other 2 apns never worked on web2go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast